What minimum range are you happy with per charge?

If you want to do 1000 km and you go out for 3 months , you can do it always. the electric unicycle is for go out and to have fun for a time with a pleasant weather. paris is a big city , it takes a long time. 

the problem is rather that with a too large battery the unicycle is worse guide

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:16 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

For those who have a medium sized range would you prefer if your EUC had an easily replaceable battery pack so you can bring along an emergency spare pack so you'll never get stuck or is it not really a concern as you always have enough power to spare?  Or do you carry a charger around while travelling?

If manufacturers could without adding too much weight incorporate the charging circuit into the EUC and add in a retractable charging cord like on a vacuum cleaner would you want something like that so you can charge on the go?

Both above points (plus "portable" / travel charger) are on the top of my wish list since the first day I've got my first EUC ;) Now having 3rd cheap-o / "backup" / tinkering wheel I'm actually looking into modding it into having both swappable battery packs as well as integrated charger (in addition to some other more advanced mods).

As for me, I'd rather let the wheel carry the heavy batteries than my back if I put spare ones in a back pack.

The KS 18" is available with 1380Wh batteries, some people reach near to 100km with one charge.

It's a big wheel, so it may not be as agile as a small one, but it's perfect for long distances, since it's more comfortable, and less vulnerable to holes or bumps.

You'll need 14" when you want to do tricks, for instance, like in a skate park. But for rides you don't often need great agility. And I've seen a friend demoing pretty impressive slaloming skills on an MSuper 18"

16" might be the ideal compromise :)

mcm v3 with 260, wish got 5 or 6 something battery, 165lbs. and get about 25km. with one light left (25%). Still have to recharge every day. Next will be getting msuper with 850 battery.

Archived