ninebot autotilt stabilizer problem?

aatorre

Hi everyone, 

For start to say that I am new to the unicycle world and my experience sums up to 4 days. I started riding the ninebot and I am loving it, but as the days go by i realized that i was having a problem. Sometimes while cruising the wheel starts tilting the pedals angle fwd or backward making in hard to ride... Sometimes the pedals tilt back so much that the back edge of the pedal touch the ground! When it tilts back i just put back pressure and soon enough it levels, but it's quite annoying. When it tilts the pedals fwd there is nothing to do as at that moment usually don't want to go any faster, so i have to wait till it resets back and it's quite scary. Any of you had this problem? Is this normal? Or is it a problem with my riding... I also checked and the speed limiter is not on and I already reset the sensor and it seems to indicate the right numbers of pitch and angle. Any help please? Many thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if I understood your problem correctly, and don't have a Ninebot myself, but usually the tilt-back won't "reset" until you slow down, if you keep going at higher speed (without acceleration), the pedals won't go back down until you slow down to below the tilt-back speed. The forward tilt probably occurs if you overspeed and the wheel cannot keep up anymore (the motor can't rotate the tire fast enough to keep the pedals in correct position).

Well I just tried again and at lower speeds it doesn't happen. So I guess I am trying to ride too fast. New to this unicycle world, so I don't know how fast is too fast... 

I'll guess I have to work more on balance and skills to get thrilled and less on speed. Although I am only on day 4 and i feel it's a bit slow!!

Of you have the lastest firmware this should be no problem. If you make a turn or drive circles the pedals goes down in the front to have a sporty driving. This can happen if you put the 9b1 to one site that it thinks you drive a curve.

You should calibrate the zero position with a bit tilt back.

Hi Aatorre

We, my son and me, had those kind of problems too. See thread "first impressions with 9B1 by SerpentineGX" and my post of 13 April. But with firmware V1.2.0 it all disappeared and everything is o.k. now. We both enjoy our rides. Therefore it must be either a beginner problem or your settings. Make sure that you are not riding it with the speed limitation (as mentioned above) and that you are not riding your 9B1 in a too soft mode. The riding modes 0 to 4 might be o.k. above 4 is known to be too soft. As a beginner do not pump up the tyre too hard.

Enjoy! Bigi.  

Hi Aatorre

We, my son and me, had those kind of problems too. See thread "first impressions with 9B1 by SerpentineGX" and my post of 13 April. But with firmware V1.2.0 it all disappeared and everything is o.k. now. We both enjoy our rides. Therefore it must be either a beginner problem or your settings. Make sure that you are not riding it with the speed limitation (as mentioned above) and that you are not riding your 9B1 in a too soft mode. The riding modes 0 to 4 might be o.k. above 4 is known to be too soft. As a beginner do not pump up the tyre too hard.

Enjoy! Bigi.  

​I am new to EUC, just got my Ninebot One.  What the "soft" mean? Tryingto make it as easy as possible for me to learn how to ride it.  Thanks

​I am new to EUC, just got my Ninebot One.  What the "soft" mean? Tryingto make it as easy as possible for me to learn how to ride it.  Thanks

​on the soft setting the pedals tilt more (front/back), but therefore it also takes longer to react which can be dangerous ... like hard braking at 9 ...

as Bigi said its better to stay at the harder settings. offroad you can try up to 4 to make it not as agile, in the city harder is better :-)

​on the soft setting the pedals tilt more (front/back), but therefore it also takes longer to react which can be dangerous ... like hard braking at 9 ...

as Bigi said its better to stay at the harder settings. offroad you can try up to 4 to make it not as agile, in the city harder is better :-)

​So softer means the the pedal have more play before the ninebot reacts to it, is that correct?

and on hard they almost don't move at all. response is much better for driving around and between people. for long distance or bumpy offroad tracks you can try it a little bit softer

Archived