Hello Everyone, 

I just hope im not too late to downgrade my newly bought Ninebot Segway Mini Pro, I bought it last week and it came with the V 4.4.5, I have an Iphone, and I have read most of the post, but im not very tech related (im 63 yo), I´d love to fix my mini pro, since its quite annoying (and dangeorus) that the machine is all the time stopping and pulling backwards by itself.

Please someone help me! I´ll be really thankful.

Hope you all have a great weekend kids.

I just downgraded my 2018 MiniPro using JTAG and Alexey's "Dump Editor Ninebot v2.0.0.0" and can confirm that firmware is now reported as v1.1.7 by the latest Android App (v4.4.6) which app also controls the v1.1.7's setting just fine! So it's not too late to change... as long as you (or your kids/grandkids) are comfortable playing with computer hardware...

anyone know how to find the 1.1.7 firmware??? 

ive tried to DL it from the link provided , but it says not found...…..

10 hours ago, Aubrey Rose said:

anyone know how to find the 1.1.7 firmware???

"Dump Editor Ninebot v2.0.0.0 " has all the firmware embedded in it. You just select the version you want (I suggest to try 1.1.9) and MRN76's program did the rest. As I reported in the "only for the brave" thread the precise instructions I followed were those at MRN76.ru, specifically:

http://mrn76.ru/index.php/programming

which links in turn to:

https://yadi.sk/d/HDT0E2UX3G8XYc

https://yadi.sk/d/C38vGNAI3LMqKq

22 hours ago, Abdel Kas said:

does it work with ninebot ES2? if yes where can I find the previous firmware?

I don't think existing a downgrade for ES2, only M365 custom firmware, not ear existing method about ES2

Hello people, some help needed.

I'm on 1.4.0 stock firmware and app 4.5.4. and would very much like to try 1.1.7 since in my opinion this perfect hardware is broken by unusable software (tilt back is horrible). Problem is on step 1.; none of the apps version wont start 3.2.4, 3.3.0, 3.3.1.,3.4.0.3.5.0.,3.5.1.

I'll try installing them on some android emulator for PC but if there's an easy way I would appreciate it.

Unit is: Ninebot Minipro

Edited by Domagoj Repač
More info

1 hour ago, Domagoj Repač said:

I'm on 1.4.0 stock firmware and app 4.5.4. and would very much like to try 1.1.7 since in my opinion this perfect hardware is broken by unusable software (tilt back is horrible). Problem is on step 1.; none of the apps version wont start 3.2.4, 3.3.0, 3.3.1.,3.4.0.3.5.0.,3.5.1.

I'll try installing them on some android emulator for PC but if there's an easy way I would appreciate it.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, trevmar said:

"Dump Editor Ninebot v2.0.0.0 " has all the firmware embedded in it. You just select the version you want (I suggest to try 1.1.9) and MRN76's program did the rest. As I reported in the "only for the brave" thread the precise instructions I followed were those at MRN76.ru, specifically:

http://mrn76.ru/index.php/programming

which links in turn to:

https://yadi.sk/d/HDT0E2UX3G8XYc

https://yadi.sk/d/C38vGNAI3LMqKq

On 7/12/2018 at 9:18 AM, trevmar said:

I just downgraded my 2018 MiniPro using JTAG and Alexey's "Dump Editor Ninebot v2.0.0.0" and can confirm that firmware is now reported as v1.1.7 by the latest Android App (v4.4.6) which app also controls the v1.1.7's setting just fine! So it's not too late to change... as long as you (or your kids/grandkids) are comfortable playing with computer hardware...

1 hour ago, Domagoj Repač said:

follow the @trevmar

posts, guides and links ;)

23 minutes ago, zugu said:

follow the @trevmar

Thank you for such a quick response, but please be specific; is it possible to downgrade from 1.4.0 or not WITHOUT hardware intervention? I thought Ive seen couple of people claim yes...

On 9/27/2018 at 6:10 PM, zugu said:

Thank you for such a quick response, but please be specific; is it possible to downgrade from 1.4.0 or not WITHOUT hardware intervention? I thought Ive seen couple of people claim yes...

follow the @trevmar

On 9/27/2018 at 6:35 PM, Domagoj Repač said:

AFAIK....  the last firmware version that permitted to downgrade without doing hardware effort was 1.2.8 with app version 3.5.1....

But... at know either with them you'll fail due only app version 4.x will starts.... app 3.xx don't work anymore....

So, at know, the only way to downgrade is by hardware JTag method ....