NB P ....Mechanical failure...

Paulandjacquelyn

19 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Lol......tough talk from a company lawyer?     This is not China and as a consumer we are protected against potentially dangerous products.   It "does work like that".    Lol

Ninebot pulled the P most definitely due to faulty design.     I will excersise my right to safety, not your forum lawyer litigation lol.

Peace, love  and all that. ;)

@Paulandjacquelyn Well said! Way to go.

Someone in the forum is clearly appointed by Ninebot...wonder who?

Planet papi - how do you keep your tin foil hat held down when you ride?

Are you people really that far removed from reality to suggest I'm a ninebot lawyer just because I spoke out about the massive amount of whining occurring here?

If I have learned anything from this thread it's that if someone on a forum makes a statement, that statement must be the gospel and can in no way be proven untrue. So please. Continue to suggest I'm a lawyer. When people believe it and reach out to me for my legal services I have some good ways to spend that money. 

16 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

If I have learned anything from this thread it's that if someone on a forum makes a statement, that statement must be the gospel and can in no way be proven untrue.

Consider that starting the first post with "So let me get this straight" plays a role in it :P

Off topic: I had to laugh, as I would interpret "must be the gospel" in an entirely different way :)

So, as mentioned here or elsewhere, I live in NYC.  I have a hard time distinguishing who has a bigger sense of self entitlement mixed with stupidity - People of NYC vs people of this thread.

Let me paraphrase this thread.

OP - "I knew Ninebot had issues with this, but rather than send it back for a refund at the beginning I kept it anyway.  Now 6 months later I have the same issue as everyone said I would have and now that it's broken I want my money back"

Me - "don't you think that is a bit of an unreasonable request"

OP and other - "I should have whatever I want all the time or Ninebot is wrong!"

planetpapi - "He's making a logical statement!  He must be a Ninebot Lawer!"

LOL at you people.

22 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I don't think it's a question of "getting a good one". If the board was not properly designed to handle the higher power P motor, it's a design flaw. It's not like other products where it's an annoyance when they don't work, here you are trusting your safety to this thing. Lasting longer before it blows up isn't good enough, you can be Seriously hurt when it cuts out. That's why if it is indeed a design flaw, Ninebot really should do a recall if they want to be taken seriously.

I think the P was only sent to Beta testers.  They don't have to recall Beta testers maybe?

1 minute ago, chriscalandro said:

I have a P (a working P) and I am not a beta tester.

When it dies I'll have Ninebot send me a new MB.

I knew it :)

Ok, would everybody please calm the **** down... Chris is (probably) not a Ninebot lawyer, Paulandjacquelyn will (likely) get a new mainboard on warranty (whether it's the newer model or not, I don't know) or maybe even a refund, Ninebot did a stupid thing releasing the P-model half-baked (although there seem to be units working just fine also) and then pulling it out from the market etc etc. Everybody back to your corners, I've got better things to do than act as a referee on your petty disputes ;)  Like sleeping. :P

I'm not even a ninebot owner but seriously, Chris... This is a public forum. People can talk about what they want without being called whiners. From my perspective, you're the one not contributing anything positive in this thread and yet keep adding posts to the thread complaining about the same issue - that sounds much more like whining to me than anyone else here. Just DON'T come back to the thread if you hate the topic that much! :rolleyes:

The OP like anyone else is concerned about having a defective product and would rather have it recalled and refunded. I don't believe he will get a refund, but  no one has to be rude about it. I'm still amazed about all this talk about the P... very surprised Ninebot would have done this and can completely understand how the P owners must be feeling.

If I owned a P and it died by stopping too hard, I too would be upset as it's a lot of money spent.  I'm hoping NineBot decides to send New/Updated motherboards to the original P owners, but I also believe they probably are not legally bound to do so.  But, it would go a long ways to restoring faith in their brand, as it's been hit pretty hard by this issue.  Only thing I can see that might affect that outcome is whether the new board will just work with the old battery and motor.

The other thing that amazes me is how durable these things really are, but that gets forgotten a lot.  Compare to a Tesla Car for instance, since that's being done a lot.

Can you imagine taking your Tesla back and wanting a replacement or even warranty repairs after you've run it into walls, rolled end over end down hills, or smashed into a pile of rocks?  These ARE fine tuned electronic devices after all.

But, amazingly, EUC manufacturers are still honoring warranties after a lot of this type of abuse.  Pretty cool in my book.  Not saying there are not instances where they absolutely should stand behind them still, but sometimes they also go over what they need to.

Hi, my Tesla is running funny and it's still under warranty, can I get a replacement please?

Tesla Crash.jpg

Tesla Crash 2.jpg

Tesla Crash 3.jpg

3 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Can you imagine taking your Tesla back and wanting a replacement or even warranty repairs after you've run it into walls, rolled end over end down hills, or smashed into a pile of rocks?

Of course not, but of course there is no way or shape in which rolling a 2 ton car end over end is comparable to doing the same to a 15kg wheel.

Scary pic, BTW. 

21 minutes ago, Niko said:

Of course not, but of course there is no way or shape in which rolling a 2 ton car end over end is comparable to doing the same to a 15kg wheel.

Scary pic, BTW. 

I know, I'm just being the devil's advocate.  But it's still a LOT of stress put on our wheels due to crashing.  Amazing they hold up.

On 5/21/2016 at 2:29 AM, Douglas Ingram said:

Honestly, I can say I'm a disappointed P owner after blowing a board by slowing down at speed. 

That at much so I'm thinking of part exchanging mine for a Gen 2 once released. 

How fast were you braking?  That's good to know that hard braking can cause such a power surge.  Probably more than trying to accelerate too fast.  Did the wheel cutout and shoot out from under you?  From reading this forum it seems that going downhill can also heat up the board.  I am gradually driving faster but not pushing the wheel too hard I hope.  I just started checking the app after rides to see temperature and voltage afterwards to get an idea of the loads being put on the Bot.

• 3 weeks later...

Update :  Ninebot P was sent in to Ninebot US for warranty repair.  They changed MB, and actually did a freshening up of the P. The also changed my outer rings and installed new pads since they were scratched up.   Its back in hand and runs fine.

I still believe there is an issue that they are trying to avoid directly addressing (Ninebot Inc).  The recent firmware 1.4 update seems to be another attempt to control the potentially dangerous motor/mb match up design.  

On 5/19/2016 at 1:12 PM, chriscalandro said:

Nobody likes a whiner.

Some feel the need to assign, relegate, delegate and attempt manage something other than their own life. Usually its because their life is a mess.  lol, waaaaaa.  We all know(or try not to know) these people as they float through life trying to force their logic and opinions to others...to that I lol :)  

Archived