King Song 18a 1360wh top speed fall

Alex_U

4 minutes ago, DS said:

First time to see KS products on aliexpress. IMO, how genuine they are, the best could answer reps from KS China but unfortunately, Tina doesn't bother (AFAIK) to take part in this forum.

there are two sellers....You have to search Special for "Kingsong 18" or "Kingsong 16"...

- Rockwheel store

- self balance scooters store

The KS16 sell Side is even with some old prototype photos with Batterie LED on top :-) and some new with this "KSWheels".......

As KS is also producing "futurewheel" or "milbay GTS-14/16/18" or whatever you want....i for my side do not think that this means to much....

Tina is also in the Moment VERY slow to answer to E-Mails or FB...perhaps Holidays? :-)

• Upvote 1

Hi guys dont have pictures jet wheel is at a friends house he told me one off the fuse has burns he is not good enough to tell why it burns could it be when the batery is vol and you go down hill the motor makes power and there is no place to go for the power one of the fuse where burnd from the battery's

8 hours ago, Bob de Bie said:

Hi guys, don't have pictures yet. Wheel is at a friends house. He told me one of the fuses has burned. He is not good enough to tell why it burns. Could it be when the battery is vol and you go down hill the motor makes power and there is no place to go for the power one of the fuse where burned from the batteries?

Maybe the 1360wh battery is too much for them? Electric Unicycles seem to use cheap Chinese fuses that are not a standard use fuse in countries with more regulations. In other words, an alternative must be found to those low quality fuses. Replace them with higher quality fuses that are more to the standards of USA and Europe. :D

Edited by edwin_rm

25 minutes ago, Niko said:

I thought we would all agree with the paradigm that a moving wheel should never just shut off ever. Never. Ever. Under this paradigm simply having a fuse to prevent electrical damage in the first place seems to be an inexcusable design mistake.

I agree 100% with @Niko! A moving wheel should never just shut off ever. Never. Ever.

But a well dimensioned fuse is needed to prevent the electonic components to start a fire (example: if internal electrical short-circuit)...  Hence, the fuse should be dimensionned to blow ONLY when serious abnormal electrical circumstances and NEVER for other reasons ! Never. Ever.

• Upvote 2

I would think that an EUC controller design which let a fuse burn is already a failed design. There should always be other ways to limit currents or overheat than adding a fuse. Of course a fuse is most likely the simplest and cheapest measure.

Do all EUCs have fuses? I was in the believe that this is not the case, at least I haven't heard of many burned fuses so far. 

Edited by Mono

I realy don't recommend any one to buy trow ali express wheel is real butt having a problem whit  the wheel  like this crash its quite hard to gett a new wheel or money back and than im not asking for any hospital cost bye failer of the wheel or cost of broken phone or problem that I always will keep whit my hand because its never getting as good as is was the function of my hand 

47 minutes ago, Bob de Bie said:

I realy don't recommend any one to buy trow ali express wheel is real butt having a problem whit  the wheel  like this crash its quite hard to gett a new wheel or money back and than im not asking for any hospital cost bye failer of the wheel or cost of broken phone or problem that I always will keep whit my hand because its never getting as good as is was the function of my hand 

Sorry, if you exspected anything of this to happen(new wheel, Money back)....but it is not clear what happend at all??? Or?

I mean it is hard for a Chinese AliExpress Seller to search for the fault in a EUC, that is a thing you should have known before....and an EUC could Crash all the time by some fault, that is sad truth....

You have said a Fuse had burned....

But the wheel only has one Fuse...But also you said it is still working?

(as far as i know it has only one fuse...or did every Batterie pack have one fuse? i dont think so???)

There is one fuse i know...

Whatever: If this Fuse burns something very bad happend...a massiver Overload over 40 Amps for probably a bit longer, as i read this 40A fuse withstands even 100A for a very short time.....

