New rider looking for wheel

August Y

Was looking at Ninebot and Kingsong. I really like the kingsong ks-16 but not sure if its avail in USA.

Im 6'2" (188 cm) and wondering if a 14" wheel is too small? seems like a 16" is the sweet spot? 

any suggestions?

1 hour ago, maestr72x said:

Was looking at Ninebot and Kingsong. I really like the kingsong ks-16 but not sure if its avail in USA.

Im 6'2" (188 cm) and wondering if a 14" wheel is too small? seems like a 16" is the sweet spot? 

any suggestions?

There are at least 2 active members of this forum I am aware of who are USA KingSong suppliers @Jason McNeil And @KaleOsaurusRex (and I'm in the UK! ) see:

See also: 

16" does seem to be a good compromise, but I'm not personally convinced height and/or weight alone are the best reason for picking a wheel size, power and battery size are more important. Certainly a14" wheel is more responsive, works well on city streets especially if it needs to be carried at times, but bigger wheels will handle rougher terrain better, if aiming to cruise long distances off road you can't beat the 18" wheels. 16" fits nicely In-between those two extremes.

2 hours ago, maestr72x said:

any suggestions?

The preferences riders have concerning wheel size have little to do with height. It's more to do with weight vs versatility.

The larger the wheel, the better it will handle small curbs, cracks in the pavement/sidewalk, road bumps etc. However (obviously) the weight jump is significant as you go up.

Most people consider 16 to be a nice sweet spot. Regardless of how muscular you are, carrying a wheel heavier than 13kg isn't much fun.....

Archived