Ninebot mini keeps flashing red led and beeping. Won't pair.

Need help, just got my ninebot mini and worked out of the box. Made the mistake of upgrading to 1.2.8 and now when turned on it just beeps in a pattern and flashes red led and front LED. Won't pair and keeps asking for Bluetooth pin. What do I do????

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jojo33 said:

Maybe inside application option parameters other setting power off if locked and no alarm if locked 

What do  you mean? Its not locked and all alarm settings are off. It starts alarming and flashing the minute i turn it on and i get a Tip message that says " CPU start error check control board"

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

It's an official seller segway ninebot or it is a direct import china ? 

Well you can try with downgrade method of Alexander its simply Maybe will work 

When I downgrade to v117 I get in first try an cpu error 

Second time works 

its a seller from the USA that sells them. I tried the downgrade but could not understand how to do it. The ninebot does not stay on long enough to get through the process before it stops beeping and powers down.

My app is v3.6 now.

When I started the app on my phone, the bluetooth is not pairing with the ninebot and after like 20 sec, the ninebot will switch off by itself. 

When turned on it just beeps in a pattern and flashes red led and front LED.. 

Really regretted to upgrade the firmware !!

Also prompted me to upgrade to latest firmware 1.2.8.

So the new mobile app is v3.6 and once you power up the ninebot, it will start to search and I will see my device.

When I click on connect, it will show connecting but after a while, it will show me bluetooth connect fail. 

Any idea ?

searching.jpg

connecting.jpg

bt.jpg

Just now, jojo33 said:

i post for you apk version v3.5.1

or share on this website http://www.apkmonk.com/app/cn.ninebot.ninebot/#previous

say me if this work fine or not 

it's android apk you need android device

Listen bud, thanks for he help but I think the language barrier is preventing you from understating us. The app isn't the problem. Our problem is hardware related. Our ninebot won't stay on for longer than 20 seconds to allow us to complete a firmware downgrade  it flashes and beeps and then turns off. 

After downloading the app v3.5 and try again, it shows me CPU start error, pls check control board. Error Code: 29

Ninebot shouldnt have released this upgrade if it is gonna screw so many people up... It was working perfectly fine before.

I feel my $$ has just been burned away. lol

I posted the pictures earlier showing what errors I'm getting. I bought mine brand new from a USA reseller. It came sealed and was working perfect out of the box with the newest ninebot app on Google play store. I was prompted to update the firmware on the mini from the app and did so. Once it powered down and finished the update I was stuck in this cycle of the device only beeping and flashing for 20 seconds and turning off. I am able to get to the firmware update screen to 1.30 but the ninebot must be locked to upgrade firmware and the ninebot won't lock during this flashing and beeping stage. 

To me it looks like that you have bricked your Mini with the firmware-upgrade.

It doesn't start up correctly any more, therefore you can't try another firmware upgrade.

This is definitely Ninebot's fault, because in no way it should be possible that if there is some problem during firmware-upgrade, that this renders the device unusable, there must be always some functioning backup-firmware, or at least a bootcode, which allows you to connect via Bluetooth again and retry the firmware upgrade.

If that is not the case, you only can return the device to your reseller and exchange it for a new one.

I would definitely also write a description of the problem to "service@ninebot.com", maybe they know some trick how you can connect via Bluetooth and retry the firmware upgrade.

If they do, please tell us the trick also here, it may be helpful for others.

What surprises me a little bit, is, that this seems to happen suddenly at several users, and I didn't hear about problems like that before.

I have wrote to them. Let's see if they respond. I've already requested a return from the eBay seller. I don't think I'm going to repurchase with all these issues. Also not being able to activate without a Chinese number and lack of warranty in the US seems like trouble going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Dannyar said:

I have wrote to them. Let's see if they respond. I've already requested a return from the eBay seller. I don't think I'm going to repurchase with all these issues. Also not being able to activate without a Chinese number and lack of warranty in the US seems like trouble going forward. 

You are right, all the things you mentioned shouldn't happen.  It's a pity, because basically the MiniPro is a great device, and a lot better than the other hoverboards, especially on rough terrain.

But if they don't get all these troubles solved soon, it will become unsellable because  of the bad reputation.

1 minute ago, Dannyar said:

I'd almost rather pay the $999 for the segway US model because I know it will work, have warranty and even has s bigger battery, higher top speed and adjustable leg bar  

Actually I have this one (it is called "MiniPro" here instead of "Mini"), but the App and also the firmware are exactly the same, so you would possibly have the same problems. But at least you would have warranty and the other mentioned advantages.

Archived