• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok everybody SEGWAY answer to my coment on youtube, i invite all MINI PRO USER to post on youtube

" No need to worry! Segway and Ninebot are working on new Segway miniPRO firmware updates to resolve issues from previous updates. If you're still having speed-limiting issues, make sure you've fully unlocked the speed capability of the unit and are riding it effectively. The Segway miniPRO and Xiaomi Mini are two different products from two different companies; if you're having trouble with one, it doesn't transfer over to the other. "

3 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

ok everybody SEGWAY answer to my coment on youtube, i invite all MINI PRO USER to post on youtube

" No need to worry! Segway and Ninebot are working on new Segway miniPRO firmware updates to resolve issues from previous updates. If you're still having speed-limiting issues, make sure you've fully unlocked the speed capability of the unit and are riding it effectively. The Segway miniPRO and Xiaomi Mini are two different products from two different companies; if you're having trouble with one, it doesn't transfer over to the other. "

My problems are with the pro, not the xiaomi.

They are two different companies with two different products, but are sharing the same firmware for both. I analysed the network traffic for the update process of the mini pro and compared it with a chinese logfile for the mini.

Both download the same file. 

On 08/06/2016 at 8:36 PM, Denniss said:

My problems are with the pro, not the xiaomi.

They are two different companies with two different products, but are sharing the same firmware for both. I analysed the network traffic for the update process of the mini pro and compared it with a chinese logfile for the mini.

Both download the same file. 

They are not from diferent company, look FCC AUTORITY agree 3 item product from NINEBOT

xiaomi mini N3M240

MINI PRO N3M260

MINI PRO N3M320

ITS HERE on official FCC https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2969927

WAR IS BEGINNING  :D

war.PNG

8 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

They are not from diferent company, look FCC AUTORITY agree 3 item product from NINEBOT

xiaomi mini N3M240

MINI PRO N3M260

MINI PRO N3M320

ITS HERE on official FCC https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2969927

FCCID.io-2969927.pdf

WAR IS BEGINNING  :D

war.PNG

The update process looks very primitive to me. When there is no additional checksum for the version inside the firmware, I see a chance to get our 1.17 back. The checksum seems only to be the filesize and it seems they only load the zip to the bot via phone.

Here is the 1.17 download

http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/v1.1.7/Mini_Driver_V1.1.7.zip

1 minute ago, jojo33 said:

and how to send by bluetooth? because i don't have the bluetooth code

did you post on youtube a coment?

Yes, new sarcastic coment to this video.

My Idea is, to setup a own webserver, use a own DNS server and redirect the traffic when the app looks for an update at apptest.ninebot.cn to my own server where it sees the 1.17 as new firmware. The config files on the ninebot server looking easy, i will give it a try at weekend.

3 minutes ago, Denniss said:

My Idea is, to setup a own webserver, use a own DNS server and redirect the traffic when the app looks for an update at apptest.ninebot.cn to my own server where it sees the 1.17 as new firmware. The config files on the ninebot server looking easy, i will give it a try at weekend.

you are realy a KING!

me, i thought more connect only with bluetooth and send the file (only the driver because bms is the same,) but he ask me code when i want connect with bluettoth without the app

15 minutes ago, Denniss said:

question

like with android phone (when change rom manualy) maybe downgrade the firmware can brick the mini too no?

I want to know is someone have already connected mini by bluetooth but without thé application ? 

Because m'y mini ask for bluetooth code I dont know 

Maybe I will transfer v117 file by this direct way 

Thank you 

Direct send with bluetooth will not work. We need the app to flash the firmware.

I'll will work on my idea the next days. Will it work? I don't know.

When the Firmware check, of the app and the mini, for correct version, is as pourly designed as the updatecheck, I see chances. IF this will work, I'll make something that will be easy to use on a Windows or Linux PC

Don't update app and firmware until I know more.

9 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Direct send with bluetooth will not work. We need the app to flash the firmware.

I'll will work on my idea the next days. Will it work? I don't know.

When the Firmware check, of the app and the mini, for correct version, is as pourly designed as the updatecheck, I see chances. IF this will work, I'll make something that will be easy to use on a Windows or Linux PC

Don't update app and firmware until I know more.

