Forum RULES and guidelines (MUST read before your first post)

4 minutes ago, IRK said:

Sixth post down in the Ninebot MiniPro section. 

Just approved. Strange that your post didn't show up in the Moderator List of posts to approve. Must have been a glitch in the software.

You're good to go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Just approved. Strange that your post didn't show up in the Moderator List of posts to approve. Must have been a glitch in the software.

You're good to go.

Thanks!

Now I am free to post. Yippee!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I openedan account yesterday and I don't seem to be able to message any of the staff, I need to contact them but it does not allow me to send any message to anyone at all.

Can anyone help with this please?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GFT said:

Hi,

I openedan account yesterday and I don't seem to be able to message any of the staff, I need to contact them but it does not allow me to send any message to anyone at all.

Can anyone help with this please?

5 hours ago, GFT said:

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyone from the staff I can message privately?

Just post your comment here and reference the individual that you're trying to communicate with.

Until someone is established as a real EUC enthusiast we'd rather not get PMs. At least I wouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

Just post your comment here and reference the individual that you're trying to communicate with.

Until someone is established as a real EUC enthusiast we'd rather not get PMs. At least I wouldn't.

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply.

One of your staff members has PM'ed me so I am now able to ask him directly via PM. I've just sent him a PM.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GFT said:

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply.

One of your staff members has PM'ed me so I am now able to ask him directly via PM. I've just sent him a PM.

Hy there and a warm welcome!

When i understand it correct you are the Person/boss behind "Kingsong Ireland"?

Then it would be nice if you Change your username to this(You can do this in the Options!)….or at least put some Statement in your signature, which clearly Shows that you are a Distributor.

Please Dont get this advice wrong, we are happy to have Distributors/sellers here in the Forum, but because of their interests it is important that everybody can recognize them as what they are.

Aaah, and btw.: Now you should be able to write PM to whoever you want. It is just that the Forum Rules now Need you to have 2-3 positive Reputations before you can do that. Which you now have :-)

Edited by US69

13 minutes ago, US69 said:

anHy there and a warm welcome!

When i understand it correct you are the Person/boss behind "Kingsong Ireland"?

Then it would be nice if you Change your username to this(You can do this in the Options!)….or at least put some Statement in your signature, which clearly Shows that you are a Distributor.

Please Dont get this advice wrong, we are happy to have Distributors/sellers here in the Forum, but because of their interests it is important that everybody can recognize them as what they are.

Aaah, and btw.: Now you should be able to write PM to whoever you want. It is just that the Forum Rules now Need you to have 2-3 positive Reputations before you can do that. Which you now have :-)

Hi US69,

Thank you for the warm welcome and yes, you are correct.

As I had mentioned to Chriull in my early post, I first created the official account Kingsong Ireland (the one I intend to use) but due to the initial problems with being unable to post or send any PM's I thought I would open a second account named GFT and give it another try. I guess my account GFT is now functional, which is good as I can use it as an individual account and not as a company, however I'd like the account Kingsong Ireland (the one I am writing now) to become functional then I would not need to change any name to my GFT account that I do not intend to use for commercial purposes.

Please let me know if that is possible, then I could do the introduction by myself in the resellers thread created by esaj.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsong Ireland said:

... but due to the initial problems with being unable to post or send any PM's I thought I would open a second account named GFT and give it another try. I guess my account GFT is now functional, which is good as I can use it as an individual account and not as a company, however I'd like the account Kingsong Ireland (the one I am writing now) to become functional then I would not need to change any name to my GFT account that I do not intend to use for commercial purposes.

Please let me know if that is possible, then I could do the introduction by myself in the resellers thread created by esaj.

Both accounts are functional - just in the beginning every account is restricted and postings need approval. After some posts/time they get automaticly unrestricted.

Btw - welcome here in the forum!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingsong Ireland said:

As I had mentioned to Chriull in my early post, I first created the official account Kingsong Ireland (the one I intend to use) but due to the initial problems with being unable to post or send any PM's I thought I would open a second account named GFT and give it another try. I guess my account GFT is now functional, which is good as I can use it as an individual account and not as a company, however I'd like the account Kingsong Ireland (the one I am writing now) to become functional then I would not need to change any name to my GFT account that I do not intend to use for commercial purposes.

