For sale or rent: 14-inch generic wheel (Maryland USA)

I've got a no-name 14-inch wheel that served me well for learning how to ride. I'm not using it much now that I have a Firewheel, so it would be great to find a home for it. I paid $300 for this model in December 2014, make me an offer. It has a maximum speed of about 8mph and a real-life battery range of 5 miles. It's got a few scratches but works fine.

This is a great first wheel. I have the original box, training wheels, learning strap, pump, charger, and some remaining padding that I haven't already put on it. I have replaced the inner tube which had a flat, and also added an inner shield to prevent dirt from getting into the circuit board or battery. You can see that work here: http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/330-fixing-a-flat/

If you live in the Baltimore/Washington area or northern Virginia, I would also be open to a rental where you make a deposit, use it for a month or two, and return it in working order (no problem with a few more battle scars). If you get the fever for wheel surfing you may want something more powerful, so this would be a low-cost way to try it out. Given the weight of the wheel the shipping cost would be high, so I think this only makes sense for local people.

If you're interested, send me a private message. I'll update this thread if anyone buys or rents.

Archived