7 minutes ago, Alex Markin said:

i did not hear any story about mini bricked via DOWNGRADE FROM 1.2.8...

two of my mini pro was downgraded successfully

my friend's mini was downgraded also

I  think if you use older APK (ling is in this thread) you should be fine

maybe i missundertsanding, im sorry i will erase first post, it's done my apologyze all ;)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Matthew S. Schwartz said:

Ok just want to confirm that the 3.5.1 app is only available on android? I use iPhone but i have a spare android device I could plug in :)

thanks for all your help and quick responses!! The Segway chat forum doesn't know anything about these new Segway branded mini pros. They're all old school users of the original Segway devices. 

I used spare android phone just to be sure )

But i see that people here got success with iphone to 

5 minutes ago, Matthew S. Schwartz said:

Ok just want to confirm that the 3.5.1 app is only available on android? I use iPhone but i have a spare android device I could plug in :)

thanks for all your help and quick responses!! The Segway chat forum doesn't know anything about these new Segway branded mini pros. They're all old school users of the original Segway devices. 

You know.... Mini are new product, and dificult find information or specialized forum, here it's a good place for find information about mini, you are wellcome

Do not use App 3.6.0 or later version of app. for any firmware changes (both downgrade or update). 

App 3.6.0 will definitely kill your ninebot mini during firmware upload via bluetooth.

Hi!

I am on firmware version 1.1.9

Do you guys know if the 1.1.9 is also affected by the speed limit, tilt and beeping issues (similar to 1.2.8), ie is it worthwile to downgrade to 1.1.7?

hi Jojo33,

I tried downgrading to 1.1.7 with ios app version 3.6.1 and failed with "network request exception" error when launching the app. Do you know whether this is caused by the 3.6.1 app itself? if that's the case i might have to buy an android device just for this :(

thanks.

Regards

Calvin

5 hours ago, calvin said:

hi Jojo33,

I tried downgrading to 1.1.7 with ios app version 3.6.1 and failed with "network request exception" error when launching the app. Do you know whether this is caused by the 3.6.1 app itself? if that's the case i might have to buy an android device just for this :(

thanks.

Regards

Calvin

Hello

Only use a friend's android device for downgrade with an app version <3.6, when it is done, you can use your iphone, just have to click on "cancel" each time message say you to update.

Please read previous post , all contains answer to your question

cordialy

7 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello

Only use a friend's android device for downgrade with an app version <3.6, when it is done, you can use your iphone, just have to click on "cancel" each time message say you to update.

Please read previous post , all contains answer to your question

cordialy

thank you!!

2 hours ago, calvin said:

thank you!!

14 hours ago, calvin said:

hi Jojo33,

thanks.

Regards

Calvin

Calvin, also make sure BOTH DNS on your phone point to the ones specified in the downgrade instructions.. if that's the case then try a different apk version.. (3.5.1).. That kind of error when lauching the app seems like it can't find the xiaomi server (which should be masked by using the custom DNS provided by Alex..)

3 hours ago, stefanoda said:

Calvin, also make sure BOTH DNS on your phone point to the ones specified in the downgrade instructions.. if that's the case then try a different apk version.. (3.5.1).. That kind of error when lauching the app seems like it can't find the xiaomi server (which should be masked by using the custom DNS provided by Alex..)

Guys, there is a new firmware version 1.3.1! Has anyone got any feedback yet?

Version:V1.3.1
Update Date:20160704
Details:
1. Allow to turn off backward-driving alert by App (require 3.6.0 or higher version of App).
2. Solve the problem that the unit may accelerated by itself at assistant mode.
3. Speed punishment will be implemented only at serious over-speed or over-power riding.
4. Speed punishment will be not less than 9.3mph (15km/h).
5. Optimize the alert and lean back algorithm for over-power riding.
6. Solve the problem that when turning too fast there will be a fake alert.
7. Optimize the threshold value for over-speed riding.
8. While riding the unit above 3.1mph (5km/h) and then there is no rider detectiong signal (usually because the rider's weight is too light or rider just jump off), the unit will not go into assistant mode immediately. Instead the unit will alert and lean back gradually untill the speed is lower than 1.25mph (2km/h) or rider detectiong signal trigger again.

1 hour ago, stefanoda said:

I still don't like the 'speed punishment' thing... I don't want to be punished for going to maximum allowed speed.. wtf...

ok as i was on the shitty 1.2.8 and don't have any android device with me, i decided to give 1.3.1 a shot. the upgrade took less than 1 minute which is significantly faster than before.

the moment i stepped on the ninebot i could tell the torque is back - the powerless feeling on 1.2.8, particularly when climbing a slope, is gone. i also got far less alarms as before.

for now i am happy. maybe not as happy as 1.1.7 but good enough.

