There's petition to have a 2nd vote with 2 million votes, however someone found a way to see which country the votes came from. Only around 300,000 are from the UK, while apparently 10,000 North Koreans decided to get internet connections to oppose brexit and Vatican city residents have 10,000. Either that or someone has vote bots. https://json-csv.com/petition-uk-2nd-referendum

Some media sources are already trying to use it to claim 2 million demand another vote. 

4 hours ago, lizardmech said:

Only around 300,000 are from the UK, while apparently 10,000 North Koreans decided to get internet connections to oppose brexit and Vatican city residents have 10,000. Either that or someone has vote bots. https://json-csv.com/petition-uk-2nd-referendum

Hmm... I see 3.7 million for UK not 300,000?

brexit 2.png

Rememeber Ireland´s EU referendum ? - voted NO ? do it again, until you vote YES

Remember Austrian´s presidential vote ? victory was built on postal votes with more than 100% presence, especially 598% presence at Linz.

Again and again..

Someone set up a data logging program to watch the votes on the petition. 2 million UK votes were added in the space of 20 minutes, around the same time vatican city and north korea started voting by the thousands. Either the website has been hacked or something very strange is going on.

UK have now a white canvas to create something good. EU in going down anyway and should became United States of Europe, federal estatus. (Why not) The referendum shows that people are tired, enough of try to fix something that doesn't work and let's make something from scratch. Made in Britain. England always has been a business hub and it will be. New and better relations for exalmple with China/Asia (where all EUCs are made) asap, please. USA (onewheel, Boosterboard, Acton...) I can't wait!

Guys, stop complaining and signing ridiculous petitions and start creating the new rules. We have a EUCs regulation to pass among others.

Edited by Roberto Allelectric
4 hours ago, Roberto Allelectric said:

UK have now a white canvas to create something good. EU in going down anyway and should became United States of Europe, federal estatus. (Why not) The referendum shows that people are tired, enough of try to fix something that doesn't work and let's make something from scratch. Made in Britain. England always has been a business hub and it will be. New and better relations for exalmple with China/Asia (where all EUCs are made) asap, please. USA (onewheel, Boosterboard, Acton...) I can't wait!

Guys, stop complaining and signing ridiculous petitions and start creating the new rules. We have a EUCs regulation to pass among others.

If people have been tired from EU they no have the possibility to wake up. Again I wish the UK or England/ Wales and may be north Ireland the best. The Scotish residents may opt out. 

Made in Britain? Look on automotive: Owned by foreign companies, technology comes from outside. But there're for sure other examples showing the opposite.

As the UKis based on pounds sterling and economy uses USD/ EUR there's always the risk of currency exchange is bad.

Banking: The UK is interesting as having access to the EU market with valid licences. There could be different waves that employees are moved to other locations.

The situation/ relationship with China looks to cool down, as may be England will not have the same access to the European Market as before. So position will may be change.

US based companies use often the UK/ London area as their European HQ. So they've no language problem but they forgot that there's a cultural different between the UK and the EU/ specially the Central European countries. But the UK has access to common wealth.

What about standards? Does the UK go back to British standard/ own standards or do they follow harmonisation of standards to easier have access to markets/ sell products?

The Brexit is surrounded with to many may be sentences. It depends on contracts between other countries or the entire EU.

If not at least 2/3 say remain in EU (second vote) I say there's to much dislike and they should leave finally. This process is defined in the master clauses of the EU and it should be done. Not without hesitation but not to slow. 

On 6/24/2016 at 10:44 AM, John Eucist said:

I am neutral on brexit (not that I matter since I don't) but shouldn't a change from the status quo on such an important matter for the long term require a bit more than a simple majority to pass? (e.g. 55%, 60%, or two-thirds majority or something)

EDIT: My point is if it's just by simple majority, and "won" by such a NARROW margin, theoretically if a vote were to be held again tomorrow the result could easily be reversed.

I'm just wondering, If the rule of a simple majority (+50%) was ok during a referendum to decide whether to enter the EU, why would it not be appropriate for the opposite (leave the EU)? It feels a bit strange to have different rules for exiting and for entering.

6 minutes ago, Jurgen said:

I'm just wondering, If the rule of a simple majority (+50%) was ok during a referendum to decide whether to enter the EU, why would it not be appropriate for the opposite (leave the EU)? It feels a bit strange to have different rules for exiting and for entering.

Agreed completely if true.  Perhaps JOINING the EU should have also required a supermajority.

5 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Agreed completely if true.  Perhaps JOINING the EU should have also required a supermajority.

Well, it was in 1975, and it was 67.2 % 

That's more than two third... 

-_-It was that long ago?  They gave it a good try didn't they?.  Now they can try something different and see how it goes.  If it is worse maybe they can rejoin later.

Maybe in 20 years.

Edited by steve454

Brexit is a good thing for the UK.

The EU is a big bureaucracy that is financing wars in the middle east at the expense of its members, it is more of a political enterprise of Central Banks which is bad for any economy.

Member countries are loosing their freedom specially financial freedom.

In the particular case of the UK more currency was going out than currency coming in as benefits.

Now in UK if they do things right they can have an strong economy free of central bank manipulation.

One evil that is taking place almost everywhere in the world, is the excessive out of control currency printing which is a very bad thing for the average person since the average person is crippled from being able to save money.

money = currency + store of value

you can not save with a currency since it will loose value over time.

you can save money as it preserves its value.

In most of the world people do not have access to money only to currencies, only 100 years ago it was just the opposite mostly due to the gold standard.

If you believe in peace and not wars, you should also believe that people should have access to their own money which is not the case in the USA, the EU, China, and most of the world, in most of these places people have access to currencies which are constantly being debased for both political and financial reason, they fund wars by passing the cost of the wars to the people using those currencies as a hidden tax.

Now that UK is out of EU, they will have financial freedom, personal freedom, and they will be able if they choose to do so to have a strong economy, freedom of travel will be an inconvenience but if they have a strong economy that will not be a problem.

The EU and traditional politicians will do everything in their power to prevent the UK from leaving the EU, they are already talking of invalidating the referendum, it will be up to the people to make sure the referendum is respected for their own good.

The EU has no transparency, most governments have no transparency and that is something unacceptable, when that happens they usually do not work for the people, a good government has to be transparent to the people.

Now that the UK is free  it is up to them if they do things right, worst case it becomes a EU of its own, but at least they have a chance to do things right.

About brexit I think it is a good thing. I hope that brexit shock can help other countries to change europe or at least destroy it.

In my view England was the only country with the power to fight against Germany, but it had no interest in doing so  because it was only "half" in Europe.