(Solved) IPS Lhotz "lost memory"/ forgets total miles and settings as speed/lights after turned off/on.

Jean eRide.ie Community

On 2016/10/31 at 8:18 AM, MaxLinux said:

Today I opened the IamIPS app for the first time in quite a while and was startled to find my total km was 0 and my speed limit was locked to 20 km/h. My case was slightly different from yours, because the 25 and 30 km/h settings were completely gone from the screen, whereas you could change it to 30 but it would not save the setting.

I tried several different versions of the app found in this forum, but none would show anything other than 0 km total, and none would show an option to change the speed limit to 30 km.

Finally I found the IPSUtil you posted here, and it fixed my problem (except that my true total km is gone, and now shows 100 km). The 25 and 30 km/h options are back and they do save properly. So thank you for posting the UPSUtil! Since we still don't know what the 0 or 1 at the end of the "type" line means, I used 1 as the last character since it worked for you.

hi, it is so good that the problen is solved. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

IPS just sent me new boards (Main control board and lights/bluetooth board) for my Xima Lhotz 340wh since the old control board died. Instead of using the Xima Lhotz app, it now only works with the iamips app. The Xima Lhotz app and Kevin's app no longer connect. I can no longer set the speed to 30km/h...it will only let me go to 20km/h. 30km/h doesn't even show greyed out or anything. Do I have to unlock 30km/h somehow (There is no indication within the app of this)? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I am using an iPhone, but can get my hands on an android if needed. @MaxLinux is this similar to what you experienced in your post above? 

1 hour ago, Slaughthammer said:

No experience with the iPhone app, but the Lhotz wanted to have done 50 km before the 30 km/h setting was available. However, there is an android app version, which circumvents this issue. The .apk for this app is attached.

ips_1109_unlocked.apk

Thanks for the attachment! I have an android as well, I just prefer iOS whenever possible. Anyways, the serial and model doesn't show in the "iamips" app on the iPhone which leads me to believe that it needs to be programmed. I will try the android app tonight and see if it shows the info and will let me do 30km/h. I have a feeling that the wheel just needs to be reprogrammed with the IPSUtils app, in which case I will wait for IPS to send me a code as I don't want to risk screwing it up. 

Archived