Hello Newbies, wellcome, here we can try help you with or without success, everything depends on certain factors. Please understand we are forum members, Mini xiaomi & Mini pro users, but we are not AFTER SALE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Please when you will post about need help for the issue you meet, explain clearly all this point

- type of mini (xiaomi or pro)

- activate before or after 1rst april 2016

- firmware version & app version before and during proccess failing

- verify authenticity of your mini (look battery, tire, good connection with bluetooth were all data are transmitted to "about battery"

And when your issue is resolved, please teach us about the problem , if it's from a wrong manip from you or other, because it will help us to help another users (post pictures or video can help us to understand how to help you)

Thank you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

08/12/2016

It is not possible to downgrade from version V1.3.1 to v1.1.7 

Users have bricked their Mini (Production Date June 2016) in trying to downgrade from V1.2.8 to V1.1.7 with a version of BMS V2.1.7 and app version V3.5.0 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

12/07/2016

PLEASE READ "ATH" MEMBER POST FOR LAST DETAILS AND LAST TUTORIAL FOR DOWNGRADE (Please use app previous version:  v3.5.1)

I sudjest you do not use the version of the NINEBOT app released last June 24, V3.6 , V3.6.1 don't work too, for firmware downgrading, you can download apk V3.5.1 inside this forum  

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

FROM DENNISS

I have written a new thread for the downgrade.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

From jojo33:

If your downgrading is a success, (at the moment we dont have any fail) i invite you, if you want, to:

- thanks Denniss & Alexander for their help here: 

and join us with a short presentation (where you from wich Mini you have (xiaomi or pro) here

Thank you very much everybody !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think you must don't update the firmware v1.2.8

because

Bad version THIS v1.2.8

Limited speed up to 17km/h no more

Since 16km/k audible alarm shout

much warning message after 16km/h

Here screen shot show max speed during all the ride is 17km/h

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/05/2016 at 0:21 PM, protrix said:

very bad update, my speed limits it's about 14.5 km, now my ride is very unsmooth, i feel like my first triing day. I really don't like.

Its really ashamed from Ninebot

You know sooner they sell a New modèle mini pro N3M260 this is exactly similar to xiaomi mini specs execpt steering bar from pro design 

Its ilegal downgrade a product,  no? Imagine you buy a 4G phone and an up date firmware convert it in 3G. ...

How can we do? Restore factory setting?  There is a risk with région lock in owner identification? I bought mine before april i dont have this problem but im afraid get it if i restore because activation date will change. ...

Anyone have an idea?

Thank you and sorry for langage level 

I just do a restore factory setting but it did not change the firmware version

eso lo se, i know that but with a fully battery too, 

4 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

It clearly states that the speed limit is based on weight and battery remaining.

In your image you have 27% battery left.  It's obviously going to go slower when the battery is low.

have you a mini too?

and here old screenshot with 20km/h

Screenshot_2016-03-26-18-15-49.jpg

and here german users have the same problem https://miui-germany.de/index.php?thread/9396-xiaomi-ninebot-mini-segway/&pageNo=16#post100096

58 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

It clearly states that the speed limit is based on weight and battery remaining.

In your image you have 27% battery left.  It's obviously going to go slower when the battery is low.

In the first apk screenshot (hold apk version too) is holder firmware version with a max speed up to 20km/h

In the second ap screenshot (new apk version too) You can see the max speed during the ride was 17km/h of the New firmware version

compaviteng.jpg

The specs on Xiaomi official page states that max speed is 16 kmh so it is correct. Seems they have decreased maximum speed based on user's feedback. Possibly that reaching 20kmh is not safe enough because of lower power of motors/battery.I don't think we can blame Ninebot/Xiaomi for that.

On 28/05/2016 at 7:46 PM, Vik's said:

The specs on Xiaomi official page states that max speed is 16 kmh so it is correct. Seems they have decreased maximum speed based on user's feedback. Possibly that reaching 20kmh is not safe enough because of lower power of motors/battery.I don't think we can blame Ninebot/Xiaomi for that.

When you ride over 50km you have unlock speed to 18km/h with the xiaomi mini, xiaomi mini owners have all this (with minimum 50km ), maybe it's for not shortcut.

but like a new model appear... N3M260...with all similar specs with xiaomi mini...

look in picture because im not really good to explain in english, im sorry

xiaomi mini is N3M240 - MINI PRO FIRST PRICE is N3M260 (999 euros), Mini Pro high price is N3M320 (1199 euros)

Question: how to sell the MINI PRO 260 like xiaomi mini have the same speed? It s not with steering bar from pro, it's with downgrade xiaomi mini speed limit ;)

last pic is "how to make a N3M260?" ;)

I'm just a French farmer who knows nothing at marketing, but I think Americans can understand this situation,

n3m.jpg

xiaomi price is 1999 yuan/275 euros

mini pro 260 will 999 euros

mini pro 320 will 1199 euros...

