19 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Thank you Calvin, you are our mini firmware 1.3.1 tester , but i need wait you ride over 50km for know if you have unlocking speed , like me before on my mini, (reward speed limit up to 18km/h after 50km mileage) Many points are interesting in this new version : good for 

1. Allow to turn off backward-driving alert by App (require 3.6.0 or higher version of App).

half good for our mini runaway issue

8. While riding the unit above 3.1mph (5km/h) and then there is no rider detectiong signal (usually because the rider's weight is too light or rider just jump off), the unit will not go into assistant mode immediately. Instead the unit will alert and lean back gradually untill the speed is lower than 1.25mph (2km/h) or rider detectiong signal trigger again.
Edited 2 hours ago by calvin

yes i've done 400++ km on my mini hence teh speed limit must have been unlocked. on 1.3.1, i can't recall exactly what the speed limit was when it's 100% charged; but now it's 18.0 with 60% battery.

the reverse-movement-alert is gone after the upgrade. i haven't seen in the app whether it's possible to turn on (who would do that??)

and i don't really know how to test the "sudden jump off" tweak. i certainly don't want to jump off a scooter when it's moving :)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, stefanoda said:

Can you describe the riding experience? ie. on 1.2.8 the mini felt very 'flat and parallel' to the ground while accelerating, giving a non intuitive feeling when controlling the ride by shifting the weight of the body.. is the new firmware better in this respect? how about maximum speed?

it's certainly better than 1.2.8 simply because the improved torque, in the sense that the scooter is more "powerful" in following the body mass movement. but i can't compare it to 1.1.7 because i haven't been riding for some time. the unit was sent to service for a few weeks for a flat tyre.

speed limit is at least 18.0 with 60% battery. 

since a recent upgrade of the phone app, the maximum speed display is gone for the current trip. so i can't tell the maximum speed now.

Hey peeps,rolling around on the Mini Pro ,upgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.3.1 and have to say,it's an improvement ! NO more beeping while driving backwards,much less beeping when speeding and feels like it has more power,more torque.Have done about 60km on it,full speed unlocked and get around 18-18,5km/h. Speedpunishement has occured a couple of times but resets quickly. Like Calvin,haven't had the 1.1.7 firmware to compare but if you have 1.2.8.......upgrade !

On 2016-07-03 at 1:07 AM, ATH said:

Hi!

I am on firmware version 1.1.9

Do you guys know if the 1.1.9 is also affected by the speed limit, tilt and beeping issues (similar to 1.2.8), ie is it worthwile to downgrade to 1.1.7?

I have downgraded from 1.1.9 to 1.1.7 but I can't say that I notice any difference. I was hoping to get rid of the beeping sound when reaching the speed limit, but it still beeps :-(

Had to use Alexanders server since I could not set up posadis on my mac. His server is a great solution for those of us who are on Macs (OSX). Just to be sure, I downloaded Alexanders zip package, extracted it and compared the MD5-hash values file by file with the package content from the Ninebot server. It matched 100%.

Hi to all

Lately even if I'm with firmware 1.1.7, the mini Pro start to beep at 15,3km/h it rise the foot place backwards and if I insist it rise pedal even more .... cannot arise the 18km/h<_<

Going uphill too, it starts very quickly to beep and rise pedal so to go up I must not force it and wait it take me up very very slowly. ... :unsure:

This happens both with full charge and either on Flat roads.... 

:rolleyes:

16 hours ago, zugu said:

Hi to all

Lately even if I'm with firmware 1.1.7, the mini Pro start to beep at 15,3km/h it rise the foot place backwards and if I insist it rise pedal even more .... cannot arise the 18km/h<_<

Going uphill too, it starts very quickly to beep and rise pedal so to go up I must not force it and wait it take me up very very slowly. ... :unsure:

This happens both with full charge and either on Flat roads.... 

:rolleyes:

Hello ZUGU

Try to restore factory setting

adapt.PNG

4 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello ZUGU

Try to restore factory setting

Thanks. .. ;)

I'll do, even if I remember very well to have just done a factory reset when I rolled back from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7.... <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I have changed my ninebot app to version 3.5.1 successfully but am stuck on what to do next. I do not have a PC or a Mac & only have my android device to work with.  Would someone please help to explain to me step by step what I need to do next to downgrade to version 1.1.7 using Alexander's method? I can't seem to find the link to his server & am confused as to whether or not I will still need to change the DNS settings or not. ..please somebody help me. BMS version is 2.1.7 whatever that is. 

30 minutes ago, j.allen028 said:

I have changed my ninebot app to version 3.5.1 successfully but am stuck on what to do next. I do not have a PC or a Mac & only have my android device to work with.  Would someone please help to explain to me step by step what I need to do next to downgrade to version 1.1.7 using Alexander's method? I can't seem to find the link to his server & am confused as to whether or not I will still need to change the DNS settings or not. ..please somebody help me. BMS version is 2.1.7 whatever that is. 

