23 hours ago, Oli said:

<...snip...>

P.s. I heard ninebot did a similar update on the ninebot elite, the 3500eur bigger brother. Is that true?

Yes, that's true.

It just wasn't such an outcry because there are a lot less E+ users than MiniPro users.

If I would have bought such a device for 3600 €, just to find out that it is crippled now, that would have been definitely a case for my lawyer.

But I assume, just the local dealer would have to take it back and return the money.

BTW, above question:

" Thank you :( any tips for have more speed? "

MiniPro max speed is 18,5 km/h (display on the app, I didn't check if that's really 18,5km/h), regardless which firmware you are using and how many miles you were driving.

I don't know any way to increase it (when I wrote to Ninebot to complain about 1.2.8, I also asked if it's possible to extend it to 20 or better 25km/h, but they only responded to the 1.2.8 complaint, and said nothing about my max speed question).

At the end I have to confess, if any company will bring out a comparable MiniPro product (with knee steering, and riding habits comparable to v1.1.7), but with a max speed of 25km/h, I will buy it, and sell my MiniPro.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Yes, that's true.

It just wasn't such an outcry because there are a lot less E+ users than MiniPro users.

If I would have bought such a device for 3600 €, just to find out that it is crippled now, that would have been definitely a case for my lawyer.

But I assume, just the local dealer would have to take it back and return the money.

Buy me an E+ and I'll downgrade it ;-)

6 hours ago, Denniss said:

Buy me an E+ and I'll downgrade it ;-)

Are you serious? ??? :o

I really don't know what to do with a huge and heavy scooter rather than resell it instantly :P

Even if E+ is almost half the weight of the i2, it's anyway 24kg. ..:unsure:

• Cannot carry and rise up 
  • Cannot take it in a bus for commuting routes. ..
  • Difficult to pass the doors of some domestic elevators. ..

W Ninebot Mini:wub: that finally has solved ALL the Segway inners limits ;) and overall even better unicyclesB) I Love my Solowheel Xtreme:wub:

14 hours ago, zugu said:

Are you serious? ??? :o

I really don't know what to do with a huge and heavy scooter rather than resell it instantly :P

Even if E+ is almost half the weight of the i2, it's anyway 24kg. ..:unsure:

• Cannot carry and rise up 
  • Cannot take it in a bus for commuting routes. ..
  • Difficult to pass the doors of some domestic elevators. ..

W Ninebot Mini:wub: that finally has solved ALL the Segway inners limits ;) and overall even better unicyclesB) I Love my Solowheel Xtreme:wub:

I have to disagree on that one. Elite is the product that placed the Ninebot company on the map in the first place. In fact so good that they did beat the Segway on their own water.

It's cannot be bad just because it doesn't suit you. I'd not pick elite myself because of the battery/range, but to each his own.

42 minutes ago, Vik's said:

I have to disagree on that one. Elite is the product that placed the Ninebot company on the map in the first place. In fact so good that they did beat the Segway on their own water.

It's cannot be bad just because it doesn't suit you. I'd not pick elite myself because of the battery/range, but to each his own.

Man, sure you misunderstood my concerns. ..I'm not against E+ it was either a great step from original i2 just for gaining half it's weight ;)

I loved original Segway project even though I always noticed it's inside limits in some important tasks and cases of alternative mobility. ...

When later born Solowheel thanks to Chen almost all those limits where avoided by a device small, light that you can take with you almost everywhere ;) The drawback here is the learning curve that is not for all in general. ...

Now, Where Ninebot mini wins, is that it can make a marriage between the 2 worlds giving us all the vantage in portability of the EUCs but with the immediate easy use and micro control of the Segway style world ;)

That's my 2 cents point ;)

11 hours ago, zugu said:

Now, Where Ninebot mini wins, is that it can make a marriage between the 2 worlds giving us all the vantage in portability of the EUCs but with the immediate easy use and micro control of the Segway style world

Completely agreed.

Hi to all, 

First thing is thanks to all for this great downgrade! 

Dennis you have touch right!  We should have the possibility to test any new firmware publish by Ninebot and have the possibility to go back if we're not feeling good with this update! 

Just imagine you buy a car and just because some drivers had crash there car your seller decide to put a speed limit on your's the day you go for the revision without telling you !

Just not possible! 

But Ninebot as done this, they even don't listen to our messages and they thought we'll stay like this with no answer,  and they was wrong ! 