Main differences between Xiaomi mini and Ninebot mini Pro is motor and battery:

Mi mini: 2x350W motors and 260Wh battery vs. Ninebot mini Pro: 2x400W and 310Wh battery. And then there are cosmetic and practical differences like ajustable steering bar and wheel covers on top of that.

I do agree that price gap is a bit overkill but I do understand that chinese version is being priced so because of local wages... And EU/US version is priced higher because of buying power.

24 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Main differences between Xiaomi mini and Ninebot mini Pro is motor and battery:

Mi mini: 2x350W motors and 260Wh battery vs. Ninebot mini Pro: 2x400W and 310Wh battery. And then there are cosmetic and practical differences like ajustable steering bar and wheel covers on top of that.

I do agree that price gap is a bit overkill but I do understand that chinese version is being priced so because of local wages... And EU/US version is priced higher because of buying power.

but you have seen there's no difference between xiaomi and mini 260 pro? are 350x2 too battery is 260wh too http://www.ninebot.trade/index.php/ninebot_mini_pro_de_de.html

but im agree with you, they announce xiaomi with 16km/h , it's more safety have crash at 16km/h than at 18-20 km/h ;)

Don't update the lastest version !!!

I don't want to drive ninebot anymore. It's really bad update. Beeping is very very annoying. And there is force that puling you back all the time.

I send an email to everywhere.

Do you have information that ninebot release new update and fix the problem or will we ride like this :(

They also, for some reason, will not allow a mouse to be used in app, I got bad screen and need a mouse for some things, can not adjust balance because it...I can use mouse for every app but this one... Update I finally can get mouse to work, but when connecting mouse with Bluetooth, the app, like resets/restarts kind of weird...

Hi all, I also updated my mini to the latest version and I really wish I didn't.. not only the speed limit and the costant beeping (even while riding over small bumps or on and off sidewalks) are an issue, but now the riding has become very stiff and unnatural.. What changed for the worst is the fact that now the mini runs almost flat (parallel) to the ground, even when leaning forward to accelerate. This puts a lot of strains on my ankles and makes the riding experience difficult and frustrating, as apparently it feels like my body is not controlling the mini anymore. I want the option to downgrade to my previous firmware, 1.1.7 which was working just fine.. I already emailed support at service@ninebot.com and the developer of the app, biao.zhang@ninebot.com.. Guys, let's flood them with emails until they correct this or offer the option to reverting to the previous working firmware.. after all, 'based on user's feedback', they already updated it, even if for the worse.. let's force them into changing it back!!!

On 29/5/2016 at 9:48 AM, baracuda50 said:

Don't update the lastest version !!!

I don't want to drive ninebot anymore. It's really bad update. Beeping is very very annoying. And there is force that puling you back all the time.

I send an email to everywhere.

Do you have information that ninebot release new update and fix the problem or will we ride like this :(

2 hours ago, stefanoda said:

Hi all, I also updated my mini to the latest version and I really wish I didn't.. not only the speed limit and the costant beeping (even while riding over small bumps or on and off sidewalks) are an issue, but now the riding has become very stiff and unnatural.. What changed for the worst is the fact that now the mini runs almost flat (parallel) to the ground, even when leaning forward to accelerate. This puts a lot of strains on my ankles and makes the riding experience difficult and frustrating, as apparently it feels like my body is not controlling the mini anymore. I want the option to downgrade to my previous firmware, 1.1.7 which was working just fine.. I already emailed support at service@ninebot.com and the developer of the app, biao.zhang@ninebot.com.. Guys, let's flood them with emails until they correct this or offer the option to reverting to the previous working firmware.. after all, 'based on user's feedback', they already updated it, even if for the worse.. let's force them into changing it back!!!

15 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

They also, for some reason, will not allow a mouse to be used in app, I got bad screen and need a mouse for some things, can not adjust balance because it...I can use mouse for every app but this one...

I wrote to Bo Xiao     bo.xiao@ninebot.com

he's manager in charge of mini

source is from official FCC (american Federal Communications Commission) https://fccid.io/2AF2B-NB

i invite you to write him too

boxiao.PNG

im looking someone who is chinese or speak fluent chinese for post message on the chinese forum for xiaomi mini, i visit it and saw much chinese owners are angry with this v1.2.8

they are more 1200 members mini owners

Yep... Latest firmware has turned a really nice product into a piece of junk. It has effectively downgraded my Mini Pro into a normal Xiaomi with additional beeping noises and constantly overriding your control, which is actually very dangerous. 

Also when controlling using the extendable handle, when you move it forwards, it will now stay in forward motion even without you touching it. This means if you lose touch with it, it won't automatically slow down to a stop but continue to run away from you. Another stupid upgrade? 

Xiaomi/Segway, you had better fix this piece of junk firmware or revert back to the previous firmware because I didn't buy this product like this. Bit like buying a luxury car then the manufacturer takes away performance and features. 