Please don't use ninebot app v351 

For downgrade need app version previous to v34xxx

18 minutes ago, Jojo33A said:

Please don't use ninebot app v351 

For downgrade need app version previous to v34xxx

This seems contrary to what Denniss & Alexander has said.  They said it had to be any version less than the 3.6

57 minutes ago, j.allen028 said:

This seems contrary to what Denniss & Alexander has said.  They said it had to be any version less than the 3.6

Correct ;)

I was able to downgrade to 1.1.7 by app version 3.5.1 ;)

On 6/10/2016 at 6:27 AM, Alexander Bykov said:

Thanks Denniss! 
1. Seems like you need to have an android phone to perform downgrade (I failed to do it from iphone) 
2. I put all this staff at my own DNS server (portaller.com). So now downgrade can be performed easily - just change network settings to use 107.170.15.247 as DNS server, then check that http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json returns "CtrlVersionCode" "0130".
3. Run Ninebot app on android and connect it to Ninebot. It must find new firmware.
4. Firmware will be downgraded to 1.1.7, so every time when you are running app it will telling you that new firmware (1.3.0) is available. 

Can you please help me Alexander?  I need to use your method to downgrade but am confused if I need to change my DNS or not. I have version 3.5.1 app now but don't know what to do next. My control version is also showing different in the included screenshot.  Thanks for any help you can be.  

Screenshot_2016-08-21-23-41-52.png

4 hours ago, j.allen028 said:

Can you please help me Alexander?  I need to use your method to downgrade but am confused if I need to change my DNS or not. I have version 3.5.1 app now but don't know what to do next. My control version is also showing different in the included screenshot.  Thanks for any help you can be.  

Screenshot_2016-08-21-23-41-52.png

Well... seems like you have firmware version 1.3.1....

Please check by the app 1st what firmware version you have on the mini ;)

If you have v.  1.3.1, you simply can't downgrade because the 1.1.7 on Alex server is renamed and recognised as 1.3.0, so even though you change dns and follow all the steps, the main app never notify you the Alex renamed firmware due you have a newer version installed. .. 

6 hours ago, zugu said:

Well... seems like you have firmware version 1.3.1....

Please check by the app 1st what firmware version you have on the mini ;)

If you have v.  1.3.1, you simply can't downgrade because the 1.1.7 on Alex server is renamed and recognised as 1.3.0, so even though you change dns and follow all the steps, the main app never notify you the Alex renamed firmware due you have a newer version installed. .. 

It's says I have v1.2.8

I think that many users - including me - find any difference between 1.3.1.and 1.1.7 are subtle.  I have gone from 1.1.7 to 1.3.1 and have zero regrets.  I'd advise people to not bother with downgrading now - simply not worth the effort - but YMMV...

17 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

I think that many users - including me - find any difference between 1.3.1.and 1.1.7 are subtle.  I have gone from 1.1.7 to 1.3.1 and have zero regrets.  I'd advise people to not bother with downgrading now - simply not worth the effort - but YMMV...

Thanks!  I went ahead & upgraded to 1.3.1 & it is sooo much better than 1.2.8. It no longer beeps constantly & even tho I get punished alot for speeding the most it will limit me to is 9.3mph which isn't too bad. 

On 8/23/2016 at 8:59 AM, j.allen028 said:

Thanks!  I went ahead & upgraded to 1.3.1 & it is sooo much better than 1.2.8. It no longer beeps constantly & even tho I get punished alot for speeding the most it will limit me to is 9.3mph which isn't too bad. 

To me, 1.3.1 pulled back is too aggressive. It becomes more dangerous to the rider compare to the older firmware.

15 hours ago, tengtengvn said:

To me, 1.3.1 pulled back is too aggressive. It becomes more dangerous to the rider compare to the older firmware.

No it's not. I've done about 80 miles on 1.3.1. When it beeps it BARELY leans back. If you continue to push the miniPRO it might lean back more, but why would you purposely do that?

1.3.1 is excellent. And I really have no idea why people continue to run 1.1.7, not just because on a device that is supposed to be keeing me safe - I want the latest patches!!

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

1.3.1 is excellent. And I really have no idea why people continue to run 1.1.7, not just because on a device that is supposed to be keeing me safe - I want the latest patches!!

I really could be agree if I would have the possibility to rollback if something works not like I want and if I prefer the old 1.1.7 ;)

Unlucky,  at now, and until Alex doesn't rename to 4.0.0 the 1.1.7 named at now 1.3.0, I can't risk to update to official 1.3.1 .... 

Ride and drive these segways is also a personal and subjective feeling. .. ;)

It's not correct, IMHO, to think that all settings and programming aimed to pure security will act the same on everyone !!! In my case, as I start to climb a uphill or a garage ramp, it starts beeping almost immediately,  leaning me and the mini feet stand dangerously back :unsure: so I must almost stop and let him to carry me on the ramp slowly slowly and sometimes it beeps again. ..<_<

I know it does this due it means the battery power I require for this task isn't enough to afford the task itself. ..but in this case a too much use of the lean back function let me unpleasant the ride and give me an unsecured sensation. ...:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, WilliamG said:

No it's not. I've done about 80 miles on 1.3.1. When it beeps it BARELY leans back. If you continue to push the miniPRO it might lean back more, but why would you purposely do that?

I've had 2, one rolled back to 1.1.7 and one running 1.3.1. After riding both side by side, and took each one to commute to work. I ended up return the one with 1.3.1 firmware. I have to cross 2 overpasses on my way to work. I prefer the one with 1.1.7 firmware when going up ramp.

If you're happy with 1.3.1 then that's good for you. Some of us just prefer 1.1.7.

Archived