We are a sharing community and we do this worldwild.

So just keep sharing to show to all of those company that knowledge is made to be share, and not to be locked. 

I'm so happy to ride again my Ninebot mini with the old firmware. 

IMG_20160615_224720_1466024019797.jpg

I again to All

We all must admit to be happy again into use our mini as we were in past, before 1.28 thanks to Dennis and Alex ;)

Anyway. .. consider always to don't shout this too much loud, cause Ninebot in future could reinforce the weak update and insert checks everywhere and this could become a war.. where us from the right part will transform in hackers. ..:unsure:

(Sony PS3 hacking docet. ...:angry:)

7 minutes ago, zugu said:

I again to All

We all must admit to be happy again into use our mini as we were in past, before 1.28 thanks to Dennis and Alex ;)

Anyway. .. consider always to don't shout this too much loud, cause Ninebot in future could reinforce the weak update and insert checks everywhere and this could become a war.. where us from the right part will transform in hackers. ..:unsure:

(Sony PS3 hacking docet. ...:angry:)

I'm very sure they will change the update process in near future. I'll never ever again install a new firmware. I've blocked the internet access for the ninebot app. But in my opinion we have to shoud loud about this, to bring back Nineboot to a customer orientated company.

well, the community has cracked the roms (firmware) of smartphones and now we all enjoy custom made roms.. how hard can it be to crack the firmware on the mini? Granted it's not as widespread as the smartphones are, but sooner or later smart wiz kids will buy one of these and start poking around at the firmware.. I think it's only a matter of time before we'll have cooks that dish out custom firmware like they do on the smartphone scene..

1 hour ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

This is why I suggest to DEACTIVATE the autoupdate of your Ninebot app... and never again update the firmware. :)
By my experience... your fear will happen most probably... Ninebot will start to hard the update process by implementing proper CRC, Signed firmwares, etc...

Done in my Note3 ;)

Made the apk app backup ;)

No need in T705 Tab S 8.4 due it's seen as Tablet only by Google Play and it wrote that the app is not compliant with my device. .. :D so need to manually install it by the apk file ;)

2 hours ago, Denniss said:

I'm very sure they will change the update process in near future. I'll never ever again install a new firmware. I've blocked the internet access for the ninebot app. But in my opinion we have to shoud loud about this, to bring back Nineboot to a customer orientated company.

2 hours ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

This is why I suggest to DEACTIVATE the autoupdate of your Ninebot app... and never again update the firmware. :)
By my experience... your fear will happen most probably... Ninebot will start to hard the update process by implementing proper CRC, Signed firmwares, etc...

And when this happen so will JTAG programmer be a good tool for the mini's as well. Working good on Ninebot One....

It's just so sad that Ninebot refuses to listen to its customers. All the effort during past few weeks show how wrong they are with their recent decisions. v1.1.7 feels sooooooo much safer when compared to v1.2.8 that I'm wondering what they're smoking.

2 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Hello all

I have eard somebody have made his own app ninebot for his I watch. And cont rôle his euc.. alternative app but where I read that i dont remember 

9bMetrics by @Paco Gorina?

I've seen a DarknessBot app on an alternative non-English forum but it's still in beta.

Both of them are iOS only though...

7 minutes ago, affe said:

It's just so sad that Ninebot refuses to listen to its customers. All the effort during past few weeks show how wrong they are with their recent decisions. v1.1.7 feels sooooooo much safer when compared to v1.2.8 that I'm wondering what they're smoking.

Oolong... Oh, wait! Thats for drinking... (now, if they smoke that?)

On 14/6/2016 at 9:12 AM, Oli said:

P.s. I heard ninebot did a similar update on the ninebot elite, the 3500eur bigger brother. Is that true?

On 15/6/2016 at 8:32 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

Yes, that's true.

But I assume, just the local dealer would have to take it back and return the money..............

Hi

This is true. ..

Just now I had a call from a desperate and crying friend of mine that pry me to help him into find a way to unlock or downgrade Elite+:(

Can be possible to find him a solution? ??