• esaj pinned and featured this topic
4 hours ago, EW-SG said:

Yep... Latest firmware has turned a really nice product into a piece of junk. It has effectively downgraded my Mini Pro into a normal Xiaomi with additional beeping noises and constantly overriding your control, which is actually very dangerous. 

Also when controlling using the extendable handle, when you move it forwards, it will now stay in forward motion even without you touching it. This means if you lose touch with it, it won't automatically slow down to a stop but continue to run away from you. Another stupid upgrade? 

Xiaomi/Segway, you had better fix this piece of junk firmware or revert back to the previous firmware because I didn't buy this product like this. Bit like buying a luxury car then the manufacturer takes away performance and features. 

hello EW-SG

You have a xiaomi mini or a mini pro? I dont understand. Ffirmware V1.2.8  affect only xiaomi modele, because mini pro owner said me dont have trouble with the new firmware...

I can tell you as a pro owner, 1.2.8 is a big regression. Constantly peeping (output power problems) and no reverse.

We must do something, I already wrote to all the mentioned emails.

Will call them tomorrow 

13 hours ago, jojo33 said:

hello EW-SG

You have a xiaomi mini or a mini pro? I dont understand. Ffirmware V1.2.8  affect only xiaomi modele, because mini pro owner said me dont have trouble with the new firmware...

I have the Mini PRO and can tell you the new firmware definitely affects this model. It has affected it so badly it actually made me crash today. 

Key issues they screwed up with the Pro version:

1. Reduced top speed from 18km/h to as low as 12km/h! I believe they have programmed some "smarts" in their firmware to read that if you constantly exceed the speed limit (at the time), it'll reduce by 3km/h. So you start with a top speed of 18km/h. If the firmware detects you're abusing the speed, it'll reduce by 3km/h to 15km/r. If you abuse 15km/h, it'll reduce to 12km/h. If you keep forcing the speed it'll lean back so far you'll simply fall off! 

2. Reduced acceleration. If you accelerate "too quickly" it'll make the NB lean back and slow down. This can also be affected by going over small bumps. 

3. Handle steering control behaviour changed. When walking the NB using the extendable steering handle, it used to slow down to a stop if you let go. Now when you walk forward and you let go (accidentally or on purpose) it actually begins to accelerate, not slow down and stop. You could potentially have a runaway NB! How is that for stupid programming? 

So effectively, existing NB owners who have been very used to riding the previous firmware version are now FORCED to slow down with abrupt attitude changes to the NB and constant beeping. Much like having your vehicle control you and not the other way around. Kind of like buying a top model sports car with an advertised top speed of 300km/h but the manufacturer has built in regulatory limits that judge whether you're driving slowly and safely and prevents you from ever reaching its max performance, which is why you paid top dollar in the first place! 

Ninebot... your stupidity with this firmware will cost you with more than just sales. You are now damaging your brand and reputation.

I was calling this number 00862259686633 that I belive to be of ninebot headquarters in china. I get an automatic Chinese reply. Does anyone speak Chinese here? Or even better, has anyone a number of the Chinese headquarters where a person picks up?

Update: success,

I talked to 

Joe Zhou Engineer
Ninebot Inc.
Address:66 Xixiaokou Rd.Haidian Disct. Beijing,China
Telephone:01084828002
Cellphone:008618301302061

And he told me they are aware that many people are unhappy. He talked with the CEO about it and they are awaiting his decision. If he decides to to comply with our requests to change it back or give people the option in the menu that it would take about 14days to bring out a new firmware.

Something is moving, but i'm not sure what the end result will be.. I just got this email from 'Joe' from support@ninebot.com. I keep asking for the option to revert to previous firmware, I don't want a new one that will somehow be limited in some other way..

Dear Stefano

we want to make client Mini  more safety that we upgrade this new firmware.What average speed can you reach now?

If you always make dangerous action that the your unit will decrease the speed auto.but we will publish some optimized firmware that consider customer's feeling 

Sorry about tha all the production have been installed new firmware as yours.any other firmware will let you know.

Best regard

joe

28 minutes ago, Oli said:

I was calling this number 00862259686633 that I belive to be of ninebot headquarters in china. I get an automatic Chinese reply. Does anyone speak Chinese here? Or even better, has anyone a number of the Chinese headquarters where a person picks up?

here there a phone number direct to manager ;)

boxiao.PNG

4 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

here there a phone number direct to manager ;)

boxiao.PNG

That was the number I was calling ;). Read my edit on the post I had success reaching someone and squeezing out some informations.

good, thank god something is moving.. but I sure don't like the way they're reducing the features of the current mini just because they're about to launch a new one.. I think our best option would be to revert to the previous firmware, not get a new one that may be limited in some other ways.. what do you guys think?

3 minutes ago, Oli said:

That was the number I was calling ;). Read my edit on the post I had success reaching someone and squeezing out some informations.

im sorry Oli

Archived