How to downgrade your Ninebot / Xiaomi Nine 9 / Segway Mini / Mini Pro from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 Firmware

Users have bricked their Mini (Production Date June 2016) in trying to downgrade from V1.2.8 to V1.1.7 with a version of BMS V2.1.7 and app version V3.5.0 

i dont think you can downgrade without brick your mini, fault to bms v217

i suggest you

-do not downgrade

-ask user seanjohn65734 @seanjohn65734 please , he have bms v217 and his mini just buy weeks ago , he can explain you your risk

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/profile/3698-seanjohn65734/

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I am unfortunatly one of the guys who got his Mini Street (Germany) in Nov 2016 and already updated the firmware to 1.3.1, so I am not able to

downgrade to 1.1.7 and have to wait until the great ninebot god sees what kind of rubbish his vehicles are with that speed punishment "features".

Anyway, what I want to ask is:

In posts above you all talking about BMS 2.1.7. If I have a look to my BMS inside the IOS App (Vers. 3.7.4) I see my BMS version is 1.1.3. Could this be correct?

Thanks for any kind of feedback.

Olli

IMG_0502.PNG

Edited by Ollinase
typo

22 hours ago, Ollinase said:

Hi Folks,

I am unfortunatly one of the guys who got his Mini Street (Germany) in Nov 2016 and already updated the firmware to 1.3.1, so I am not able to

downgrade to 1.1.7 and have to wait until the great ninebot god sees what kind of rubbish his vehicles are with that speed punishment "features".

Anyway, what I want to ask is:

In posts above you all talking about BMS 2.1.7. If I have a look to my BMS inside the IOS App (Vers. 3.7.4) I see my BMS version is 1.1.3. Could this be correct?

Thanks for any kind of feedback.

Olli

Hello @Ollinase

How is your Mini Street riding? 

Well, don't worry about your BMS firmware, is ok, because he was build with a global mini serial before june i think (look your production date is 3 april 2016 !), BMS 113 is included with firmware 128, 

but if you did a downgrade you will keep the bms version 113, because during downgrade v128 to v117, the last bms version doesnt change, it's staying always , like mine mini, it is with firm 117  and bms is 113

In the case of BMS 2.1.7 it's very different, mini bricked seems were build with a new mini pro series (edited after june) with firmware 128 and an apk version who helped to brick the mini downgrade, it was Ninebot wants: no more downgrade , Ninebot use apk version after v3.5.0 for lock access to v1.1.7 and use a new bms version into new mini pro build after june https://mini-j.jimdo.com/home/mini-technical/firmware-and-application/

Cordialy

Jojo33/Joris/Mini-j 

p.s

next time you join screenshot please hide serial number , for safety

:)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Alexander, issue is solved!

Server is currently up again.

I just downgraded another Ninebot Mini Pro to 1.1.7 today, 22.01.2017 with the help of Alexander's server.

Used iOS App 3.5.0, changed DNS on the Router and in iPhone to 107.170.15.247, 77.88.8.8 - toggled Airplane Mode a few times, until this website showed me "0140" (the "fake" 1.1.7 Firmware):

http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json

Thanks, you're da man!

• 3 months later...
On 22/01/2017 at 0:51 PM, Ninebotwalt said:

Thanks Alexander, issue is solved!

Server is currently up again.

I just downgraded another Ninebot Mini Pro to 1.1.7 today, 22.01.2017 with the help of Alexander's server.

Used iOS App 3.5.0, changed DNS on the Router and in iPhone to 107.170.15.247, 77.88.8.8 - toggled Airplane Mode a few times, until this website showed me "0140" (the "fake" 1.1.7 Firmware):

http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json

Thanks, you're da man!

I did the same thing as Ninebotwalt and it worked. iOS app 3.5.1 downgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 today.
Used Alexander's way to do it with iPhone.
Thanks guys for all your help on this thread!

• Upvote 1

Hi Alexander

Is your server still running for miniPro downgrade to 1.1.7 ???

Please, in order to avoid me confusion and be sure to be connected to your DNS, rename the 1.4.0 that is 1.1.7 to 2.0.0 or what you want, now that it's out the official 1.4.0 ....

Wish to avoid,  if something in connection with DNS goes wrong, to upgrade to the real official 1.4.0 ....:blink1: because at now, both DNS ( yours, and Official) will indicate and found 1.4.0 as latest version number....:unsure:

Otherwise I must wait will be out the official 1.4.1 before to try the downgrade, so I'm sure to point at your actual 1.1.7 renamed in 1.4.0

Well... solved... I'm with 1.1.7 on my last New White unit too :D

Luckily doing the connection with the old app 3.5.1 the latest firmware it detects and proposes is the 1.3.1 ;) In order to have the notice of the last 1.4.0 (real) firmware, you must upgrade the app...

So... pointing at Alex DNS and having noticed that version 1.4.0 were ready .. I was absolutely sure that this was the 1.1.7 renamed in 1.4.0 B)

Done :wub: Thanks :wub:

Edited by zugu

• 1 month later...

guys, total noob here. So I have been reading this intently. I am in the USA, and have TWO NB Segway Mini Pro's. The first one I updated to the latest FW, but my second one came with 1.2.8... So I downgraded my iOS app to 3.5.1, and changed the DNS Server to Alexanders. Now when I open the app and hook to my 1.2.8 NB Mini I see a message to upgrade to 1.3.1.

also worth mentioning the j.son check returns a 1.3.1. instead of the promised 1.4.0? So there is my issue. is 1.3.1 really 1.1.7? or am I accidentally upgrading to 1.3.1?

