Time for a EUC Freestyle 'Talent' Competition -$1000 Prize

Rehab1

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

@Damp Rabbit I totally agree. Hopefully when this event finally gets off the ground, the plans are to have a free style routine that can include any rountine you desire. If you want a comedy routine go for it. If jumping out a helicopter and landing on a bed of marshmallows is your style submit it. If pulling a group of happy disabled children in wagons through Disney World is your style (would be mine) have at it! Have fun and the voting members will join in and vote.

Example.. Who would have thought this youtube video would have garnered so many votes. Be original and just have fun!

Ok here is my 2 cents, sorry if I offend. Wasn't this supposed to be a riding competition, displaying actual EUC skills that we have cultivated while riding the actual EUC? Not showing what you can do "while" you are riding the EUC at the same time, giving people something to laugh at, face palm from fails or just by showing something with nothing to do with riding the EUC. This would most likely just be reinforcing the idea that EUC's are only TOYS (no it's not a hover-board!) as well as making light of some peoples efforts.

As fun as riding is (and this shit is hella fun!!) it is still not just a joke to me, I love my wheel, I take her seriously, I ride with artistic drive and ride with pride in my creativity. As I am sure @Jonathan Tolhurst and many other "trick" riders (as well as those listed blow) would attest to.

BTW as competition goes, and this is important.....It should always be about the riders first and the spectators enjoyment second.

On 6/23/2016 at 7:04 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

These guys are all sick riders and these are only some of the ones I know. The first cat Damien Gaumet is the shit, he doesn't even need his damn hands! I listed videos from Spain, France, Russia, U.K., Switzerland, Germany, Finland and the U.S. so far!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sidestreet Reny Still feeling my way through the darkness on this competition. You make a valid point. Solution: More Categories. Concern: will dividing up the $1000 prize in half or thirds decrease interest? Some have said even $1000 is not enough to bring out all of the talent.  Unfortunately while trying to 'give at the office' so to speak, financially my contribution may not be enough to get this off the ground. The moderators are very interested in the competition but the necessary time required to organize this event appears to be the obstacle. I am reaching out to companies that organize video competitions but when you contact them and read the fine lines there are costs involved. That dilutes the prize money even further. After suffering a huge theft at my office this past year I simply cannot donate any more money and time in my life trying to make up for the $70k theft is a rare commodity in my life. I was hoping there would have been more interest in the competition by this time. It also would be nice if EUC manufacturers would come forward and donate one of their products to the cause thus increasing interest. Ideas and thoughts appreciated!

22 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

@Sidestreet Reny Still feeling my way through the darkness on this competition. You make a valid point. Solution: More Categories. Concern: will dividing up the $1000 prize in half or thirds decrease interest? Some have said even $1000 is not enough to bring out all of the talent.  Unfortunately while trying to 'give at the office' so to speak, financially my contribution may not be enough to get this off the ground. The moderators are very interested in the competition but the necessary time required to organize this event appears to be the obstacle. I am reaching out to companies that organize video competitions but when you contact them and read the fine lines there are costs involved. That dilutes the prize money even further. After suffering a huge theft at my office this past year I simply cannot donate any more money and time in my life trying to make up for the $70k theft is a rare commodity in my life. I was hoping there would have been more interest in the competition by this time. It also would be nice if EUC manufacturers would come forward and donate one of their products to the cause thus increasing interest. Ideas and thoughts appreciated!

I'd say - if possible - keep the main $1k prize for main "professional" event. Then - have a few side / more leisure categories with lesser prices (like EUC Forums and manufacturers branded t-shirts, bags, gloves, caps etc.) to allow those of us less "skilled" also to participate in the event.

@Rehab1don't rush it, it's a great idea, give a little more time for donors to come forth.  I would imagine that if Freeman gave an EUC to Sidestreet Reny, some of the other manufacturers might donate some ad money.  But the distance and language barrier might cause delays.

Or maybe some of the distributors, like Segway/ninebot, they are a large company.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

@Rehab1don't rush it, it's a great idea, give a little more time for donors to come forth.  I would imagine that if Freeman gave an EUC to Sidestreet Reny, some of the other manufacturers might donate some ad money.  But the distance and language barrier might cause delays.

Or maybe some of the distributors, like Segway/ninebot, they are a large company.

Some companies don't really care much, they all seem to be cool with the advertising they do already, it's weird. In my experience international brand awareness and logo saturation is key, weather it is via T-shirts, decals, the web, sponsored events etc. The language barriers are big as well, yer right.

Btw they never gave the wheel to me anyway. :(

On June 27, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Rehab1 said:

@steve454 I appreciate that! This started out to be a fun concept. Not so sure now.

Maybe you could scale it back a bit and try something more low key as a learning experience. Keep it to something you want and don't try to please everyone or it will get away from you. You could test the waters asking for short videos and offering t-shirts for prizes and that should give you an idea of how many people will make them and will start a community around the contest.

As for getting sponsors I think once you can show you have an audience sponsors will be more exited to donate prizes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2016 at 11:55 AM, Sidestreet Reny said:

I am down! I could use the loot. ;) How do you unify the different styles of trick riding? We are all a bit different. 

@Sidestreet Renygreat post of that French person Hirsute.  As a circus performer, all he has to do all day is get better.  No wonder he is so good!:(

On 6/20/2016 at 11:55 AM, Sidestreet Reny said:

I am down! I could use the loot. ;) How do you unify the different styles of trick riding? We are all a bit different. 

@Sidestreet Renygreat post of that French person Hirsute.  As a circus performer, all he has to do all day is get better.  No wonder he is so good!:(

@Sidestreet Renyhave you done any guitar or harmonica playing while riding a wheel?  Combine two different forms of creativity:)

On 7/17/2016 at 4:58 AM, steve454 said:

@Sidestreet Renyhave you done any guitar or harmonica playing while riding a wheel?  Combine two different forms of creativity:)

I'm on it! :)

@Hirsute Final rules have been drawn up. Expect an announcement concerning video submissions and contest rules along with the grand prize by tommorow. Thanks! Should be exciting!

Ouch. Sorry to hear! ...almost there. Just working through the last few  details of the contest with the moderators

The talent contest rules will be posted tomorrow morning in the general discussion.  The new contest name is The EUC Video Talent Contest . Instead of a $1000 grand prize the winner becomes the owner of a brand new Inmotion V5F+. The contest begins August 1st and runs through September 30, 2016. The EUC Moderators will be over seeing the contest, @Jason McNeil will be guarding the wheel and EUC Forum members will be voting for their favorite video. Should be fun! 

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The talent contest rules will be posted tomorrow morning in the general discussion.  The new contest name is The EUC Video Talent Contest . Instead of a $1000 grand prize the winner becomes the owner of a brand new Inmotion V5F+. The contest begins August 1st and runs through September 30, 2016. The EUC Moderators will be over seeing the contest, @Jason McNeil will be guarding the wheel and EUC Forum members will be voting for their favorite video. Should be fun! 

this means that we will have until September 30 to realize a video ? that would be great , that would leave me time to heal my arm ! 

Archived