Glitch in KS18A 2016 model?

johrhoj

I discovered a glitch with my Kingsong KS18A 2016 model. This topic is both possible warning and question whether anyone else experienced it.

When mounting i place one foot, then i push off a bit so that i have a little forward movement and then i place my other foot, a standard take off.

The glitch (this happened twice now): when pushing off, the motor seems to get no power for just a moment, making the wheel tilt too far. Then the motor/software catches on and gives a powerful surge. The wheel jumps ahead leaving me standing. All I can do is "catch" the wheel.

My theory is as follows. When not in motion and upright, the software has a hard time deciding which way is/will be forward. It actually goes back and forth (front light - back light switching). There is apparently a tiny (very tiny) window in time during the switch to one direction, that you cannot reliably take off in the other direction.

Can anyone confirm? Is this a known issue? I think it is "just" a firmware problem.  

Update on the glitch:

It seems that the glitch I described above happens mainly trying to start from a dent, or with a little obstruction in front (large pebble). When i increase my weight on one pedal, the wheel might move a tiny bit in the other direction, thus changing direction. This results in an immediate rechange into the correct direction, because the wheel is tilted in the correct direction. The amount of tilt however is far greater than I (the rider) intended, and the wheel leaps forward. 

I still think this is bad behavior, but now I know what is going on, and can live with it. It will mainly happen in offroad conditions, I guess  ...

This sounds a bit like what has happent to me a couple of times.
I have one foot on one pedal and have just put the other foot up and it tilts forward and screams out the overpowered-message. This has happent both on grass and on asphalt roads, both when starting from balance, and when starting by holding in something (e.g. a lamppost). 

I have a KS16 840 model

• 4 weeks later...

After updating to 1.20, I had one more occurrence of this glitch. It was when i tried to mount on a pretty steep uphill slope (about 10%).

Archived