Firmware 1.4.0

Vik's

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

An E+ should notice no difference between 1.3.5 and 1.4

There is quite a difference.  Just rode over 25 miles today.  A friend updated his part way through the ride.  He was amazed at the difference.  It's SUPER Smooth now.  MUCH more than before.  Especially during Slow Tight Turns, but even when going fast.  It feels like the wheel just got a tune-up and is riding on glass.

It does tilt back differently.  Easier than before when going top speed.  But it's not as abrupt now, more manageable.  Unfortunately I didn't run out of battery, so not sure how hard the low battery tilt is.  (Swapped out Batteries part way through)

1 hour ago, SlowMo said:

Are you sure your battery lasts 25 miles?

No, I can get 17 if I run it flat dead.  We carry extra batteries and I swapped it out part way through.  Here's my quick swap mod:

Here it is with the battery door mod and after covering in Carbon Fibre and painting the Battery Doors Black.

20160308_231724979_iOS.jpg

22 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

They probably use a ifdef function in the code to select between models. 

Umm, no... #ifdef is a compile-time instruction (preprocessor directive), that would mean that they build the firmware for each model separately, and thus each model would have separate firmware. If there is such code, it must use runtime-iffing (to run the same firmware on all models, but branch based on serial number or whatever at runtime).

3 hours ago, esaj said:

Umm, no... #ifdef is a compile-time instruction (preprocessor directive), that would mean that they build the firmware for each model separately, and thus each model would have separate firmware. If there is such code, it must use runtime-iffing (to run the same firmware on all models, but branch based on serial number or whatever at runtime).

right right.

I said ifdef but described a switch...

I am new on the forum, so hello everyone :).

I bought Ninebot One E+ about two months ago and I'm on 1.3.5 (or 1.3.6?  can't remember) - it is stable machine on that.

I wanted to comment on this topic, because I found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_FicUW8ytA

I haven't watch the video, but there is a comment of the author in the comments section:
" BE AWARE. After updating the wheel its less powerfull and have shut down on me and restarted in a split second when riding over uneven road from a stand still. I did push the wheel, but this is something i never had to worry about before. Yes the riding experience is smoother and more comfy at speeds, but with less power comes a higher risk of shutoff when the road is uneven. Also i have noticed motor hammering at top speed. Not a lot, but its the same type of feel when the motor is under a lot of stress and moving forward at increments. If you are still at V1.3.5.. stay there for now. Thank you "

There is also another video with description:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdIt25ZFFQI

" It can still push me up the 20 degree incline at the end of the video. Its sudden movements that trigger the alarm and shuts off the wheel before it restarts again. Quickly slowing down and speeding up will also result in a shutdown."

I was thinking about upgrading, but maybe it's better not to do that.

5 hours ago, master255 said:

Now I have two wheels NineBot P with two firmware 1.3.5 and 1.4.0. Now I can compare the firmware. The weather today is bad. Compare tomorrow or maybe in the evening.

I cannot believe that you, of all people, bought another NineBot. ;)  Congratulations, and I'm looking forward to your Firmware Comparison.

@SuperSport

Different electrical circuits. The new 1.3.2, the old 1.3.1. It seems to me, and the engine is a little better on the new. The new scheme is optimized and is not heated.
Engine sound is almost inaudible when you ride. In the old engine sound is heard is characteristic. I think I need to disassemble and repair it.

All this certainly impresses, but the tilt back of the pedals became 3 km. \ H. than before. Therefore the maximum speed is now 25 km. \ H ..I remember when the tilt back began since 30 km. \ H .. Now they have lowered the maximum speed of 5 km. \ H .. I do not understand what is going on.

16 minutes ago, Philfree said:

Hello @master255 your are a lucky man... I have see a picture of a new motherboard for the P is that true ?

yes, this is true.

This is all about new NineBot One P. 

As usual, we hope the new firmware 1.5.0. If there is no speed will drop even more.
Here is a company NineBot. You buy one tire, and it turns into another with time.

1 minute ago, master255 said:

This is all about new NineBot One P. 

As usual, we hope the new firmware 1.5.0. If there is no speed will drop even more.
Here is a company NineBot. You buy one tire, and it turns into another with time.

So, did your new wheel come with the new 1.3.2 board?  When did you order it, and where from?

@SuperSport, On the new wheel, I already drove 6 km. How much can I repeat! Yes! New wheel with the new scheme (1.3.2)! And the new firmware (1.4.0)!
Maybe I accidentally sold. I'm from Russia. Moscow. I do not know how it happened.

yesterday foto

20160607_081615.jpg

On 30/05/2016 at 6:55 AM, SuperSport said:

Here it is with the battery door mod and after covering in Carbon Fibre and painting the Battery Doors Black.

20160308_231724979_iOS.jpg

Very Nice 9B1 ! 

2 minutes ago, master255 said:

The new wheel is better, but the speed is less than 3 km.\h.. The old maximum speed is 28 km.\h., and the new 25 km.\h.. But the new rides better.

I'd be willing to put up with 3km less speed if the wheel was motherboard stable and rode nice.

Is it the same battery in both?  There were rumors of new batteries too.

2 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I'd be willing to put up with 3km less speed if the wheel was stable and rode nice.

No. You've never been Ninebot One P and you do not know what to drive at a speed of 30 km.\h.. It's not forget the feeling !!! I do not want to put up with a decrease in the speed of 5 km.\h..

Especially since other manufacturers have a maximum speed of 35 km.\h..

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

I'd be willing to put up with 3km less speed if the wheel was motherboard stable and rode nice.

Is it the same battery in both?  There were rumors of new batteries too.

Not sure about the batteries but there seems to be a new revisions of motherboards indeed. I've seen some of local norwegian dealers announce the shipping of new revised 9b1 P ca. in late june...

ninebot_mb_1.3.2.jpg

Archived