How to downgrade your Ninebot / Xiaomi Nine 9 / Segway Mini / Mini Pro from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 Firmware

3 hours ago, Oli said:

Anyone a guess how many people downgraded so far? :)

Hard to say, but there seems to be a great demand for the downgrade. This thread has 300+ visitors a day. And I helped a lot of people worldwide with the downgrade via chat.

• Upvote 2

Incoming new member...

I hope my Ninebot Mini Pro will arrive on Tuesday.  Should I upgrade the firmware, then downgrade using one of the excellent methods you clever people have devised, or should I do the downgrade procedure without bothering to upgrade first?  In other words, does the procedure simply install the "good" version of the firmware regardless of whether that is actually an upgrade or downgrade from whatever version the new Mini Pro is equipped with by the factory?  Thanks for the help - great work here!

25 minutes ago, Ozpeter said:

Incoming new member...

I hope my Ninebot Mini Pro will arrive on Tuesday.  Should I upgrade the firmware, then downgrade using one of the excellent methods you clever people have devised, or should I do the downgrade procedure without bothering to upgrade first?  In other words, does the procedure simply install the "good" version of the firmware regardless of whether that is actually an upgrade or downgrade from whatever version the new Mini Pro is equipped with by the factory?  Thanks for the help - great work here!

Check the installed firmware, very sure it will be 1.2.8. I haven't checked the process from eg. 1.2.7 ==> 1.1.7 but I'm sure it will work.
If they will send you a newer one than the 1.2.8, choose the downgrade.

On 16/06/2016 at 7:14 PM, Botten said:

I found a dealer which has Mini Pro´s delivered in March 2016, is it possible that this has the Originale Firmware 1.1.7

Hello

Delivered in march ? a mini pro? I had look for a mini pro lower price in march and i didnt see any seller except ninebot spain, europa japan and kora, no saw any seller for mini pro, outside ninebot store

Take care, maybe it's a xiaomi modele customizing with knee bar adjustable from a mini pro and hubcaps from mini pro, you can search spare parts for customize your xiaomi mini into a mini pro, for that, please take care, ask for battery picture, if it'sa pro need be like the pict a join here

mini pro 5700mAh

xiaomi mini 4300mAh

Since march surely firmware was updated, to v1.2.8, or if not, refuse by touch "cancel" when the app advertize you for a new version

cordialy

Edited by jojo33

1 hour ago, Botten said:

I found a dealer which has Mini Pro´s delivered in March 2016, is it possible that this has the Originale Firmware 1.1.7

Second batch of ninebot pro arrived late march / early april. So if this is true, your ninebot will have 1.1.7. Sellers don't update firmware.

1 hour ago, Sergio Sirus said:

Wrong address, please check. There ist nothing in the tutorial that points to the zip, except of downloading it. And your Zip Link points to a wrong zip file.

After trying the downloading all the software and tried setting up my own DNS server, it failed when I tried to start Posadis. Gave me a fatal error. 

Then re-read the post and tried the "lazy" method, (in other words, someone has already set up the DNS server on the WWW and all you need to do is point your smartphone (IOS or Android) with your current Ninebot app loaded to that DNS by following the instructions for changing your smartphone WiFi DNS.

Then open the NineBot app...

Go to Settings (top right corner of main screen in the app);

Check firmware (it'll say you have new firmware, would you like to upgrade to v.1.3.0.... you say OK. 

It downloads via WiFi and shoots it to your Ninebot Mini Pro (make sure you have your Ninebot turned ON and connected via Bluetooth).

And THAT's IT! All done. 

Note: I turned OFF my mobile data as suggested in the instructions. 

Whole process in the "lazy" method took no more 4-5 minutes including the time it took to download the firmware into the Ninebot. 

Want to say a BIG THANKS to Deniss and Alexander for restoring not just my Ninebot but my sanity!

:D

And a BIG F@ck You Ninebot! No way I'm gonna upgrade firmware from you again! 

Took it for a test ride and I can absolutely confirm the original ride characteristics are back!! No more beeping unless I actually go over 18km/h. No more beeping if I accelerate quickly. No more beeping going backwards. No more tilting backwards while you're going uphill. No more beeping after to go over bumpy ground. 

Edited by EW-SG
  • Upvote 1

With good protective gear and a full face helmet I suppose one can experiment.  However, I'm pretty sure the speed limits are there because the BMS will suddenly cut power on the motor not too much faster than your original 1.1.7 max speed limits (whatever that is).

Although, I suppose, if it cuts the motor at less than 25 km/h you can "run it off" if you're prepared.  Higher than that would be risky.

Edited by John Eucist

1 hour ago, John Eucist said:

With good protective gear and a full face helmet I suppose one can experiment.  However, I'm pretty sure the speed limits are there because the BMS will suddenly cut power on the motor not too much faster than your original 1.1.7 max speed limits (whatever that is).

Although, I suppose, if it cuts the motor at less than 25 km/h you can "run it off" if you're prepared.  Higher than that would be risky.

~25 km/h is the speed i am looking for ;)

Edited by GodLy

3 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

What is the fastest speed allowed for the ninebot mini at the "fastest speed firmware"?

I think 18km/h but i can be wrong.. Then he starts beep and raise you back..

Edited by GodLy

2 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Get an electric unicycle.  Most good ones can do at least 30 km/h now.  :D

2 hours ago, GodLy said:

I think 18km/h but i can be wrong.. Then he starts beep and raise you back..

max speed for me was 20.9km/h

russian is over 27km/h (i guess vodka and soyuz engine inside)

chinese 21.2km/h

jojo33.jpg

cc.jpg

vitessemax.png

• Upvote 2

On 6/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, Denniss2 said:

Please inform people in china! I have tried to write to bbs.xioami in the ninebot forum but had no success.

Hi Denniss2 

I have changed the dns server and check updates.It always couldn't find the 1.3.0 firmware . what's wrong ?

Hey it seems like it doesn t work with the DNS, i tried it on my IOS yesterday and today i tried on a android and with another wifi. do both don t work. the app can not find the new version. WHO CAN HELP?