Wanted 10" gotway pref in UK

Why not order one from Jane Mo or Kevin Lee?

I would sell you one of mine but I would only buy another so it would have to be at the full cost of purchase including shipping and customs fees.

For new wheels, a group order of more wheels in one go from the factory or international reseller could push down the unit- and shipping-price, I think that's what the french forum users did with their Firewheels (get the order together, one person handles the ordering from the factory & customs, then ships the units domestically to others once (s)he gets them, or if people live close by, they can just pick theirs up). Shouldn't matter if they're different models, as long as all of them are ordered from same factory/reseller (resellers could probably sell different brands too in same shipment), at least the french users had different F-models (F260, F520, F779) coming from the factory in the same shipment.

I don't like the idea of ordering from abroad with little to no way of protecting the payment,and the thought of customs and charges just winds me up,hence the UK preference but thanks anyway guys 

As even retailers/importers have to pay the shipment and customs, then slap the taxes on top of price and margins to make a living, price-wise it won't probably be that different (although large retailers/importers can bring in at bulk, so they can push down the unit- and shipment-price somewhat). I don't know for sure, but I think 10" Gotways aren't very common, so finding one used might not be easy yet, in my opinion, if you want to avoid the hassle with shipping & customs from abroad, the best bet to get one domestically is to do what @Gimlet suggested, and buy one off from him (or someone else) with the price of a new one, so they can replace theirs and handle the customs etc. affairs for the new one themselves. But basically you're then paying the price of a new one for used. Or find more people to buy in bulk and someone who's willing to handle the orders with the factory or international agent & customs.

I think at least France (and maybe Germany) have stores within the EU-zone where you can buy Gotways and don't need to pay the UK VAT or customs dues (assuming UK has the same system as here, where you don't pay the customs & domestic VAT when buying inside EU-area), but don't know of any within the UK.

Trouble is any store in the EU zone will have had to pay the duties and VAT anyway. That's the only reason you don't have to pay them again if you buy within the EU.

The price I paid for mine (it varies with the $ £ exchange rate) was a little over £400. That includes shipping but excludes VAT and duties.

Trouble is any store in the EU zone will have had to pay the duties and VAT anyway. That's the only reason you don't have to pay them again if you buy within the EU.

The price I paid for mine (it varies with the $ £ exchange rate) was a little over £400. That includes shipping but excludes VAT and duties.

​Yeah, of course the price includes the customs duties and local VAT, and I don't know how high they would be in UK, but the funny thing is that you can actually get a wheel cheaper from France or Germany to Finland, including international shipping, it's actually cheaper to order something from Germany to your doorstep than send similar package domestically via mail (that you have to pickup yourself from the closest drop-off point!) than buying domestically (at least in most cases) or ordering from outside EU, due to the Finnish 12% custom duty (calculated from combined shipping + unit-price) + 24% VAT (calculated on top of the customs duty). So the actual price for ordering to Finland from outside EU is (shipping + unit-price) * 1.12 * 1.24. No wonder that specialty shops are complaining that people just come to try the stuff into the shop and then order it online from another EU-country...

Archived