As i have now liked and reputated this account, too….you should be able to PM with it, also!

• 1 month later...

Hi!  I am new to the forum, and new to my EUC, and have a lot of n00b questions, like 'do I have to do any routine maintenance, how often do people pump up their tires' and 'err, if they're not-definitely-legal in the UK, would I actually get a criminal record or points on my driving license if I was riding my EUC slowly and in control?' and 'are there any other riders in my city who would like to meet up and hang out?'   Is there some sort of FAQ page for new people, maybe linking to a few key posts?

• Upvote 1

Hello moderators, I gather that I should introduce myself with the hope of proving that I'm not obstreperous or a bot (or even worse I suppose, an obstreperous bot!).  

I have been lurking for a while and and watching Marty's videos on unicycles and am amazed at how far they have come since I first looked into them. I had no idea. 

I have been a little obsessed with alternate forms of local/electric transportation since the Segway came out years ago (I even tried to get a job at the HQ in New Hampshire and met Dean Kamen in the process).   About the same time I think I was literally the first person commuting (in a suit no less) into Boston on a sharper image Razor scooter--the very first one released--before upgrading to the Xootr.  I'm back in Boston these last two years and boy have things changed.  I see electric skateboards, scooters, Onewheels and unicycles everywhere.  I myself have been having a great time on boosted and evolve skateboards.  But the more I learn about the range, versatility and mobility of electric unicycles, the more I think that one of the skateboards is going to have to go to make room for a new one-wheeled experience.  

Anyway, it's great to see such an active and enthusiastic community. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul2579
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Paul2579 said:

Hello moderators, I gather that I should introduce myself with the hope of proving that I'm not obstreperous or a bot (or even worse I suppose, an obstreperous bot!).  

I have been lurking for a while and and watching Marty's videos on unicycles and am amazed at how far they have come since I first looked into them. I had no idea. 

I have been a little obsessed with alternate forms of local/electric transportation since the Segway came out years ago (I even tried to get a job at the HQ in New Hampshire and met Dean Kamen in the process).   About the same time I think I was literally the first person commuting (in a suit no less) into Boston on a sharper image Razor scooter--the very first one released--before upgrading to the Xootr.  I'm back in Boston these last two years and boy have things changed.  I see electric skateboards, scooters, Onewheels and unicycles everywhere.  I myself have been having a great time on boosted and evolve skateboards.  But the more I learn about the range, versatility and mobility of electric unicycles, the more I think that one of the skateboards is going to have to go to make room for a new one-wheeled experience.  

Anyway, it's great to see such an active and enthusiastic community. 

Paul 

Welcome, you will not regret it if into smart, electric transportation and will have lots of fun in the process.

I single wheel in as compact packages and as one can find is truly amazing for commuting, ok to be fair I found it so fun and addictive and bit by the speed demon in me so no longer as portable in terms of my latest wheel, still ok though for bus, subway, train and take it is to the stores when shopping, like a part of me now. Great range is a bones, riding Gotway Msuper X with 1600Wh batt package, whatever model hard to go wrong.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can sense the following hierarchical structure of forums on this site:

1. It seems forums are firstly grouped into overarching groups like "General Electric Unicycle forums", "Brand.specific forums (EUC only)", "ONe-Wheel skateboards", etc.
  2. The next level is sub-groups. The overarching group "General Electric Unicycle forums" have eight sub-groups of forums.
  3. The third level seems to be the actual forums and any user can create a new forum. Currently there seems to be 122 forums only under the sub-group "General Discussion" which is placed under the overarching group "General Electric Unicycle forums".

Regular "mortals" like me can't create a new overarching group or a new sub-group. We can only create a new forum. I can understand the perfect logic in this and that is the reason for this post.

I would like to see a new subgroup under "General Electric Unicycle forums" labelled "Legislation". This is an increasingly important aspect. Currently comments about legislation are spread out over an infinite number of forums and discussions about legislation in different countries are mixed together. This makes it impossible to get an overview of the actual legislation in a single country.

I think it would be important to create the new subgroup "Legislation". It should first have the instruction that discussions should focus on a single country. Hence, everyone can create a new forum for their country (but should write in English so it is easy for others to have a glance of the discussion about legislation in other countries than their own).

The reason for this is I think we need to gather what we actually know and also to identify any scope for us being able to influence the direction of new legislation (that is likely being worked on in many countries).

