THE FUTURE OF THE ELECTRIC UNICYCLE

Nuo Meng

I was saving money to buy one more 18 inch or 16 inch 840wh. Decided ninebot was good enough after the pedal mod. It will be the last ONE. 

Bought a 12inch folding bike, $2000 US notice the "VS" pics

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/pk02-Love-China-folding-electric-bike-electric-car-fashion-mini-portable-power-36v12A-350W/32649806719.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_2_10017_507,searchweb201603_7&btsid=c8343798-c9f8-4046-8015-c3cdd2159e3f

I was able to find exact unit at local store in Toronto, ON, Canada on sale $1250cdn. Regular price after July is $1850! Although it is only 12inch, it rides more comfortable than  the ninebot 16". It can not go over speed bump like ninebot. The slow speed allows for time to enjoy the scenery and fresh air compare to the bigger wheels. The 12 inch is portable to put inside trunk of car or onto subway. I think it is the best alternative to euc without having to worry about sudden shutdown or tickets.

It can go 60km to 80km with pedal assist! Without pedal assist 30km. The headlight and taillight will also affect distance. Max speed 20km/hr. The motor makes no  / little noise 240W motor  peak 350W. The battery has a keylock to release it from the bike and then switch to new battery pack. A new battery pack cost $349cdn at the local store. Bike comes with a grocery basket at the front which is strong enough to hold a second battery back if needed.

Also, going downhill recharges some of the battery. I was told the frame is solid so it will last longer.

Here is the canadian link to buy. I will remove the link after a week or so.

https://thesummitcycle.com/products/holo-1-0-folding-electric-bike-with-pedal-assist

Musk, get a lawyer, don't try doing it alone, damn cops and judges are no different, a bunch of pricks, they want your easy $600... your are already $600 in the hole, you can win this, if the ticket said highway, and you on sidewalk...

6 hours ago, OneWheel said:

I was saving money to buy one more 18 inch or 16 inch 840wh. Decided ninebot was good enough after the pedal mod. It will be the last ONE.

Do you seriously believe that "it will be the last ONE?"

Here is the bike in action. The cheaper model missing the shock absorption fork on the front wheel, pedal assist or 3 level power assist button panel.

13 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Do you seriously believe that "it will be the last ONE?"

It will depend on change in ticket system. Seattle and California got no issues with tickets.

On 6/17/2016 at 8:38 PM, musk said:

No helmet, zero pedestrians on a long stretch of sidewalk under the lip of BC Place stadium.  Probably 17km/h.  I might've been able to give a good argument but I don't know if it would've accomplished anything.  It was a pretty ho-hum affair, not much talking and the ticket came out fast.  He was there to hand me a ticket, not to ensure public safety or anything.

Fighting the ticket is a choice, I don't want to blindly reward that kind of police behaviour.  I actually hope the cop does show up so that I can get a real answer from the judge whether sidewalk = highway.  If I win because the cop doesn't show, I won't really know the law. :)

musk, when is the court date? I like to know the result before riding again. This ticket has got to one of ... if not the most serious ticket they can hand out. Good luck. .

9 hours ago, OneWheel said:

musk, when is the court date? I like to know the result before riding again. This ticket has got to one of ... if not the most serious ticket they can hand out. Good luck. .

They said a court date would be set roughly 12-16 months from the date of the infraction which was in Dec 2015.

The fine I received is for "operating a motor vehicle on a highway without insurance", which is a giant $600 ticket just the same as if I were driving a car without insurance....I get more upset forgetting my car key compare to the injustice which can not be controlled internally. These are parasites, lowest life form on Earth, Top to Bottom pyramid scheme cash generator at the expense of good citizens.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like in Miami there are some areas where motorized vehicles are prohibited?  I wonder if the EPAMD's require that you have a disability permit?  I'm not too familiar with Florida state laws.  I think that cop was going to give the guy a warning if he had just said sorry he didn't see the sign, but it looks like he started arguing with them which is never a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit I nearly had a heart attack myself today.  I was all happy and heading home after a 18 km roll, and while I was zooming out of one road I see a cop SUV coming in on the other side of the divider.  I'm like oh oh I'm so busted!  I was reserved to hearing the cop car do a U-turn and come zooming towards me, but as luck would have it they didn't!  Whew!  :blink: 

I rolled out of there as nonchalantly as possible, but man I was thinking where can I go duck into to hide?  Gulp it's an awful feeling to fear seeing cops while riding here.  Usually I'm more hidden on a bike path, but to head home I have to take the neighbourhood roads.  Maybe the cops here don't see any of these wheels so it just doesn't register visually yet as a motorized vehicle.  It's not a good feeling to be a criminal!

20 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I rolled out of there as nonchalantly as possible, but man I was thinking where can I go duck into to hide?  Gulp it's an awful feeling to fear seeing cops while riding here.  Usually I'm more hidden on a bike path, but to head home I have to take the neighbourhood roads.  Maybe the cops here don't see any of these wheels so it just doesn't register visually yet as a motorized vehicle.  It's not a good feeling to be a criminal!

Maybe try to "camouflage" it:

grid-cell-1283-1414610318-47.jpg

Yeah that would draw less attention!  :lol:  Maybe if I donned my caped crusader outfit instead.... They'd cut me some slack?  Myfunwheel uses a photo of this guy on his website.  I've always wondered what the story behind it was...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186194/Masked-traffic-vigilante-patrolling-streets-Tunbridge-Wells-ticking-bad-drivers-riding-electric-unicycle-wearing-cape.html

10 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Yeah that would draw less attention!  :lol:  Maybe if I donned my caped crusader outfit instead.... They'd cut me some slack?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186194/Masked-traffic-vigilante-patrolling-streets-Tunbridge-Wells-ticking-bad-drivers-riding-electric-unicycle-wearing-cape.html

Only if you save the kittens and put home made parking tickets on the cars :D 

11 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Yeah that would draw less attention!  :lol:  Maybe if I donned my caped crusader outfit instead.... They'd cut me some slack?  Myfunwheel uses a photo of this guy on his website.  I've always wondered what the story behind it was...

Ohh... I'm going to be in Tunbridge Wells in about 6 weeks! 

Perhaps I'll meet him?

Perhaps he will let me borrow his wheel? (As I will be having EUC-withdrawl)

Archived