On ‎08‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 4:52 PM, Bob de Bie said:

Hi guys dont have pictures jet wheel is at a friends house he told me one off the fuse has burns he is not good enough to tell why it burns could it be when the batery is vol and you go down hill the motor makes power and there is no place to go for the power one of the fuse where burnd from the battery's

And NO...this is not possible....not on Kingsongs

On 9 luglio 2016 at 6:09 PM, Niko said:

I thought we would all agree with the paradigm that a moving wheel should never just shut off ever. Never. Ever. Under this paradigm simply having a fuse to prevent electrical damage in the first place seems to be an inexcusable design mistake.

1st engineering design target, in worst case it should keep stabilized and go null with the propulsion which is quite problematic as engine and stabilization in the EUC go toghether sadly in this case

15 minutes ago, 1RadWerkstatt said:

yes,

a old KS18 problem...loose capacitors...it shakes and broke the connections -->>  when only disconnect not a big problem but when you drive and the capacitor reconnects during shaking -->>  its make a massiv voltage drop on Motherboard.

In this case you must close your eyes and please stand on Pedals the Wheel put power 2 Seconds later to normal state but in baddest situation in same time capacitor need´s power from battery + motherboard need´s full power from battery zzzsssss fuse begin to melt power cut off:(i have not hear from this baddest case but is possible

Many 40A fuses are not correct stamped out and not real 40A....cheap fuse´s cheap quality..this is a world problem thing:P

Fuse Type is complete not correct it works but is technical trash....this type of Fuse have rating for a maximum of 35V

This Type can not handle/ break this Load

I have a correct Fuse Type and will tell it to KingSong and the new Fuse has only 30A rating but not only amperage is important...break time and complete fuse type is important!

1RadWerkstatt

Quality starts where requirements are defined and someone really wants to have this configuration on this quality level.

7 hours ago, 1RadWerkstatt said:

yes,

a old KS18 problem...loose capacitors...it shakes and broke the connections -->>  when only disconnect not a big problem but when you drive and the capacitor reconnects during shaking -->>  its make a massiv voltage drop on Motherboard.

In this case you must close your eyes and please stand on Pedals the Wheel put power 2 Seconds later to normal state but in baddest situation in same time capacitor need´s power from battery + motherboard need´s full power from battery zzzsssss fuse begin to melt power cut off:(i have not hear from this baddest case but is possible

Many 40A fuses are not correct stamped out and not real 40A....cheap fuse´s cheap quality..this is a world problem thing:P

Fuse Type is complete not correct it works but is technical trash....this type of Fuse have rating for a maximum of 35V

I have a correct Fuse Type and will tell it to KingSong and the new Fuse has only 30A rating but not only amperage is important...break time and complete fuse type is important!

1RadWerkstatt

thank you! @1RadWerkstatt

now someone with real knowledge commented on this thread...thanx!

so as i understand, through shaking capacitor can become "loose" and something bad, since the connector does not have contact...can happen.....as it is quiet easy to look on the Ks18 board....it seams, that sometimes to have a look on the board alone can help....

i will take attention to this problem...

but in general:

- as long as the capacitors connection is ok ( and the rest of the wheel) its the same safe ride as all other kingsongs, or?

what i do not understand is the "low lift cut off speed" of about 44kmh....not so much reserves on this 1200 watt wheel...but when i look at batterie situation on this test...batterie is not even stressed...no max watts...but cuts out?