I am such a newbie here so I don't understand how I can push for the new sub-group "Legislation" to be created. I am still not allowed to send personal messages to any of the "staff" here. Hence, I wrote this post in hope of getting some help.

(I have dual citizenship so I would engage in discussing legislation in at least two countries).

@Enthusiast welcome to the club.

It's an interesting idea, but as I was reading your proposal a thought struck me. And that thought was: This is an open forum, which is searchable by web browsers.  So anyone who wants to research our legality will have a one stop shop for that purpose.  "That's good" I hear you say; "that was my intention".  But what if the researcher does not have our best interests in mind.  What if the researcher got the shit scared out of them by someone passing too close from behind at high speed (or whatever other hypothetical slight you want to place here).  That researcher look here and instantly discovers that EUCs are illegal in their jurisdiction for reason x, y, or z.  We've just handed them the evidence they need to go to the authorities ( who themselves might not know the whole local legal story) makes their complaint, and accidentally educates the local authorities in the process.

So as I said; it's a noble request, but it might adversely effect riders due to the law of unintended consequences.  I think it's better that our world wide legal status is not that easy to find., and I think we should keep it that way.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

@Enthusiast welcome to the club.

It's an interesting idea, but as I was reading your proposal a thought struck me. And that thought was: This is an open forum, which is searchable by web browsers.  So anyone who wants to research our legality will have a one stop shop for that purpose.  "That's good" I hear you say; "that was my intention".  But what if the researcher does not have our best interests in mind.  What if the researcher got the shit scared out of them by someone passing too close from behind at high speed (or whatever other hypothetical slight you want to place here).  That researcher look here and instantly discovers that EUCs are illegal in their jurisdiction for reason x, y, or z.  We've just handed them the evidence they need to go to the authorities ( who themselves might not know the whole local legal story) makes their complaint, and accidentally educates the local authorities in the process.

So as I said; it's a noble request, but it might adversely effect riders due to the law of unintended consequences.  I think it's better that our world wide legal status is not that easy to find., and I think we should keep it that way.

I think it would be a big big mistake to push for ECU user to become an underground subculture that tries to hide their existence. We can't stay hidden for long. The authorities and police will start to act. It is simply a matter of time. The current legislation in many countries are not in our favor.

Now we still have the chance to gather all god arguments and influence what happens. Ignoring this now will make us ending up with the police enforcing regulatiions decided by non ECU users. I have some political contacts that may be able to achieve something here I but would need help with gathering the right arguments. I think more people will understand that ECUs are one of several ways to solve the problem with cities clogged with cars. I intend to use a ECU for commuting instead of using a car and I think many more are interested in doing so. We must at least do what we can to try and fix the legislation.

Those of us who want to achieve a sensible legislation without silly restrictions are probably many more than the odd person who wants to go at length to persecute us. Let us use this forum to tip the balance in our favor.

8 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I think it would be a big big mistake to push for ECU user to become an underground subculture that tries to hide their existence. We can't stay hidden for long. The authorities and police will start to act. It is simply a matter of time. The current legislation in many countries are not in our favor.

Now we still have the chance to gather all god arguments and influence what happens. Ignoring this now will make us ending up with the police enforcing regulatiions decided by non ECU users. I have some political contacts that may be able to achieve something here I but would need help with gathering the right arguments. I think more people will understand that ECUs are one of several ways to solve the problem with cities clogged with cars. I intend to use a ECU for commuting instead of using a car and I think many more are interested in doing so. We must at least do what we can to try and fix the legislation.

Those of us who want to achieve a sensible legislation without silly restrictions are probably many more than the odd person who wants to go at length to persecute us. Let us use this forum to tip the balance in our favor.

No one's trying to hide our existence, just not making it easy for our detractors to study the legislation against us. All current legislation IS decided by non-EUC riders; in the case of England it was decided about 150 years ago, pretty sure non of them rode EUCs.  And despite claiming to be pushing for a carbon free society, the rules about what is powered and not powered remain firmly unchangeable.

