Just got my pair of ACM today

7 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

That's brilliant! I still struggle a little with the steep hill I have to climb to get to my daughters school. I am managing to get up faster than when I first got the ACM & I could probably put more pressure on to go faster still but it just doesn't seem right. Bigger pedals would make it easier.

Hopefully not too long now. The 12 MOSFET board probably solves issues they were having with the board, they are aware of the screws snapping so should used stronger ones (unless it was just 1 bad batch) and the new pedals will likely have the new rubber grips, seeing as the others wore down very quickly.

Once the latest changes or complete it will make for a fantastic EUC! It already is fantastic - just the final niggles to work out then the only thing that might beat it (for me) will be the MSuper V3 :)

3 minutes ago, TremF said:

Once the latest changes or complete it will make for a fantastic EUC! It already is fantastic - just the final niggles to work out then the only thing that might beat it (for me) will be the MSuper V3 :)

I was told by @Linnea Lin Gotway that msuper3 has a 1200w motor while the acm has a 1500w motor.  Not sure if it's using the same "scale" that the ks14 and ks16 "800w motors" uses.

2 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

I was told by @Linnea Lin Gotway that msuper3 has a 1200w motor while the acm has a 1500w motor.  Not sure if it's using the same "scale" that the ks14 and ks16 "800w motors" uses.

I had read this previously too but wasn't too sure if the spec might have changed. It seems strange not putting the more powerful motor in unless the 1200w has more torque which may be more useful offroad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 8:34 AM, TremF said:

Exactly this. It looks like we have found another fault with the ACM's... So far they have had to make the heatsink bigger, change the control board all together and add a fuse?, change wiring thickness, change the rubber grips in the pedals and now screw heads are snapping off.

I have only had two screws snap so far (at last check) so my sides are holding still. I wonder how much a new casing would be? Once my issues with it dropping on me before I even get going are sorted it would be nice to replace the case that has been scratched in the process. With my Ninebot the scratches were at least my fault lol

The amount of apparently rather amateurish engineering on the ACM is quite unexpected and very disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Niko said:

The amount of apparently rather amateurish engineering on the ACM is quite unexpected and very disappointing.

It was quite disappointing especially as they had already fixed a few issues before I decided to take the plungle. It seems like they may have got it sussed with the latest version as  John Eucist hasn't complained about anything.

They are currently working on new pedals at the moment and any ACM sold now has the trolley handle attached so the ACM will soon be as fantastic as it should have been at release. :)

24 minutes ago, TremF said:

It seems like they may have got it sussed with the latest version as  John Eucist hasn't complained about anything.

Mainly because I really didn't ride them much aside from the two or so times where I reported about the experience.  Just been too busy with other stuff unfortunately.  I think the version I have should be around the world by now and we'll know pretty soon if it still has issues.

1 hour ago, TremF said:

It was quite disappointing especially as they had already fixed a few issues before I decided to take the plungle. It seems like they may have got it sussed with the latest version as  John Eucist hasn't complained about anything.

They are currently working on new pedals at the moment and any ACM sold now has the trolley handle attached so the ACM will soon be as fantastic as it should have been at release. :)

Is this trolley handle still attached via screws which point with their open sharp tip towards the wheel tire? 

I am happy to hear that Gotway is pretty responsive in sorting out the problems. Still, the amount of poor decision making in the first place I find rather scary.

Owner of the v3 and nothing major to report.  So I salute those who bought the earlier versions and provided feedback, which has allowed me to avoid the issues that has plagued others.

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Is this trolley handle still attached via screws which point with their open sharp tip towards the wheel tire? 

Yes. I don't think they plan on making any changes to the trolley handle as it took them long enough to design the one they have. It does look very awkward to find somewhere decent to put one on the ACM 

23 minutes ago, Chuts said:

Owner of the v3 and nothing major to report.  So I salute those who bought the earlier versions and provided feedback, which has allowed me to avoid the issues that has plagued others.

Brilliant!

I have a replacement control board and new rubber grips coming. Once they're fitted and I put some grip tape on the pedals too I should be sorted.  :)

Archived