Thanks

On 5/30/2016 at 5:26 PM, stefanoda said:

Hi all, I also updated my mini to the latest version and I really wish I didn't.. not only the speed limit and the costant beeping (even while riding over small bumps or on and off sidewalks) are an issue, but now the riding has become very stiff and unnatural.. What changed for the worst is the fact that now the mini runs almost flat (parallel) to the ground, even when leaning forward to accelerate. This puts a lot of strains on my ankles and makes the riding experience difficult and frustrating, as apparently it feels like my body is not controlling the mini anymore. I want the option to downgrade to my previous firmware, 1.1.7 which was working just fine.. I already emailed support at service@ninebot.com and the developer of the app, biao.zhang@ninebot.com.. Guys, let's flood them with emails until they correct this or offer the option to reverting to the previous working firmware.. after all, 'based on user's feedback', they already updated it, even if for the worse.. let's force them into changing it back!!!

Yes lets do that... the tilt back function is dangerous and irritating.. my max speed is only 10 kmph...!!!  What a pain in my arse...  Lets force them to let us revert back.

On 6/17/2016 at 5:27 AM, SaintToll said:

Hi to all, 

First thing is thanks to all for this great downgrade! 

Dennis you have touch right!  We should have the possibility to test any new firmware publish by Ninebot and have the possibility to go back if we're not feeling good with this update! 

Just imagine you buy a car and just because some drivers had crash there car your seller decide to put a speed limit on your's the day you go for the revision without telling you !

Just not possible! 

But Ninebot as done this, they even don't listen to our messages and they thought we'll stay like this with no answer,  and they was wrong ! 

We are a sharing community and we do this worldwild.

So just keep sharing to show to all of those company that knowledge is made to be share, and not to be locked. 

I'm so happy to ride again my Ninebot mini with the old firmware. 

IMG_20160615_224720_1466024019797.jpg

Can you help me to downgrade my app version to the 1.1.7?  I am not a technical person and I'm sort of lost as to how to do that. I hate my ninebot speed limiter and tilt back function. Its extremely dangerous to have it when you need speed and stability to get over a rough terrain or to cross the road.. please help.. thanks...

Hello wlttony2003.

I'm not so much technical too !

So you can follow this tutorial and if something is not working or not understand just let me know. 
This is how Alexander Bykov has do his downgrade inspired by Denniss method. 

1. just change DNS in wifi network settings on your phone to use 107.170.15.247 as DNS server, 
2. Run Ninebot app on android and connect it to Ninebot. It must find new firmware.
3. Firmware will be downgraded to 1.1.7, so every time when you'll be lunching app it will telling you that new firmware (1.3.0) is available. But DON'T DO ANY UPDATE! 

Just try this and let me know if it's not good or if you get success! 

Under item (1) in Saint Toll's reply I'd add that you need to change DNS settings for primary and secondary DNS to the values he gives, and you need to reboot your phone after doing that (else you probably won't get a connection to the internet). 

During the downgrade, ignore the message that you'll see which implies it's doing an upgrade - when it finishes, check what the app says the version now is and you'll see it is 1.1.7 - which is what I"ve just got, THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED!!

Short question, doesn't it make more sense to rename the 1.1.7 firmware to (for my case, since I have 1.2.2 installed) to 1.2.3 for downgrading?

If in future, an official 1.3.0 will come out, and just in case, it us useful, I can still upgrade to the official 1.3.0.

I think, if I have 1.1.7 installed as 1.3.0 it might not accept the official 1.3.0 version.

What do you think?

48 minutes ago, superj said:

Short question, doesn't it make more sense to rename the 1.1.7 firmware to (for my case, since I have 1.2.2 installed) to 1.2.3 for downgrading?

If in future, an official 1.3.0 will come out, and just in case, it us useful, I can still upgrade to the official 1.3.0.

I think, if I have 1.1.7 installed as 1.3.0 it might not accept the official 1.3.0 version.

What do you think?

The Firmware is renamed ONLY on the alternative webserver where the DNSs point in order to make the downgrade due having for example the 1.28 installed the app must be tricked to see a new update as 1.30 but really it's the 1.17 ;)

Once you have made the downgrade checking by the app you'll see that effectively you have the 1.17 installed ;) asking you again to update to 1.30 ( don't do this time anymore ;) )

As soon as you will set back the 2 DNS settings to original state connection, the app will start to porpoise you the Real 1.28 ( obviously refuse always ;) ) due will found the 1.17 on your machine...

So... the hypothetical problem in official further updates really don't exist !! ;)

Hi to all

Just received the Notify by the app and either Google Playstore that a new app version 3.6 is available and ask for update.

I look at 3.6 changelog for infos and seems to covers ranking and social points,  anyway my fear and concerns are still here....

Is it safe to update to 3.6 ???:(

Archived