Please help. 

5 hours ago, TheLightSpeed said:

guys, total noob here. So I have been reading this intently. I am in the USA, and have TWO NB Segway Mini Pro's. The first one I updated to the latest FW, but my second one came with 1.2.8... So I downgraded my iOS app to 3.5.1, and changed the DNS Server to Alexanders. Now when I open the app and hook to my 1.2.8 NB Mini I see a message to upgrade to 1.3.1.

also worth mentioning the j.son check returns a 1.3.1. instead of the promised 1.4.0? So there is my issue. is 1.3.1 really 1.1.7? or am I accidentally upgrading to 1.3.1?

Please help. 

You're not pointing well to Alexander server....

Stating at his latest update,  you must have the prompt message for 1.4.0 update withing app 3,5.1 (that not "see" official 1.4.0... but see only till version 1.3.1)

So.. be careful ! If app 3.5.1 show you update for 1.3.1, you're pointing to official server and will update to real official 1.3.1:facepalm:

Please, check back the network settings and if all is set well, check for firewall router secure dns that in some cases avoid to use personal dns setting. .;)

Keep in mind that staying with 3.5.1 app you must have the 1.4.0 prompt update in order to get the Alexander 1.1.7 renamed in 1.4.0 ;)

So today I finally got my downgrade done using the Alexander Method. I downgraded my app, which was the hardest part on iOS. My "APPTEST" came back bad because not only do you have to change the DNS on the iPhone, in my case, I also needed to change the DNS on my Router. I have a PORTAL Router, and it's not like normal routers. Once I changed both I immediately saw "1.4.0" update on my app. It failed the first couple times, and I almost just bagged the idea. THEN I figured out I needed to LOCK the Segway Ninebot BEFORE i initiated the update. 

It didn't "hang" or stall... it went through and updated (or Downgraded) in a minute or two. So now I am on 1.1.7 according to the app... I just went for a quick ride and I can honestly say the difference between 1.1.7 and 1.4.0 is subtle at best. I notice I can run up against the speed limiter more than my other Ninebot and going up hills is much easier. But the hassle versus the rewards are minimal. 

But I am a tinkerer. I loved the work to get it there more than anything. I am a Jailbreaker from the first iPhone and love this stuff. Thanks to all that did the hard work. 

On ‎28‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:18 PM, jojo33 said:

Hey, sorry for the huge delay, but I sold my Mini Street, cause it is great to ride through a fair hall with a speed of 6km/h but not for everyday street use.

I switched back to my beloved INMOTION V5F and now bought a V8 for longer rides.

Have fun with your Mini Pros & Streets as far as it "piep-piep-piep-pieps" don´t drive you crazy like me. :-D

Olli

Hello @Ollinase

How is your Mini Street riding? 

Well, don't worry about your BMS firmware, is ok, because he was build with a global mini serial before june i think (look your production date is 3 april 2016 !), BMS 113 is included with firmware 128, 

but if you did a downgrade you will keep the bms version 113, because during downgrade v128 to v117, the last bms version doesnt change, it's staying always , like mine mini, it is with firm 117  and bms is 113

In the case of BMS 2.1.7 it's very different, mini bricked seems were build with a new mini pro series (edited after june) with firmware 128 and an apk version who helped to brick the mini downgrade, it was Ninebot wants: no more downgrade , Ninebot use apk version after v3.5.0 for lock access to v1.1.7 and use a new bms version into new mini pro build after june https://mini-j.jimdo.com/home/mini-technical/firmware-and-application/

Cordialy

Jojo33/Joris/Mini-j 

p.s

next time you join screenshot please hide serial number , for safety

:)

• 1 month later...

There seem to be a new issue with the old 3.5.0 (or maybe any previous 4.0) Ninebot App:

I can install the 3.5 (keep it on a save place....) but when it comes to Login, it won't connect to their server since a few days now!

4.x can connect, but not 3.5.

I would need the 3.5 to Downgrade new Mini Pro's!

Anybody matched the same issue?

Does it still work with an old Android App?

20 hours ago, Ninebotwalt said:

There seem to be a new issue with the old 3.5.0 (or maybe any previous 4.0) Ninebot App:

I can install the 3.5 (keep it on a save place....) but when it comes to Login, it won't connect to their server since a few days now!

4.x can connect, but not 3.5.

I would need the 3.5 to Downgrade new Mini Pro's!

Anybody matched the same issue?

Does it still work with an old Android App?

Loks like Ninebot steers us to v4 without leaving us any choice...

31 minutes ago, Ninebotwalt said:

bad, bad, bad...  Forcing customers, what to use (the Apple way) is just BAD.

So if I see it right, there is no way to downgrade Mini Pro Firmware anymore. At least not at the moment!

Correct... The only way is to connect/solder a J-tag programmer directly to ninebot's motherboard and flash the FW.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...