Looking for the best wheel

David S

1 minute ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

If I HAD to choose? Yea, because I don't need massive range for 99% of my use, I would absolutely pick the xtreme. The comfort and ride quality all comes together from body design to firmware and makes a great riding experience unlike anything else. But because I'm a total nut about it it's also great to own the less comfy but punchier "sports car" too- both are amazing.

I'm not recommending the xtreme for everyone, I'm just defending it because so many like to pass judgement based on specs alone. I did the same thing before I tried it. Changed my tune pretty quickly! Sorry if I took us off topic a bit. 

Yes, I get the love for the Xtreme, but none of this follows the original question, which I thought was the point of this thread.

Just now, houseofjob said:

Yes, I get the love for the Xtreme, but none of this follows the original question, which I thought was the point of this thread.

You just asked me a question, I answered - I explained why I went OT and apologized.. Moving on

Just now, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

You just asked me a question, I answered - I explained why I went OT and apologized.. Moving on

Yes, in the context of this thread, 'cause isn't that the point?

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Well - it does 22 kph (the "rated" 16 kph on Inventist web site is a bit misleading) so it's pretty close to what you've wanted ... Also - depending on your weight you might get more distance out of it as well. I'm towards the higher weight due to my height and occasional extra stuff I carry so indeed it decreases the range for me but it fits my requirements even then without problems. The riding comfort greatly outweighs the minor (to me) disadvantages like not-so-high speed. Also motor feels really powerful despite the unclear specification in regards of it's real continuous power.

Can it go 15mph? Because that seemed to be his top priority.... just saying....

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

With the upgraded firmware(with signed waiver), yes, it can go 15mph. Otherwise it's 13.6mph. 

Interesting. Are you riding & utilizing the waived 15mph then? If so, what mileage do you get averaging near 15mph?

Also, how do you deal with situations when you can't ride the Xtreme? Do they have a mountable trolley handle?

13 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Also, how do you deal with situations when you can't ride the Xtreme? Do they have a mountable trolley handle?

There is no (original) mounting handle / point. I personally use either the Think Tank backpack conversion set (Think Tank Photo Shoulder Harness V2.0) to carry it or for longer trips without riding I have small cheap foldable luggage trolley to which I'll strap it on. 

Archived