Again, very noble, but not one of your arguments above involves gathering all the regulation against us, in one place for anyone to study and then use against us. You can gather all the good arguments you want, but leave the posting of laws and regulations in an easy one stop shop, out of it. There are hundreds if not thousands of us riding, outside the law, and we don't need a spotlight shone on that fact.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Smoother said:

No one's trying to hide our existence, just not making it easy for our detractors to study the legislation against us. All current legislation IS decided by non-EUC riders; in the case of England it was decided about 150 years ago, pretty sure non of them rode EUCs.  And despite claiming to be pushing for a carbon free society, the rules about what is powered and not powered remain firmly unchangeable.

Again, very noble, but not one of your arguments above involves gathering all the regulation against us, in one place for anyone to study and then use against us. You can gather all the good arguments you want, but leave the posting of laws and regulations in an easy one stop shop, out of it. There are hundreds if not thousands of us riding, outside the law, and we don't need a spotlight shone on that fact.

Hi Smoother. I honestly respect your views although I don't share them. I wonder what others think. Can we technically make members vote? Would the majority's opinion be respected? How are decisions around these important principles made here?

Edited by Enthusiast
Corrected a spelling error

Look , it's alright for you.  Riding personal electrics is Legal in Queensland, I looked it up.  And you live in a tiny town close to BFE, so if people start cracking down on riders in London, or Munich, it's no skin off your nose  But it's a big deal to them.  Why is this such a hot topic for you?  Just drop it.  You're legal, congratulations.  Leave the rest of us to fight our own legality issues, or not, as the case may be.    You've been here for a whole 7 posts and you want to start stirring things up.  But if you succeed in your quest, only other will be hurt, not you.

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I can sense the following hierarchical structure of forums on this site:

1. It seems forums are firstly grouped into overarching groups like "General Electric Unicycle forums", "Brand.specific forums (EUC only)", "ONe-Wheel skateboards", etc.
  2. The next level is sub-groups. The overarching group "General Electric Unicycle forums" have eight sub-groups of forums.
  3. The third level seems to be the actual forums and any user can create a new forum. Currently there seems to be 122 forums only under the sub-group "General Discussion" which is placed under the overarching group "General Electric Unicycle forums".

It's maybe a bit splitting hairs , but the (sub)forums are what you call (sub)groups

Users can only create "topics" (named "threads" in other forums, a discussion thread) within a (sub)forum.

So your post regarding the creation of a new subforum for "Legislation" stuff would have fit perfectly in a new topic here in the "Forum Rules" forum.

Regular "mortals" like me can't create a new overarching group or a new sub-group. We can only create a new forum. I can understand the perfect logic in this and that is the reason for this post.

I would like to see a new subgroup under "General Electric Unicycle forums" labelled "Legislation". This is an increasingly important aspect. Currently comments about legislation are spread out over an infinite number of forums and discussions about legislation in different countries are mixed together. This makes it impossible to get an overview of the actual legislation in a single country.

That's unfortionately in regard to most topics like this - informations is spread and hidden on page xxx of some topic somewhere... ;(

Best is to use google search for an overview with the "site:" keyword - works really well!

I am such a newbie here so I don't understand how I can push for the new sub-group "Legislation" to be created. I am still not allowed to send personal messages to any of the "staff" here. Hence, I wrote this post in hope of getting some help.

(I have dual citizenship so I would engage in discussing legislation in at least two countries).

Normally new subforums are only created once there is enough traffic to justify it. Pushing should imho not help too much, if at all?

2 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I wonder what others think. Can we technically make members vote?

Yes. Every user can create a topic as a poll.

Would the majority's opinion be respected?

Respected for sure, but it's a privately run forum - so in the end everything is a single humans decision :D. As he likes EUCs and their drivers, he gave us this plattform to communicate.

How are decisions around these important principles made here?

I'd assume there is no strict policy for this, but more or less some mixture of what i tried to write above.

Imo your best chances for such an subforum should be to create enough interesting and informative "Legislation" posts/topics, inspire enough other members to join this and as times goes on and this sustains a new subforum could be justified.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 7:07 PM, Andy Zhang said:

Hi Guys, This is andy from Shenzhen, China;

All rules are read and clear, I'd like get much more compliment or question for the scooter and BMS (battery management system) ;

Hope have a nice trip here. (My English is not good:))

Me too. I’m in Futian and ride a V10. It would be great to meet one day! I have only seen one EUC in Shenzhen. Mine!!!

• John Eucist locked this topic
  • esaj unpinned, unfeatured, pinned and featured this topic