Lhotz Owners only - charger question/help needed!

Paddylaz

Hey guys, so I was a moron and left my charger on the train...so no wheeling for a while :unsure:

Obviously I'm looking to get a replacement ASAP - I've thought about contacting Runrui at IPS - but that will of course involve getting one shipped from China.

How 'specific' a charger is it? Obviously I don't have it anymore so I can't look at the power/voltage details on the back.

Will a generic one be ok as a replacement, and if so, could you tell me what the power/voltage/current details are on the back of yours? I know nothing about electricity/voltages etc so obviously I am cautious about attaching anything that might harm the euc/battery.

Obviously I'm in the UK so I appreciate your's may/will have regional differences too.

Thanks Guys!

I think any 67.2 volt charger will work, but IPS uses a connector with 4 pins, where other brands use 3 pins, so you would have to get an adapter or put on your own connector

16 minutes ago, Xima Lhotz said:

Here are pictures of the Xima charger and plug if you are still interested.

Plug outputs are explained on the back of the charger.

Looks like GX16-4 (instead of the usual GX16-3):

gx16__12072_zoom.jpg

My (uneducated) opionion is that a good quality "generic" charger should be fine, if the plug is changed (with the pins in correct order/polarity), as the voltage is the usual 67.2V (16S pack). Some older IPSs used some lower voltage, which then wouldn't work.

18 hours ago, Jurgen said:

http://www.monowiel.be/

Should have'm in stock

I have a spare one somewhere, that I don't use. Don't know the cost for sending it from B to to UK, just drop me an e-mail if you're interested of if you're have difficulties securing one through other channels.

Cheers mate. Will keep that in mind! Just waiting on Runrui to see how much/how long it will be for a new one. Also, need to check train lost property when it opens on wednesday.

Thanks so much guys!

3 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Cheers mate. Will keep that in mind! Just waiting on Runrui to see how much/how long it will be for a new one. Also, need to check train lost property when it opens on wednesday.

Thanks so much guys!

don't thank me yet, I haven't told you the price yet:huh::D

I found it, it's still in the bubble wrap. sending it to UK should be around €20

good luck with the train lost property.

Archived