Jimi00

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimi00 said:

OK... I did it... I'm now back in v1.18 :D

Wow nice.  Gamble paid off!  :P

16 hours ago, John Eucist said:

I would hold off until more reassurances.  Especially since right now your KS16, at least, still works.

This was the "more reassurances" I was talking about except you were the one who provided it for others.  :D

8 minutes ago, Polpus said:

is there a place where to find and download all the fw release with their features ??

I am actually playing with the v. 1.13 and am not too sure to upgrade ..

My advice is to keep a trace of all your firmware versions before downloading a new one (by renaming the file by example). The firmwares are downloaded by the app and llocated on your device, under kingsong app directory.

According to me, the best firmware for the moment is 1.18.

But be carrefull, the low voltage security added in v1.20 is not a useless feature, it's a security feature. If kingsong decided to add it, it's because there is a real danger for the wheeler when the batteries are running low. So try to ride carefully in such a situation with your KS.

What i criticize is not the feature itself which is great i think, but the exagerated triggering threshold of that feature.

2 minutes ago, Jimi00 said:

My advice is to keep a trace of all your firmware versions before downloading a new one (by renaming the file by example). The firmwares are downloaded by the app and llocated on your device, under kingsong app directory.

According to me, the best firmware for the moment is 1.18.

But be carrefull, the low voltage security added in v1.20 is not a useless feature, it's a security feature. If kingsong decided to add it, it's because there is a real danger for the wheeler when the batteries are running low. So try to ride carefully in such a situation with your KS.

What i criticize is not the feature itself which is great i think, but the exagerated triggering threshold of that feature.

Ok Jimi00, really nice job! How can we get back now to 1.18? Any advice?

infact standing on the app it seems I can download only the 1.20  .. is there a topic where we talk about a place to take the other versions ? Where can I download the 1.18 ?

2 minutes ago, Polpus said:

infact standing on the app it seems I can download only the 1.20  .. is there a topic where we talk about a place to take the other versions ? Where can I download the 1.18 ?

It was already posted in this very thread ;)

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah! @Jimi00

Show us howTo! Please.....

I just finished writing a HOWTO but i prefer not to diffuse it publicly here.
*PM* me if you want it. I just ask you in return to keep it for you and not to broadcast it.

21 minutes ago, Jimi00 said:

*PM* me if you want it. I just ask you in return to keep it for you and not to broadcast it.

Just curious what's the reason for the secrecy?  If you're afraid of personal liability, somehow, then I believe that as long as somebody else "broadcasts" it here (even if it was learned from you) you are no longer liable for anything (not that you were liable in the first place).  :P

1 hour ago, Jimi00 said:

Thanx Jimi00 for his work but after reading the howto its way too difficult for me... And my android phone is not rooted.... Shit

4 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Thanx Jimi00 for his work but after reading the howto its way too difficult for me... And my android phone is not rooted.... Shit

time to root it, man ! :)

6 hours ago, Jimi00 said:

@John Eucist just because it would be damaging that Kingsong modifies its application to prevent downgrading in this way.

Valid concern but I really doubt they care all that much.  I think they are just concerned with liability.  If the users find alternate ways to "defeat" their system then they probably aren't liable.  For example this third-party unlock thing has been around since the end of last year and they did nothing about it.  It's probably even better for their business.  :P

The latest batch of Wheels that came into the UK were using v1.19. First time today I got the low-battery notification at 52v, apart from the occasional bleep at 30kph, there was nothing to prevent or strict the speed until this point.

7 hours ago, Jimi00 said:

@John Eucist just because it would be damaging that Kingsong modifies its application to prevent downgrading in this way.

Fear not, judging from the quality of their App, I think they have other priorities at the moment... ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.7.2016 at 1:34 PM, Jimi00 said:

Hey Jimi! 

I have the same problem. Unfortunately did the upgrade to 1.20, did not think anything bad but I hate the 'please decelerate' meanwhile when I'm below 50% of battery. 

I already wrote you to send me the 'how to' . I think you know how it feels to have that 'bad version' on the EUC. 

Maybe somebody who got the 'how to' from Jimi can forward it to me? 

I'll promise to add some details how I did it for others who are not that familiar with IT-stuff when I will have success :-)

Regards, Emanuel

Someone go ahead and paste the "how to" on a post. There is no need for secrecy. King Song won't block it.

I did some riding with battery under 50% and true, the version 1.20 limits the speed to 25km/h. I did not push significantly for more and did not experienced tiltback.

What I noticed and is kind of worrisome is when I pushed as a test the wheel to overlean it,  it "gives up" and signal "overpowered" at 1800Watts. When the battery is full this number is around 2800Watts.

So, it might be better that speed limitation IOT safeguard the rider from overleaning and eventual power loss at lower than usual level.

I guess, the driver should know, how fast he can go in witch situation. Of course, if somebody is 90 kg and starts the wheel with 30° leaning forward on a hill with less battery, it might be overpowered and don't do the rest of the power and just go slower to the max speed.

I would say from my electronical knowledge, that the motor just does not get enough energy and even if you accelerate more, it would not make it. 

The gyro I would say just switches off, if the wheel is accelerated more than 45 inbetween seconds. So if the driver felt down or lifting it over stairs and take it to the front or back. As seen in the 'top speed fall' - thread, it can of course have mistakes and might switch off. I just know it, if somebody really drove more than 45. 

To ride 30 in a flat Park even on 15% Battery should neither overpower the battery, nor switch off the gyro. 

If I would get the 'how to', I could make some tests on 1.18 and with overpowering or low battery rides. 

As I already wrote, it's always the drivers own security. Everybody should just have a normal feeling for overpowering and speed. 

@Jimi00 I guess you are on holiday or something... 

@Ecko, can you forward it to me? 

Emanuel 

Archived