20 minutes ago, calvin said:

ok as i was on the shitty 1.2.8 and don't have any android device with me, i decided to give 1.3.1 a shot. the upgrade took less than 1 minute which is significantly faster than before.

the moment i stepped on the ninebot i could tell the torque is back - the powerless feeling on 1.2.8, particularly when climbing a slope, is gone. i also got far less alarms as before.

Thank you Calvin, you are our mini firmware 1.3.1 tester , but i need wait you ride over 50km for know if you have unlocking speed , like me before on my mini, (reward speed limit up to 18km/h after 50km mileage) Many points are interesting in this new version : good for 

1. Allow to turn off backward-driving alert by App (require 3.6.0 or higher version of App).

half good for our mini runaway issue

8. While riding the unit above 3.1mph (5km/h) and then there is no rider detectiong signal (usually because the rider's weight is too light or rider just jump off), the unit will not go into assistant mode immediately. Instead the unit will alert and lean back gradually untill the speed is lower than 1.25mph (2km/h) or rider detectiong signal trigger again.
Edited 2 hours ago by calvin

22 minutes ago, calvin said:

Can you describe the riding experience? ie. on 1.2.8 the mini felt very 'flat and parallel' to the ground while accelerating, giving a non intuitive feeling when controlling the ride by shifting the weight of the body.. is the new firmware better in this respect? how about maximum speed?

I tried the new firmware on a 15km trip on my mini pro. Speed limit was from the start at 18,5 km/h, changed to 18 after a while and didn't went up.

The amount of warnings is less with this version. But if you drive on the limit, you will still have a lot beeping and pushbacks. Acceleration and climbing seems to be a little bit improved in this version. 

I haven't tried the old firmware 1.1.7, so i can't compare with this.

28 minutes ago, Hendrik Beyer said:

I tried the new firmware on a 15km trip on my mini pro. Speed limit was from the start at 18,5 km/h, changed to 18 after a while and didn't went up.

The amount of warnings is less with this version. But if you drive on the limit, you will still have a lot beeping and pushbacks. Acceleration and climbing seems to be a little bit improved in this version. 

I haven't tried the old firmware 1.1.7, so i can't compare with this.

@Hendrik Beyer thank you very much for your riding experience with V1.3.1, what was your previous firmware version?

oh sorry! 1.2.8 was horrible... Did you confirm this version 1.3.1 is really better than 1.2.8? Really, with 1.2.8 your speed limit was 17km/h and now is it true 18km/h? ;) it's a good news that !

and about backward riding, you can really turn off ? 

"1. Allow to turn off backward-driving alert by App (require 3.6.0 or higher version of App)."

Beeping when driving backward can be switched off definitely. It works out of the box and its off by default. 

My speed limit before the update was also 18, cause i drive a mini pro. After the update the limit was 18,5 and after some kilometers it went down to 18 km/h. Maybe mild punishment for overspeed oder decreased battery. With the old firmware i also got 18,5 some times, but not right from the power on. I had to ride some distance to get 0,5 plus.

If you come from 1.2.8 I can recommend this firmware. Cant tell it, if you are on downgraded version. Maybe somebody has the chance to compare wirth 1.1.7.

"Speed punishment" - how long does this punishment last?  Does it reset if you turn off the MiniPro and turn it back on?  Or is it a life sentence?!

I've been riding with the downgrade from day one - about 55km total - but I'd like to be up to date for current features and overall safety - I think later I may do the upgrade of both the app and the firmware and see what happens.  Trouble is we have several days of rain forecast...

Dear friends, do you know whether it is possible to downgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.1.7?

What if we rename 1.1.7 to 1.3.2 or higher?

Will it work if now the Normal version is 1.3.1 while Test version is the same 1.3.1? How the app 3.5.1 or lower with firmware 1.3.1 recognise that for example the new version 1.3.2 is available for update?

{"NormalVersion":
    {
        "CtrlVersionCode":["0131","50212"],
        "BleVersionCode":["0104","25164"],
        "BmsVersionCode":["0113","13359"]
    },
"TestVersion":
    {
        "CtrlVersionCode":["0131","50212"],
        "BleVersionCode":["0104","25164"],
        "BmsVersionCode":["0113","13359"]
    }

I think, in order to Test the 1.3.1 firmware and be able anyway to rollback to 1.1.7 we need at 1st to stay on app 3.5.1 and then, 1.1.7 firmware on Alexander webserver must be renamed to 1.3.2 or higher ;) ( IMHO,  better to rename to 4.0.0 so we can test all the further firmwares without the need to make him to rename it every time ;) )

Archived