ACM pedal rubber grips wearing FAST!

I am quite worried. My ACM has 21km on the clock and the rubber grips on the pedals are already showing sign of wear! In comparison I have been riding my Ninebot for around 9 months and 1100 miles with NO wear to the rubber grip.

Once these grips wear too much there are bound to be accidents with people's feet slipping off the pedals.

@Jane Mo @Linnea Lin Gotway are Gotway aware of this issue and working on a replacement please?

I have linked a photo of my right pedal. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1mrwOQYqr4gRWxndFNyU1NzVkE/view?usp=sharing

3 minutes ago, Linnea Lin Gotway said:

Do you wear such style shoes? 

Just kidding. Thanks for post it out. I will transfer the problem U posted to our purchase manager. Thanks!

1c98da95c2cfa489.jpg

haha :) No. I am wearing the same Berghaus boots I used to wear on my Ninebot because they protect the ankles a bit.

Thank you for passing the issue onto the relevant person.

This could become a serious issue quite quickly as people will lose grip when riding. If new grips do get added I would like to purchase some as soon as possible please.

Apart from the grips and a more softer ride than I am used to I am LOVING the ACM and prefer it to my Ninebot already :) Many thanks to all at Gotway.

Just now, TremF said:

haha :) No. I am wearing the same Berghaus boots I used to wear on my Ninebot because they protect the ankles a bit.

Thank you for passing the issue onto the relevant person.

This could become a serious issue quite quickly as people will lose grip when riding. If new grips do get added I would like to purchase some as soon as possible please.

Apart from the grips and a more softer ride than I am used to I am LOVING the ACM and prefer it to my Ninebot already :) Many thanks to all at Gotway.

Thanks for your supporting too!

17 minutes ago, Jane Mo said:

:Pnew msuper has non-slip tape

Haha! Such a tease! :)

Had the MSuper 3 been released sooner then I may have gone for it over the ACM but I wanted something now, while the weather is nice, that will take me many miles on a single charge and to be honest the ACM possibly best suits some of the places I ride. 

5 hours ago, TremF said:

Haha! Such a tease! :)

Had the MSuper 3 been released sooner then I may have gone for it over the ACM but I wanted something now, while the weather is nice, that will take me many miles on a single charge and to be honest the ACM possibly best suits some of the places I ride. 

Looks like the Asian market having a different main season than we and so product launche of MSuper V3 is not at the end of the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a week now since I've had my ACM and have traveled over 100km.  No signs of wear yet, but then I wear relatively soft trainers / sneakers while riding so maybe your boots are too hard and ripping into the them? 

13 minutes ago, Chuts said:

Been a week now since I've had my ACM and have traveled over 100km.  No signs of wear yet, but then I wear relatively soft trainers / sneakers while riding so maybe your boots are too hard and ripping into the them? 

I'm not the only one with the grips wearing. I may wear boots but others wear trainers and still have the issue. Maybe you got a good batch or you don't travel as fast or over such rough terrain?

In comparison my Ninebot One E+ grips never wore down with the same boots over 9 months of riding. Also if they didn't think it was an issue they wouldn't have changed the grip they use so quickly?

25 minutes ago, TremF said:

Maybe you got a good batch or you don't travel as fast or over such rough terrain?

You could be right. Confirmed with my seller today that my ACM is version 3.  Maybe they changed the rubber on the peddles.  Mine are red instead of black.

48 minutes ago, Chuts said:

You could be right. Confirmed with my seller today that my ACM is version 3.  Maybe they changed the rubber on the peddles.  Mine are red instead of black.

Ah def different. Jane posted that they had changed the grips for red. You possibly also have the 12 MOSFET board too but depending on when you got it you may still have the weak black screws in the side panels unless they just had a bad batch? I've had the heads snap off 2 of my screws leaving the rest in the case.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd update this to say I have recieved my new rubber grips and while I had the pedals open to fit them cut the grip tape I purchased previously down to size. It looks pretty cool but, unless I opt for the MSuper V3, I still want to go for the new design bigger pedals for more comfort on longer rides.

I also have the 12 MOSFET board ready for fitting when I get some electrical tape and high temp silicone adhesive to make sure the connections don't come loose from the board and finally the trolley handle! :) I wasn't going to use it because I was worried about the screws but I really need it at the moment and the bottom bracket can be screwed in high enough up the case to ensure it doesn't interfere with the tire. 

Many thanks to @Gray Goodbarn @ Yorkshire Airwheels (http://yorkshireairwheels.co.uk/) for sending these out next day delivery once he received them. A highly recommendable company with top notch support.  

20160819_170704_resized.jpg

20160819_171245_resized.jpg

On 11. Juli 2016 at 11:27 AM, TremF said:

I'm not the only one with the grips wearing. I may wear boots but others wear trainers and still have the issue. Maybe you got a good batch or you don't travel as fast or over such rough terrain?

In comparison my Ninebot One E+ grips never wore down with the same boots over 9 months of riding. Also if they didn't think it was an issue they wouldn't have changed the grip they use so quickly?

A guy in our riding crew over here had bought an ACM V1 very early. After a week or so the rubber has gone on the profile. This design couldn't last. Luckily the V2 has changed a lot.

22 minutes ago, TremF said:

I thought I'd update this to say I have recieved my new rubber grips and while I had the pedals open to fit them cut the grip tape I purchased previously down to size. It looks pretty cool but, unless I opt for the MSuper V3, I still want to go for the new design bigger pedals for more comfort on longer rides.

I also have the 12 MOSFET board ready for fitting when I get some electrical tape and high temp silicone adhesive to make sure the connections don't come loose from the board and finally the trolley handle! :) I wasn't going to use it because I was worried about the screws but I really need it at the moment and the bottom bracket can be screwed in high enough up the case to ensure it doesn't interfere with the tire. 

Many thanks to @Gray Goodbarn @ Yorkshire Airwheels (http://yorkshireairwheels.co.uk/) for sending these out next day delivery once he received them. A highly recommendable company with top notch support.  

20160819_170704_resized.jpg

20160819_171245_resized.jpg

Looks great.

11 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

So glad that you got the pedals and control board!  Gotway and Linnea really came through nicely!

Gray has been on to them ( particularly Jane I think ) since the start of my issues trying to get the replacemnt parts. He's been fantastic. 

I'm glad Gotway finally sent them as it now means I can start using my ACM without worrying about drops and if my feet are going to slip off the pedals.

As I said my next purchase will either be the new design pedals or an MSuper V3 seeing as there doesn't seem to have been any problems flagged by those that have purchased so far ;)

My new ride route has some cobbled areas with gaps between them that make travelling over with the ACM impossible but the MSuper might manage.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

what new design pedals you talking about ?, is the ACM being upgraded?

Since the version of the ACM I purchased the control board has been upgraded from 6 MOSFET's to 12 and the pedals have been made bigger and now come with grip tape rather than rubber grips. This is, likely, the final version unless any more issues arise.

Archived