Firmware 1.4.0

Vik's

2 hours ago, master255 said:

@Vik's, batteries LG HG2. This is the best cells for today

samsung 30Q is practically the same (from the specs they may seem inferior in max rated current, but tests show they are even better than HG2s in some ways, i.e. Samsung is known for very careful ratings of their cells ... and they are easier/cheaper to get)

edit:

ow, sorry, posting totally off-topic.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All normal. In this thread https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/samsung-30q-vs-lg-hg2-pulsed-discharge-shootout-results.681442/  as result:
The 30Q had a tiny bit better voltage under load while the HG2 had a tiny bit better capacity. 

What means LG HG2 better than 30Q. Better capacity much more needed than high voltage.

I'm not sure, and i need to test it again, but i noticed that when i switch off or on high speed mode then nothing happens! This means that high speed mode not working!

That's what happened to my 3 km.\h..

18 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

I think you have to power cycle after selecting high speed mode. 

I was changing this setting the other day and when i turned high speed mode off I was still able to go 18mph. 

I tested it today! High speed mode not working! And with him, and without him the maximum speed is 25 km.\h. This is a bug!
I remind you, I have a new Ninebot One P wheel with the new motherboard 1.3.2, and the new firmware 1.4.0.

51 minutes ago, cbgti said:

What is the "High Speed Mode"? 

Is it an option only available for 9B1 "P"

i don't know. Maybe. But now it not works on my P.
This mode increases the maximum speed. A simple check mark in the options

I've been riding for a week on a new Ninebot One using the v1.4 firmware. At 64 and again at 100 miles the self balanced ride began to stutter and kick and rideability was reduced to zero. Recalibrating the Ninebot seems to help. The problem goes away and smooth sel balanced riding returns. HoodRiderz suggested it is firmware update (v1.4) related.

Regards,

Bob Eisenman

Massachusetts

Screenshot_2016-06-09-14-19-52.png

8 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

It's not the firmware. It's probably just the app

Or the battery, thinking that the battery is most important part of whole equation. The motion is good, how to protect battery is most important thing.

10 hours ago, grecofelipevix said:

Hi everyone!

I´ve ridden with my ninebot one e+ with new firmware 1.4.0 around 60km (in 3 days :D) of distance and It´s going pretty good! I reached max speed around 23.6 km/h.

I had not any problems so far.

;)

Hello, thanks for info.

I was wondering: how comes that some have problems and some not.  Maybe it depends on riding style (aggressive and pushing to the limits may be problematic for the new firmware) but I see you tried to reach max speed.  Maybe it depends on motherboard?

Is your serial number starting with N1 or with N2?  I suppose it's N2, because it's faster.

We need to create a list of bugs this firmware.
i know this:

1) Not always, when you turn on, there is a balance. Very rarely, after a long delay.

2) Through the application, not all functions are working properly.
3) Lamps turn in the opposite direction. This is an obvious bug.
4) On hardness 0-3 wheel starts to rock back and forth.

Anyone may expand the list bugs. Does anyone know something else?

6 minutes ago, vla said:

Hello, thanks for info.

I was wondering: how comes that some have problems and some not.  Maybe it depends on riding style (aggressive and pushing to the limits may be problematic for the new firmware) but I see you tried to reach max speed.  Maybe it depends on motherboard?

Is your serial number starting with N1 or with N2?  I suppose it's N2, because it's faster.

I think it is both motherboard and motor - related.That's why there are so many different results... And then there are not many users that say what kind of E+ version they have (revision, mb, etc.)

On 8. Juni 2016 at 9:12 AM, master255 said:

All normal. In this thread https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/samsung-30q-vs-lg-hg2-pulsed-discharge-shootout-results.681442/  as result:
The 30Q had a tiny bit better voltage under load while the HG2 had a tiny bit better capacity. 

What means LG HG2 better than 30Q. Better capacity much more needed than high voltage.

i have to disagree...the 30q and the Hg2 play both in the same class...so for this both its no question which to take...

but what brings you a high capacity if this capacity can not be delivered under massive loads, which means high amperage drawings? thats exactly what our bikes need, the possibilty to go a long hill, or fast accelaration, equal to a high amp draw on the batterie....

thats why so many cheap wheels fail...their batteries or "1pack" cells fail because of exact this problem....

but sorry...this is really OT

@KingSong69, You really are talking about the most powerful cells in the world ??? They provide up to 30 (40 undocumented) amps! This is a very large amperage!
And no one says that the 30q cells give greater amperes. According to the results of tests they give a little less amps and a maximum with the same lg hg2.
Therefore, we do not compare amps, and other characteristics. Such as voltage and capacity.

I think the capacity is more important than the voltage.

12 minutes ago, master255 said:

@KingSong69, You really are talking about the most powerful cells in the world ??? They provide up to 30 (40 undocumented) amps! This is a very large amperage!
And no one says that the 30q cells give greater amperes. According to the results of tests they give a little less amps and a maximum with the same lg hg2.
Therefore, we do not compare amps, and other characteristics. Such as voltage and capacity.

