Chrome ninebot one mod

natethegreat

@natethegreat: Maybe you missed my question, is that real chrome plating? It looks like there are some sort of seams visible on the picture from the side, which made me wonder if it's some glueable sheet or tape, but even if it is, good job, not a crumple anywhere.

esaj its a vinyl chrome wrap no glue the seams are the back of the vinyl. it took about ten minutes to chrome it will do the whole thing in chrome pics soon.led lights are http://www.amazon.com/Intensity-Resistant-Taillight-Headlight-Flashlight/dp/B00MTI45KC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435040100&sr=8-1&keywords=Refun+R101+2pcs.

Ok, thought it might be real chrome plating too, as it can be applied onto plastic parts, but nevertheless, that looks just as good. Not so big fan on chrome myself, at least for these types of devices, fits more into cars and (non-street/"sport") motorcycles in my opinion. Nice looking lights too, and extra visibility never hurts (unless it's so bright that it can blind other people and car drivers ;)).

Here the law requires (once it comes into force) for the EUCs to have similar reflectors/lights as bicycles, white to front, red to back, yellow to sides and front and backside of the pedals. So far I've went with cheapo reflective-tape, but it might not reflect as good as "real" reflectors, so probably will have to glue plastic reflectors around the wheel at some point. Firewheel already has a white riding light front and red attention light that becomes more bright when slowing down to act as brake light backwards, so that is already covered. I think any other color lightings are forbidden, so no light mods for me (unless going with the "correct" colors or just sod it with the law). As the law isn't currently in effect yet, it doesn't really matter if there are such reflectors/lights yet, as all EUCs are illegal on public roads, whether they have the reflectors or no matter how much power they have (the upper limit should be 1kW once the law passes) etc. but thought it would make me safer by being more visible in low light conditions, and keep the police from harassing me, and at least so far has worked... I've seen cops up close many times by now, last time yesterday, when they came towards me, and then stopped their car sideways about 10 meters away in front of me in the bike lane near the marina, and I was sure they were going to pull me over, but instead just turned the car around after I passed them slowly and went on their way. :)  I got the lights on in the wheel, reflectors, full safety gear, bike bell in the finger, so probably thought not much point in pulling me over.

Out here in nyc the cops love it they ask alot of questions and take pictures. So far no problems with the law.wish i did have a horn though it would be helpful on the sidewalks with pedestrians that are listening to music. Wish the ninebot one went faster to drive it on the streets. Hopefully it will be moded soon even though it isn't a easy task.? for my first euc its works good enough for now. Cant wait for some new updates. And better tires and accessories. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very slick looking.  Post pics when you have the whole thing done!  To be honest, I like the styling as is but this might be the only other "paint job" I would consider.

Out here in nyc the cops love it they ask alot of questions and take pictures. So far no problems with the law.wish i did have a horn though it would be helpful on the sidewalks with pedestrians that are listening to music. Wish the ninebot one went faster to drive it on the streets. Hopefully it will be moded soon even though it isn't a easy task.? for my first euc its works good enough for now. Cant wait for some new updates. And better tires and accessories. 

Where in NYC do you ride? I purposely avoid the precinct on my way to/fro work after one of them called me over and told me its illegal. Don't want to try my luck unnecessarily :) 

About the horn, does Ninebot have a "beep" function on your iOS/Android app? I realized that could function as a horn if you do - I know my Gotway does and it's def loud enough to hear. However, the horn shouldn't be used on pedestrians on the sidewalk. I'd say we NYC'ers ought to thread lightly on our use of the EU's on the sidewalks - the pedestrians always have priority to the sidewalk and if anything, we are guests there. If you come up to a person or a couple that is walking very slowly and you cannot get around them, you should ride/crawl behind them until there is a chance for you to pass them. Same goes for the bike lanes (which btw are great for getting around NYC). The only time I felt that I wish I had a horn was riding down the bike lane and there are pedestrians there - they are not allowed on the bike lane at any time! And EU's, well, its sorta undefined at this point. So that also made me reconsider 'honking' at them haha - only bicyclists really have that right.

i live on staten island ny i have not seen any other EU riders yet. but i would hope that nyc EU riders would have a meet up of riders from all over nyc. maybe a club of some sort that would be awesome.

i live on staten island ny i have not seen any other EU riders yet. but i would hope that nyc EU riders would have a meet up of riders from all over nyc. maybe a club of some sort that would be awesome.

you definitely are not the first to ask about this. i've set up a thread in the local meet up section here!

I actually saw one in downtown Durham, NC of all places - and since I had ridden that same road, there are 2 of us (at least) who have ridden there.   This thing of ours is about to grow. 

• 1 month later...

Archived