Differences between Ninebot One A1 (dual battery) and Ninebot One S2?

Evils

Hi everyone,

after my Ninebot One E is no longer, I need to get a new EUC and was planning to buy either the new Ninebot One A1 or S2 from Aliexpress.

As there's a big price difference between the two models (200 USD) even though they have the same battery size from what I can tell, I do wonder what's the real difference between the two models? And which model is worth getting?

I know both models are brand new and there's not too much info around, yet I hope someone might have some info for me!

Thanks

On 29/05/2016 at 5:06 PM, Evils said:

Hi everyone,

after my Ninebot One E is no longer, I need to get a new EUC and was planning to buy either the new Ninebot One A1 or S2 from Aliexpress.

As there's a big price difference between the two models (200 USD) even though they have the same battery size from what I can tell, I do wonder what's the real difference between the two models? And which model is worth getting?

I know both models are brand new and there's not too much info around, yet I hope someone might have some info for me!

Thanks

On 29/05/2016 at 10:29 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I can't read Chinese nor understand Mandarin (I think that's what he's speaking?), but Kaifu Cheng has some info at about 4:12 into this video:

I think the S2 has better specs?

"GIFT" about S2 external internal pictures and lab test ;) (from fcc https://fccid.io/2AF2B-NBS1 ) you can find manuel to download in the website of fcc

cordialy

4.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Evils said:

Motor is slightly stronger on S2 and A1 only comes with 1 battery where S2 comes with 2.

3 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Motor is slightly stronger on S2 and A1 only comes with 1 battery where S2 comes with 2.

That is correct. A1 can be upgraded with an extra battery, but will never get the max speed of S2 because of motorpower is lower.

@Evils Didn't know S2 was made available though... But if the price difference is just $200 - that's a no-brainer to get double battery version because it'll cost you much more if you decide to upgrade it later.

20 hours ago, Vik's said:

That is correct. A1 can be upgraded with an extra battery, but will never get the max speed of S2 because of motorpower is lower.

@Evils Didn't know S2 was made available though... But if the price difference is just $200 - that's a no-brainer to get double battery version because it'll cost you much more if you decide to upgrade it later.

Well, there are many vendors on Aliexpress that would be happy to sell a S2 to me ...

The $200 comparison is between the A1 with two batteries and the S2, so the only difference is really the 400W to 500W motor. I'm still unsure if that's worth the 200 USD

The 400 to 500W could be just a firmware thing as I doubt they will have new hardware component list for its guts for similar product, but the black handle of the S2 looks cooler.

Edited by hyiu00

3 hours ago, Evils said:

Well, there are many vendors on Aliexpress that would be happy to sell a S2 to me ...

The $200 comparison is between the A1 with two batteries and the S2, so the only difference is really the 400W to 500W motor. I'm still unsure if that's worth the 200 USD

Ah, I didn't realize they sold with two batteries. 

Maybe then consider how much you weigh. If you are heavier, the 500w motor would get you up bigger hills and absorb rough terrain better. 

You don't want to be under powered, or you'll soon regret your purchase. 

2 hours ago, hyiu00 said:

The 400 to 500W could be just a firmware thing as I doubt they will have new hardware component list for its guts for similar product...

I believe the motor hardware is what regulates the nominal wattage rating. 

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Evils said:

I would say it worth it still. You get more power (and you'll sure need it) and more speed. A1 gets up to max . 20 km/h (double battery version) and S2 up to 24 km/h

The 400 to 500W could be just a firmware thing as I doubt they will have new hardware component list for its guts for similar product, but the black handle of the S2 looks cooler.

There are physical differences in motors. And black themed one is a nicer looking one =)

Edited by Vik's

The S2 and A1+ are selling at the same price in Taobao now.  But interesting is that the official Ninebot site does not offer the A1+, they only sells the A1.  I purchased the A1+ from a non official source, and I have to install the battery myself.  Both the S2 and A1+ specs the same weight of 11.4kg and same voltage of 54.3V.

Edited by hyiu00
  • Upvote 1

Just now, hyiu00 said:

The S2 and A1+ are selling at the same price in Taobao now.  But interesting is that the official Ninebot site does not offer the A1+, they only sells the A1.  I purchased the A1+ from a non official source, and I have to install the battery myself.  Both the S2 and A1+ specs the same weight of 11.4kg and same voltage of 54.3V.

Nice! How are you getting along with your A1+? Hope you are starting to enjoy it. :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, SlowMo said:

Nice! How are you getting along with your A1+? Hope you are starting to enjoy it. :)

Since I am only starting to learn, it is hard for me to compare with other brands.  But overall I feel good about its build quality and its milage is not bad.  I feel comfortable riding at about 15kph or slower.  I recommend it as a first single wheel for new rider.  Now I have to learn how to stand with one foot so I can easily get on and off the wheel.

Since I am only starting to learn, it is hard for me to compare with other brands.  But overall I feel good about its build quality and its milage is not bad.  I feel comfortable riding at about 15kph or slower.  I recommend it as a first single wheel for new rider.  Now I have to learn how to stand with one foot so I can easily get on and off the wheel.

Just copy this technique and you'll be hopping on the wheel easily in no time.

Edited by SlowMo
  • Upvote 1

The A1 seems to be on sale at Taobao Ninebot offical site tomorrow.  If you buy the A1+, might as well buy two A1, take one battery from one A1 and put it to the other A1 to make it an A1+.  Then use the other A1 as a spare part.  The battery cost itself is like 80% of the total cost of the A1+.

But be careful with this scheme since they will give you a more powerful charger if you buy the second battery pack.  The original A1 charger probably cannot charge the two batteries at the same time.

Edited by hyiu00

19 hours ago, hyiu00 said:

But be careful with this scheme since they will give you a more powerful charger if you buy the second battery pack.  The original A1 charger probably cannot charge the two batteries at the same time.

I assume it can charge both but will just take longer.

Edited by Shoe73

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 2:34 AM, Vik's said:

I Got the optional 2nd battery with my A1 to increase range and speed defiantly worth the extra money

• 2 years later...