I think the capacity is more important than the voltage.

sorry....

i think you misunderstand me...

like i sad...30q and HG2 are both same class....no big difference at all

but for example:

1,5  or 2 years before the maximum mah you could get were 3400mah on a panasonic 18650B.....

but they just could give a max load of 6,5 amp....

so for our wheels...they were not usable....not enough amps...in this former times a sony vtc5 was the best you could get for a high load....but the only could give 2600mah.....

so if i have only a 16s1p pack and not lets say 4 of them...i always would prefere a high load batterie before a high mah batterie...

for sure: with the hg2 they choose the best for the 9b...thats absolut no question!

i just dont agree to a general: high watthour is the best...forget the rest ;-)

6 hours ago, master255 said:

3) Lamps turn in the opposite direction. This is an obvious bug.

You can unplug your LED's and reverse plug the cables in to opposite plugs.  Then they will rotate the correct way.

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

I think it is both motherboard and motor - related.That's why there are so many different results... And then there are not many users that say what kind of E+ version they have (revision, mb, etc.)

I agree.  Also, one other issue is that sometimes when flashing firmware, it does not go completely smoothly.  I create and test Firmware for Cell Phones.  I've flashed firmware to Cell Phones Many Hundreds of times.  Once in a while, it appears to flash correctly, but there may be a little glitch or two (not booting correctly, no sound, radios not working, etc).  After flashing again, and sometimes after doing a Hard Reset, everything works as expected.  Not sure why this happens, but it does occasionally on phones.  I'm guessing the wheels can react the same?

Unfortunately, on the wheel, there is no way to Re-Flash the firmware to test this theory.  And, I don't know of a way to Hard Reset a NineBot, unless the 'on it's side for 17 beeps' thing is it.  Might be worth a try for those having issues.  I've been fortunate to not run into any of these issues yet, so maybe I've got the correct Motherboard and Motor combo...  N20, 1.3.1 MB.

7 hours ago, vla said:

Hello, thanks for info.

Yes, I just was testing the max speed. I usually ride around 16 - 18 km/h. 

My serial number begin N20EA1.

:D

The Mobo v1.3.1 are faster than Mobo v1.3.0.
After changing my burnt v1.3.1 for a v1.3.0, my maximum speed lost 2-3km/h (9B1 E+ N20).

Before, I had a 9B1 E+ N10 with a Mobo v1.3.0 but the speed was slower than my 9B1 E+ N20.

In my case (Fw 1.2.7 for all) :

9B1 E+ N10 Mobo v1.3.0:  20-21km/h

9B1 E+ N20 Mobo v1.3.1:  24-25km/h

9B1 E+ N20 Mobo v1.3.0:  22-23km/h

After updating the Firmware to 1.3.5 and 1.4.0 on my 9B1 E+ N20, the maximum speed stays at 22-23km/h.

19 hours ago, cbgti said:

The Mobo v1.3.1 are faster than Mobo v1.3.0.
After changing my burnt v1.3.1 for a v1.3.0, my maximum speed lost 2-3km/h (9B1 E+ N20).

Before, I had a 9B1 E+ N10 with a Mobo v1.3.0 but the speed was slower than my 9B1 E+ N20.

In my case (Fw 1.2.7 for all) :

9B1 E+ N10 Mobo v1.3.0:  20-21km/h

9B1 E+ N20 Mobo v1.3.1:  24-25km/h

9B1 E+ N20 Mobo v1.3.0:  22-23km/h

After updating the Firmware to 1.3.5 and 1.4.0 on my 9B1 E+ N20, the maximum speed stays at 22-23km/h.

Thanks, I was not aware of Mobo versions differences.  I checked mine: I have 1.3.0 (serial N20).  I see that your 1.3.1 board burnt and @Cranium's one too and that 1.3.1 is (or was) used in P:

"I received my Ninebot One P today [...] It is version 1.3.1 which happens to be the same as the control board that came on my Ninebot One E+ that I received a few weeks ago.  My E+ was on firmware version 1.2.7 which had no reported issues when the board fried and dumped me to the ground.  I was lucky I didn't get hurt and was able to get a replacement control board in only a week shipped from Ninebot with the help of Forward California.    The replacement board was a version 1.3 board.  I felt I had been downgraded but after looking at the Mosfet ratings, I was ok with it.  It has worked fine so far."

@cbgti So you have the same as me (N20 1.3.0), but I stayed on FW 1.3.5.  You tried to check max speed and wheel passed this test and is not slower.
And generally - are you driving fast and dynamically or slow and gently?
I drive in both styles, so the wheel needs to allow the fast and dynamic style too.  My FW 1.3.5 allows that, I am wondering if 1.4.0 too.

Archived