What Are Your Favorite TV shows?

Just finished all four seasons of The Tudors. Was looking for something to fill my westworld-less existence.

Good for two seasons.......then 'jumped the shark' in season 3 & 4.

Sort of poor man's Game Of Thrones. Plus having to constantly suspend disbelief concerning Henry VIII as a slim, pouting male model-type rather than the obese bastard he was.

If it jumped the shark in 3, why did you keep watching ?? Bored?

if you want blood and guts watch Vikings, if you haven't already. 

Was henry viii always a tub of lard? I thought in his youth he was more normal.  But everything I know about history comes from the history channel, so what do I know?

4 minutes ago, Smoother said:

If it jumped the shark in 3, why did you keep watching ?? Bored?

if you want blood and guts watch Vikings, if you haven't already. 

Was henry viii always a tub of lard? I thought in his youth he was more normal.  But everything I know about history comes from the history channel, so what do I know?

Yeah boredom pretty much. Also was looking forward to catherine howard's execution as although historically the person was MEANT to be young and giggly/annoying, her character in the show turns it up to 11. So her death was worth the wait :).

Yeah he was thin at the beginning of his rule. But here they keep good ol' Henry svelte and good-looking right till the end. Probably a good decision......noone wants to watch obese sex scenes

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

And put it on the wall at the head of the bed, and one on each side wall:blink::lol:

No no no .  All those repeated reflections would make any movement look like a scene from a Roman orgie; a very bad scene. Besides, how do you know there aren't already mirrors there? Eh ?! ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

where does everyone get those animated imogies from

Where does everyone get those little squares?  The animated mogies you just scroll down to the new ones added by John Eucist, but I think @Hunka Hunka Burning Love knows how to import even more from some other site.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

What he said ^.  I think Smoother might be using a phone device to browse so when the forum doesn't recognize the code for a smilie from a smartphone it replaces it with a box.  On phones, the smilie icon button in the text entry box doesn't show up (Thanks Invision board!) unless you use an Android phone and a browser that allows you to check the "Ask website for full webpage" option I think.

You can also copy and paste smilie links from other sites to enter in custom ones.  They are all just small gif photos.  I used to have a custom one of Gary Coleman from "Different Strokes."

http://www.wenpigsfly.org/

bottom.gif

EDIT:  I made a new one!  6b567c5d48.jpg Whatchu talkin' bout?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone watching "Marvel's Iron Fist" on Netflix?  The first few episodes were a little slow,  but it sort of grows on you.

Not yet, but maybe I'll give it a try. Speaking of Marvel: if you haven't seen Legion, stop whatever you're doing right now and go watch it, it's just absolutely brilliant! I don't want to spoil anything, but I will say it's not like all the other superhero shows. In fact, there's probably nothing like it on TV. 

• Upvote 1

Yes I did see the first episode of Legion a little while ago.  It was interesting,  but a little cryptic to figure out what was going on.  The Matrix like slow mo artistic direction in some scenes was quite interesting.  Just watching Ep 2 right now.

The Walking Dead this season had been quite a yawner.  :sleep1:  It seemed to start with a bang, but over the months it just has been the slowest build up ever.

EDIT:  :wacko: That Legion show is pretty trippy... kind of reminds me of "Preacher" in terms of strangeness.

12 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

EDIT:  :wacko: That Legion show is pretty trippy... kind of reminds me of "Preacher" in terms of strangeness.

Haha I know, it's my favorite kind of show! The kind that engages with my analytical/problem-solving side. I loved Westworld and Lost (up until the last season, that is). And speaking of Lost--co-creator Damon Lindelof also made The Leftovers, which is pretty good. We'll, the second season is actually very good. 

Haven't seen The Leftovers, but Lost was a good series.  I visited the ranch on Oahu where they filmed Lost, but I didn't go for a tour (just dropped by for a short lunch buffet).  Have you seen "Suits?"  It's filmed in Toronto but based in New York.  I don't normally like legal dramas, but this one is more like a dramedy.  The script writing is on a whole different level like House MD almost.  It's more about the characters than the actual legal aspect of the law.  Westworld was better than I expected, but what happened to the security guard guy?  Did you know he is a Helmsworth brother?

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Haven't seen The Leftovers, but Lost was a good series.  I visited the ranch on Oahu where they filmed Lost, but I didn't go for a tour (just dropped by for a short lunch buffet).  Have you seen "Suits?"  It's filmed in Toronto but based in New York.  I don't normally like legal dramas, but this one is more like a dramedy.  The script writing is on a whole different level like House MD almost.  It's more about the characters than the actual legal aspect of the law.  Westworld was better than I expected, but what happened to the security guard guy?  Did you know he is a Helmsworth brother?

Haven't seen Suits, but it seems I should. House MD was fantastic!

Yeah, I really hope Mr Hemsworth is OK. And Elsie of course. Gonna be a while till we get to know. 

If you do catch a few episodes of Suits let us know what you think.  It's been on for seven seasons so I think it must be popular?  I think the first few seasons are on Netflix.

I remember when I first started watching House MD, I didn't like it that much.  After a while the puzzling and unique medical cases began to be pretty intriguing as well as watching House's damaged character and his self-destructive interactions with the people around him.  There's something about flawed heroes that seem to be appealing.

Just started watching "Into the Badlands."  :thumbup:  Episode one starts out with a bang!  If you are a fan of Matrix style martial arts this one seems to be action packed so far.  Gonna have to see whether the plot and characters are worth watching further once they flesh them out more... could be more art / action than substance...

• 4 weeks later...