Help buying second wheel

8 hours ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

@TremF Was Gotway able to belp you with the ACM intermittant "flip" behaviour?  Was it a bad control board or calibration issue? 

I have had no feedback from them as to what it might be. I haven't seen anyone else mention the issue either. It's strange that it has only been when I have just got on and am about to set off. Once it gets going I have had no issues. It's very fast, smooth and powerful.

At the recommendation of John Eucist I have re-calibrated it to see if that helps and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't done it. Previously it was 3 times in 1 week. and this is only my second week with it so time will tell.

I need to take it easy for a little while now because the rubber grips on the pedals is very badly worn. I don't want to open them to fit grip tape until I have replacement pads in case the screws in the pedals break easy too.

That's very strange.  They shipped the battery separately from the EUC, and you installed it is that correct?  Were there any instructions as how to calibrate the wheel before using?  The weak screws is also a concern.  Have you sent some photos to  @Linnea Lin Gotway or @Jane Mo since you and  @Kevin Grandon have to same issues?  They might want to change out their hardware screws ASAP.

5 minutes ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

That's very strange.  They shipped the battery separately from the EUC, and you installed it is that correct?  Were there any instructions as how to calibrate the wheel before using?  The weak screws is also a concern.  Have you sent some photos to  @Linnea Lin Gotway or @Jane Mo since you and  @Kevin Grandon have to same issues?  They might want to change out their hardware screws ASAP.

They shipped my ACM with the battery installed but needing charge. It came to me via my local distributor Yorkshire Airwheels (Gray is fantastic and very helpful) I wasn't told about anything I needed to do before using except charging. I didn't even think that I needed to check the tire pressure because when I received my Ninebot from Speedyfeet it was all set up ready to go but to get my wheel out to me ASAP Gray left it as was delivered. Needless to say my first ride was very soft and bouncy lol I'm a numpty

I watched a video on calibrating because it is a very different process to my Ninebot but I think I got it to 0 0 on my spirit level app with a lot of messing to get it level.

I haven't taken any photo's of the screws yet but will later and post pics. I thought maybe I had tightened them too much but as someone else is reporting the issue i guess not.

On 2016/5/31 at 4:37 AM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

Some people are reporting some issues with the KS16 so it might be prudent to wait a little to see how those work out with a new firmware or revision.  With the ACM it looks like it had heatsink issues, but now it ships with a larger one.  These products are coming straight off the design boards so there are going to be some refinements needed.

The trolley handle for the ACM looks like a quickly put together after thought that isn't quite as elegant as the KS16.  I wish it had a built in retractable handle.  You can tell that the KS team have a better shell designer or budget as most of their EUC shells have a lot of detail and style whereas the GW group have more utilitarian designs that are more basic.

gotway heat sink problem has solved.

On 2016/6/28 at 2:54 PM, TremF said:

I have had no feedback from them as to what it might be. I haven't seen anyone else mention the issue either. It's strange that it has only been when I have just got on and am about to set off. Once it gets going I have had no issues. It's very fast, smooth and powerful.

At the recommendation of John Eucist I have re-calibrated it to see if that helps and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't done it. Previously it was 3 times in 1 week. and this is only my second week with it so time will tell.

I need to take it easy for a little while now because the rubber grips on the pedals is very badly worn. I don't want to open them to fit grip tape until I have replacement pads in case the screws in the pedals break easy too.

why does it broken?did you try to open it?

That's good to hear.  You might want to test the assembly screws for problems as two people from different continents have had issues with some breaking the heads off.  It could be an isolated problem with a small batch of screws or if it's a problem with every ACM coming off the line it could spell trouble for an otherwise highly regarded product.  People have also reported issues with Msuper screws or stripping the plastic threads... I can't recall which... Maybe a rethink in design of how these shells are put together might be a good idea.

9 minutes ago, Jane Mo said:

why does it broken?did you try to open it?

No. This issue is where I turn the wheel on, lean against a fence/wall while I get on and get my feet into a comfortable position, so I don't damage the rubber grips so much, and when I go to set off it just drops to the floor rather than move forward as if it has no power or cuts out instantly. 

It happened 3 times in the first week and has scratched my case when it dropped. I re-calibrated at the weekend and it hasn't happened since but I am being very careful when turning it on and setting off now in case it happens again.

2 hours ago, TremF said:

No. This issue is where I turn the wheel on, lean against a fence/wall while I get on and get my feet into a comfortable position, so I don't damage the rubber grips so much, and when I go to set off it just drops to the floor rather than move forward as if it has no power or cuts out instantly. 

It happened 3 times in the first week and has scratched my case when it dropped. I re-calibrated at the weekend and it hasn't happened since but I am being very careful when turning it on and setting off now in case it happens again.

contact Graham.

54 minutes ago, Jane Mo said:

contact Graham.

I have thank you, He's been fantastic help. He has mentioned about asking you for the updated 12 MOSFET board. 

On 6/29/2016 at 1:27 PM, TremF said:

I have thank you, He's been fantastic help. He has mentioned about asking you for the updated 12 MOSFET board. 

The pedal screws seem solid enough Trem ,it is the black ones in the case that snap ..... The pedal rubbers ,trolley handle and 12 mosfet boards should be here soon

2 hours ago, Gray Goodbarn said:

The pedal screws seem solid enough Trem ,it is the black ones in the case that snap ..... The pedal rubbers ,trolley handle and 12 mosfet boards should be here soon

Thanks for the confirmation on the pedal screws. I figured they'd be thicker and stronger than the little black ones. The silver ones I replaced them with stand out against the black but I couldn't find any decent black ones.

Woot! At the goodies arriving soon :) It will soon be time to zoom about again and get on that BMX track hehe

• 1 year later...

Archived