Airwheel X8 - The beeping

Koof

Hey, 

I recieved my X8 about a week ago, I've got a hold of it pretty good and I'm using it to work..

The thing is it keeps beeping as I gain some speed... Is there anyway to disable this annoying beeping??

The beeping can be stopped easily by slowing down. :)

Seriously it is a safety feature incuded to prevent you taking unsuccessful flying lessons. Safetyfeatures are rarely made in such a way that they are easy to circumvent.

Only ways I can think of would be cutting the wires to the speaker (probably not a good idea), or adding a potentiometer to control the volume. You probably can't just disable a warning without modifying the wheel software, unless it has an app that lets you do it.

Come on esaj, he's had it a week. No previous experience cited. Should he really be disabling the safety?

Like I said, it's probably not a good idea (at least cutting the speaker wires, that would probably also void the warranty)... I think all Airwheels have tilt-back, so the beeping might be redundant in that sense, but if it has other audio-warnings besides overspeeding (like low battery), then I would leave it alone. If the volume of the warning is too high, a potentiometer or a resistor could be used to lower it, but again, it probably voids the warranty. Better get used to it? ;)

In the past I have just put some duct tape over the buzzer, makes it a lot quieter and less annoying.  Can also put some foam between the tape and buzzer dampen the sound even more if you want it even quieter.  it's easier than adding a resistor if you haven't got much technical experience.

I couldn't stand the beeping on my X8 and cut the wire to the speaker. It's a much better experience now. The beeping would be great if it didn't start so early and wasn't so loud. But the beeping starts too early and is a nuisance. The gyroscope forces you back if you go too fast anyway so I found it to be unnecessary. (And I don't ride it down to a dead batter anyway.)

Archived