• Upvote 1

drop occurred due to the fact that the wheel was turned off at a speed of 30-35 km ... wheel data are not correspond to the stated requirements of the manufacturer .. manufacturer lying stock is very minimal and probably depends on the party and the control module firmware ... I think it's a serial marriage.
Now I'm afraid to get up on it and go quickly is highly expensive toys that can make you disabled or killed on the speed

my weight is 91 kg. weight 187, Kingsong wheel 18/1200 BAT ENGINE / 1360 BATTERY. The stock was 70-80% at a speed of 30-35 Disable KM

Kingsong ks181.jpg

Kingsong ks182.jpg

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Maximan said:

drop occurred due to the fact that the wheel was turned off at a speed of 30-35 km ... wheel data are not correspond to the stated requirements of the manufacturer .. manufacturer lying stock is very minimal and probably depends on the party and the control module firmware ... I think it's a serial marriage.
Now I'm afraid to get up on it and go quickly is highly expensive toys that can make you disabled or killed on the speed

my weight is 91 kg. weight 187, Kingsong wheel 18/1200 BAT ENGINE / 1360 BATTERY. The stock was 70-80% at a speed of 30-35 Disable KM

Kingsong ks181.jpg

Kingsong ks182.jpg

Please wear this knee elbow combo.

61GM4P5koFL._SL1000_.jpg

to throw something good about the Ks18 in  this discussion:

i have mine now since a week....1200watt 1360wh....btw: from the Chinese Ali- xpress seller mentioned here!

in NO WAY this is counterfeit/copycat by this seller!!! in contrary: very responsive seller and fast shipping!

because of the reports here....i did NOT go over 32 kmh....and i was very careful by pushing the wheel the first three days!

even without this thread, i would NOT have go 40....this was not my goal, i just wanted more power reserves from 20-30kmh! this is what i have got and i can not say something bad about the wheel until know!

In comparison to my Ks14 this wheel is a monster! much more power....on the hardest mode much more stable than ks14/16.....

but: totally different to a small wheel...its heavy...you need time to transform!!

i know, this doesnt help the "injured"....and i am very sorry about the accidents...and imho the wheel has to be able to do the 40kmh on a flat road without bumps...in normal condition i mean.....

if it ever cuts out on me....i would be very angry....

but int he end.....at all "1radwerkstatt" now gave us a clue, about what could have happend!

so from my point of view: take care...always...wear  protections....and check your wheel!

Edited by KingSong69

1 hour ago, Maximan said:

.. manufacturer lying stock is very minimal and probably depends on the party and the control module firmware ... I think it's a serial marriage

i do not understand what you mean.....Sorry!

can you explain?

On 16 июля 2016 г. at 11:13 AM, 1RadWerkstatt said:

yes,

1RadWerkstatt

I was saying this a while ago, the fuses used are rated for 32 v not 67. The thickness of the metal in the fuse is responsible for amerage it can withstand, buy the type of metal alloy should be suitable for the voltage. Not sure how the fuses rated for 32v will fare under 67 volt conditions.

good piint about capacitors too. Mine once broke off while the motherboard was out of the wheel. I had to bend the legs several times to fling the enginer going to the motor around, due to lack of space, and after a few times of bending the legs broke. So if you have changed the tire several times, avoid bending the legs of the capacitor. This is for ks14, not sure if applies to ks18

Edited by Cloud
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EUCMania said:

Please wear this knee elbow combo.

58 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I was saying this a while ago, the fuses used are rated for 32 v not 67. The thickness of the metal in the fuse is responsible for amerage it can withstand, buy the type of metal alloy should be suitable for the voltage. Not sure how the fuses rated for 32v will fare under 67 volt conditions.

good piint about capacitors too. Mine once broke off while the motherboard was out of the wheel. I had to bend the legs several times to fling the enginer going to the motor around, due to lack of space, and after a few times of bending the legs broke. So if you have changed the tire several times, avoid bending the legs of the capacitor. This is for ks14, not sure if applies to ks18

2 hours ago, Maximan said:

Kingsong ks181.jpg

Kingsong ks182.jpg

Did you use firmware v1.18 or v1.20 ?

As I understand it amps are amps where fuses are concerned,  you have the quick fuses that blow as soon as you exceed the amps and the slow fuses that blow after a set time.

For a long time I was using 12 V 10 amp car fuses in my 220volt control box for my chicken house as the 20 cooling fans needed the slightly longer fuses and car fuses were cheaper than industrial fuses. 

• Upvote 1