I copy paste the 3 files into ninebot folder and lunch update but doesnt work

23 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

I copy paste the 3 files into ninebot folder and lunch update but doesnt work

When I have a few free minutes, i'll write you a message and try to explain what I think. It's a little more complicated than copy files.

8 minutes ago, Denniss said:

When I have a few free minutes, i'll write you a message and try to explain what I think. It's a little more complicated than copy files.

OK Boss ?

Maybe wait if release New firmware because dowgrade can brick mini. ..or not

Look's like we get Ninebot in some trouble with posting under this video. 

We need more people and more posts. Jojo, can you post a review at the amazon.fr site?

Does someone have contact to the chinese forum, mentioned a few posts above?

I know that there are spanish speaking people in some forums who are angry as us. Did someone has a contact?

I'm sure we can make Ninebot a lot of trouble and bring them back on the (b)right way. Tomorrow I'll write some E-Mails to tech related websites in germany. It will be fantastic if someone will write to english (US) magazines.

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here. I'm from Poland and I've had my Ninebot Mini Pro for 3 months covering over 1000 km. I use it to get to work, for weekend city breaks or just to ride for fun. Just like everyone here I wish I hadn't updated to the 1.2.8 firmware. It's no longer enjoyable to ride, tilting me all the way back constantly (my feet hurt and it's also quite dangerous), accelerating on its own when you use the pull-out handle, not letting you go backwards or accelerate too quickly, those constant beeps etc. I've contacted Ninebot Poland about the 1.2.8 firmware problem, they are aware of it but they said we have to wait and see what the Chinese do about it. I think all we can do now is put more pressure on Ninebot branches around the world, youtube, amazon, facebook etc, creating as much bad publicity as possible so that they listen do dissatisfied customers and repair it.  

P.S. I've just commented on this video

I've written a coment to this german site:

http://www.motorradonline.de/vermischtes/ninebot-mini-pro-320-im-test/721138

Maybe someone speaking german can write there to.

7 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

OK Boss ?

Maybe wait if release New firmware because dowgrade can brick mini. ..or not

I don't think that downgrading will brick it. But to be save I'll collect some bitcoins from you :)

22 minutes ago, Denniss said:

Look's like we get Ninebot in some trouble with posting under this video. 

We need more people and more posts. Jojo, can you post a review at the amazon.fr site?

Does someone have contact to the chinese forum, mentioned a few posts above?

I know that there are spanish speaking people in some forums who are angry as us. Did someone has a contact?

I'm sure we can make Ninebot a lot of trouble and bring them back on the (b)right way. Tomorrow I'll write some E-Mails to tech related websites in germany. It will be fantastic if someone will write to english (US) magazines.

Well they just launching the US market under the rebranded name segway mini pro. This firmware fiasco is really bad timing for them and our best chance that they will fix it soon. However especially ninebot still justifies and defends the current firmware decisions. I hope their eyes will open soon. 

On 09/06/2016 at 0:13 AM, tymczasowy933 said:

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here. I'm from Poland and I've had my Ninebot Mini Pro for 3 months covering over 1000 km. I use it to get to work, for weekend city breaks or just to ride for fun. Just like everyone here I wish I hadn't updated to the 1.2.8 firmware. It's no longer enjoyable to ride, tilting me all the way back constantly (my feet hurt and it's also quite dangerous), accelerating on its own when you use the pull-out handle, not letting you go backwards or accelerate too quickly, those constant beeps etc. I've contacted Ninebot Poland about the 1.2.8 firmware problem, they are aware of it but they said we have to wait and see what the Chinese do about it. I think all we can do now is put more pressure on Ninebot branches around the world, youtube, amazon, facebook etc, creating as much bad publicity as possible so that they listen do dissatisfied customers and repair it.  

P.S. I've just commented on this video

Hello Jan!

I saw your coment it's really good !

Didn't get my Mini yet... and already issues on the go... :/

Btw... guys... here I have found some guys in China trying to downgrade the fw... http://bbs.ninebot.cn/thread-10497-2-1.html

In particular https://github.com/coregear/ninebot9_mini-Downgrading

If someone wants to contact Coregear for info, please keep up to date this thread with eventual results.

Archived