Upgrade Advice, Please

9 minutes ago, nute said:

My main beef with it is that the battery indicator in the power switch dont show up very well in bright light. 

Lol yeah I hate that. Do you also do that awkward thing where you bend over and curl your fingers around the power button to create shadow enough to see your battery status?

16 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Lol yeah I hate that. Do you also do that awkward thing where you bend over and curl your fingers around the power button to create shadow enough to see your battery status?

Wouldn't that be what the app is for? 

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Wouldn't that be what the app is for? 

The app is only really useful for turning on/adjusting  the lights, and checking mileage.

other than that, too much effort to bring out the phone to constantly check battery.

The power light gives you a very decent idea of the current status but can be hard to see in bright light

So I have ordered an IPS 191 Lhotz 340, which I am sure is the right "next step" for me, thanks to all the information that I have got from everyone. It is really appreciated - thank you all. 

And getting a machine locally will make support much easier (though hopefully I won't need it).

The only question now is whether it will arrive tomorrow (Friday), or if I have to wait until Monday...

5 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I have ordered an IPS 191 Lhotz 340, which I am sure is the right "next step" for me, thanks to all the information that I have got from everyone. It is really appreciated - thank you all. 

And getting a machine locally will make support much easier (though hopefully I won't need it).

The only question now is whether it will arrive tomorrow (Friday), or if I have to wait until Monday...

Congratulations. White or black?

The only thing you need to do now is be aware of the app situation. Depending on what bluetooth module is in your Lhotz, it will respond to either the 'iamips' app or the 'xima' app.

Find out which one, and use it to update your wheel to the latest firmware.

IF your wheel responded to the 'xima' app. My strong advice would be to delete that app (AFTER you have updated to latest firmware) and then download an app called 'Xima Lhotz,' which is a much better one created by our forum's very own Kevin.

It is much faster, easier, has a more accurate speedometer but most importantly allows you to unlock the full speed immediately - which you should do asap regardless of skill level. The only downside of it is it doesn't do firmware updates, hence my instructions above.

If you're on android......I'm not sure. Someone might have to chime in here! 

I bought a Xima Lhotz recently. I saw there was a firmware update available but I didn't do it. Do you know what features/changes are in the newest firmware?  

44 minutes ago, Shoe73 said:

I bought a Xima Lhotz recently. I saw there was a firmware update available but I didn't do it. Do you know what features/changes are in the newest firmware?  

No idea but no problems reported. I think the latest update is probably the last actually they'll ever do for the Lhotz. Hasn't been one in months.

Unlike Ninebot there's never been a report of a dodgy firmware I think.....in fact I don't think there's ever been a report of a cutout with an IPS wheel at all. So might as well do it ?

10 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

No idea but no problems reported. I think the latest update is probably the last actually they'll ever do for the Lhotz. Hasn't been one in months.

Unlike Ninebot there's never been a report of a dodgy firmware I think.....in fact I don't think there's ever been a report of a cutout with an IPS wheel at all. So might as well do it ?

Ok I'll probably give it a shot. I was worried about something going wrong with the update and ending up with a bricked wheel. I bought used so no warranty. 

8 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Congratulations. White or black?

If you're on android......I'm not sure. Someone might have to chime in here! 

Thanks - I went black. 

And yes, I'm on Android. Which only seems to have one app option (direct from the iamips website). But if anyone can comment further on that, please educate me. 

Archived