Pebble App and Data Logger for King Song [RELEASED]

JumpMaster

6 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

Yep current is in watts. Although I don't think it's correct. Will have to double check.

Well the orignal KS app shows Current in Amps and Power (consumption) in Watts under battery screen so this is a bit confusing. Shall be one or other (or both) with correct name and unit sign / letter ... (also please see EDIT of my previous post)

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @HEC

I've changed the GUI to Power along with adding power as an extra field to the text screen and logging.  I've also divided the version code by 100 so it shows as 1.20.  I tried showing speeds below 10 to one decimal point but wasn't a fan how it looks. I prefer it to show two digits consistently.  Version 1.1.4 is currently been approved by Google.

52 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

@JumpMaster, awesome! Where should KS send the money for your efforts? :D

I'm probably doing something wrong, but how do I get to the main 'Dashboard' screen? When opening the App, it brings me to the details, can't seem to toggle out of it. 

Have you suscribed to Beta? To switch the screens swipe left / right.

6 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

That looks great. What app did you use for the screen capture?

I folded and changed the font as well as adding voltage and current. New version should be in beta shortly. Just waiting for Google's approval.

screen-recorder.jpg

The app is "Screen Recorder", I think it requires Android 6.x.

I also think, that current must be given in Amps (A) and power in Watts (W).

Looking forward to the new version :-)

It's already a 10x improvement from the 'new' Official KS App. Any objection to recommending KS Customers use it in preference to the Official one? 

Are you considering the addition of 'set' functions like the light, horn, unlock activation, speed settings, etc? 

One minor suggestion in the Dashboard view: can the speed graph be increased from 30kph to 45kph, the spin-test limit? 

On 7/27/2016 at 2:08 PM, JumpMaster said:

@rupi99

I've built it such a way that it could work with any number of wheels and decipher the data.  It would require someone with a ninebot to contribute to the project.

Great work, congratulations! ;)

I tried your app with my Gotway MCM4, it connect with my wheel, but nothing else is working, no readings at all  :(

What do you need to make it work with gotway mcm4, can i help?

Greetings

@Jason McNeil

Absolutely no problems with you recommending it. Thanks!  I'm a bit unsure with where to go with it next.  I can either make it work with other wheels, but that will require others contributing to the project, or lots of decompiling other apps and lots of beta testers.  Or make the app as a replacement for the official app which would require me to keep decompiling their apps to get the latest changes.  I would prefer to keep it read only but I'm not confident I will get enough help from people with other wheels who can contribute to coding the project.  Unfortunately owners of electric unicycles are a niche market and of those who can program is a niche within a niche.  Regarding the max speed I plan to put that on a settings menu although at the moment it's the only settings so it will be a very empty settings screen :D

@Jug

It won't work at the moment but it is possible to add Gotway support.  The issue is detecting which brand of wheel is connected.  The bluetooth services and characteristics of KingSong and Gotway are 99% identical.  I may have to make a table of all services/characteristics for each wheel and compare them to find the 1% difference.  Once I know what wheel is connected it will be simple to fire off the correct command.  I will fire a few test apps at you in the next couple of weeks to connect to your wheel so I can test finding the differences.

54 minutes ago, JumpMaster said:

I will fire a few test apps at you in the next couple of weeks to connect to your wheel so I can test finding the differences

Thanks @JumpMaster

Great, I am willing to test all apps you send to me, i have pebble steel that's why i would like to have your app,

but also many others gotway riders would like your app to! :D 

13 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

@Jason McNeil

Absolutely no problems with you recommending it. Thanks!  I'm a bit unsure with where to go with it next.  I can either make it work with other wheels, but that will require others contributing to the project, or lots of decompiling other apps and lots of beta testers.  Or make the app as a replacement for the official app which would require me to keep decompiling their apps to get the latest changes.  I would prefer to keep it read only but I'm not confident I will get enough help from people with other wheels who can contribute to coding the project.  Unfortunately owners of electric unicycles are a niche market and of those who can program is a niche within a niche.  Regarding the max speed I plan to put that on a settings menu although at the moment it's the only settings so it will be a very empty settings screen :D

With @Paco Gorinaand his mature http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/3589-9b-metrics/ project for iOs and ninebots (mainly - imho he already started to develop a framework to support different wheels) I'd assume with combined efforts a multiplatform multiwheel support could be a reachable goal...

Edit: since its hidden somewhere in the thread the direct github link: https://github.com/fgorina/9BMetrics

@Jug

Here's a test app that will record the services and characteristics of the Gotway wheel.  I already have the code to read from the wheel but this will help to detect whether someone has a Kingsong or Gotway wheel.  The app currently detects Kingsong wheels (it works on my KS16) but if anyone else could test on a KS18/14 I'd appreciate it.  You'll need to give the program permissions to location and storage just like the official KingSong app.  It will output the results to the screen and also save to a file in Downloads/wheellog/debug-date.csv.  If you could send me the output (via file or copy/paste from the screen) I'll make a second version that should successfully detect Gotway wheel.

The app is called KEVTEST
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qIN0Xd80hCWkVkWWFlb28xUUU/view?usp=sharing

@andress

My KS16 send its metrics 10 times per second so it's pretty quick.  What wheel are you using?

2 hours ago, JumpMaster said:

Here's a test app that will record the services and characteristics of the Gotway wheel.  I already have the code to read from the wheel but this will help to detect whether someone has a Kingsong or Gotway wheel.  The app currently detects Kingsong wheels (it works on my KS16) but if anyone else could test on a KS18/14 I'd appreciate it.  You'll need to give the program permissions to location and storage just like the official KingSong app.  It will output the results to the screen and also save to a file in Downloads/wheellog/debug-date.csv.  If you could send me the output (via file or copy/paste from the screen) I'll make a second version that should successfully detect Gotway wheel.

The app is called KEVTEST

The app KEVTEST connects to both my 14c and 18a.Here are the screenshot from a Note 5.Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20160801-064913.png

Screenshot_20160801-065353.png

Thanks @Jug

Can you try this updated version and just make sure it says "Found gotway"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_qIN0Xd80hCa2tPN2cwZWRudTg/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure how well this will scale as the output is nearly identical.  Luckily KingSong have a few fields that Gotway doesn't so as long as the app looks for Gotway first it will be fine.  If only the manufactures filled in the "Manufacturer Name" field (which they're all advertising) it would be a lot easier.

Archived