firewheel F528 & gotway Mcm4 v2

Pingouin

Hi,

I just wanted to give my short opinion on those two unicycles.

I am still a new rider, I have a used F528 v3 (currently not working) and a gotway MCM4 v2.

For the F528 v3 (16 inch wheel), I can say it's very smooth, powerful enough for most situations, very predictable, with a real speed of 20km/h if the battery is above 50% charged, or 18km/h if not. The negative points are that after an obstacle, sometimes if the speed is high enough the unicycle can bend back a little, which can surprise you and make you fall if not prepared. It is also quite heavy (14.8kg with all it's stuff on it) and not very easy to carry around, I didn't have any trolley. It's not really waterproof either.

As for the range, I get about 55km with an average of 14km/h of mix conditions, wich is very good. Even though the alarm can be heard from 20km/h, whith the nice "take care take care" above 28km/h, it is a very safe unicycle, because it will never shutdown at the speeds you can normaly reach, if you keep your speed under 28km/h, the unicycle is safe but you must pay attention to bumps as the gyros might fail for a fraction of a second. My top speed with the F528 is 36km/h (measured with bicycle display). The alarm beep is not very loud if you put something in front of the speaker, you can still hear it but it's not as loud as most unicycles. The motor is the quitest I tested.

Acceleration is pretty good (600W motor, 1500W burst), I've climbed some stiff hills of more than 25° with no problem (not a full speed though). It is very solid, I've crashed several times at high speed (it once flew in the air then bounced against a hard surface) and it still worked after.

I've tested a kingsong ks14c, a kingsong ks16b, an airwheel x3, a ninebot one and a gotway mcm2s, and the firewheel is by far the most confortable of the unicycles, due to the balance that is smooth but not too much (in comfortable mode). I think that it's my favorite unicycle, although mine has a failure actually that may sound the end of the F528, after about 2000km.

For my newer wheel, a gotway MCM4 v2 normal version, it's a very different ride. the way it turns is very surprising the first time because the machine tilts forward when turning short, however it is in fact quite stable overall. There is something I don't like but I don't understand why, is that I alwats have my body turned slightly to the left like if I had to conterbalance something but I can't find out why...

It has a very good acceleration, the top speed is around 23.8 km/h, I avoid going faster because the motor can cut off suddenly...although it seems quite possible to go up to 28km/h smoothly but with the annoying beeps. It's capable of going very slowly (more than the F528), it's much more noisy when riding. I always ride it in "confort mode" because I don't like the "powerful" mode, I've been used to the F528. It weights about 13kg, so it's still heavy but I can lift it more easily than the F528.

For the range, I get more than 60km with an average speed of 17km/h, so it definitely has more range than the F528. The way the battery usage is shown is better than for the F528 because I can see it in daylight, while the little blue screen of the F528 can't be seen during day & riding, even with it's little sun protection.

Overall, I prefer the F528, however I'm a bit suprised it doesn't work anymore, it seems to be the BMS (not sure), but I'm not happy it failed, but in general it seems to work flawlessly, as for the gotway I don't have enough experience on it to know if it will last, but I prefer the F528 overall.

Archived