Only 10mph (16kph) on my Ips122...newbie

Flightrider

Ok I bought what I think is the IPS122 on Amazon in January.   I say think because it's a 260 power pack but where do you find the actual model number on the EUC?     

I'm finally riding it and I love it, but it tilts back at 16kph.   

I tried connecting the XIMA App with no success.

So am I stuck to 16 kph?   I thought mine was the plus but apparently not!

Hi,

I bought IPS121 B some weeks ago, and as you, I was worried BT was not present.

I think we have similar issues, and you could read thread I started as "IPS121 forward inclination".

Some IPS121 have BT and others don't. It's very misleading.

As far as I know there's no way to disable tiltback.

Using sports tracker, it beeps at 16kmh and goes to 19kmh with painful tiltback.

To know the exact model, I used QR-Code on the pedal.

Fabio

For the most part my 122 rides much much better.   There is still a little tilt back at times, but not nearly as much as before.    Cruise at 22 - 26 kph is comfortable.   What a difference the increase speed makes!   More like a real vehicle now.

3 hours ago, Flightrider said:

For the most part my 122 rides much much better.   There is still a little tilt back at times, but not nearly as much as before.    Cruise at 22 - 26 kph is comfortable.   What a difference the increase speed makes!   More like a real vehicle now.

I was curious do those 122's come in two models, 20 or 30KPH and does the app work on both models? Last how is the ride softness is it mushy or stiff in reaction. Thanx

@Reny...

As I've noticed mentioned by others, IPS seems to have a very confusing situation with model numbers, stated capabilities, etc.   My IPS 122 B, which is the what the label says on the foot pedal is the T260 from what I understand.   Interestingly, I've seen 20 AND 30 kph stated as the top speed for this model.  (I looked at one on Ebay tonight for my wife and it's the same as mine, but was quoted to be 20 kph top speed).     All I know for sure is that when I connected the IMAIPS app to mine, it indicates a top speed of 30 kph.   I cruise at 22 - 26 kph according to the app and I'm bumping above that momentarily at times; so I'm relative certain mine is a 30 kph machine.  

Not sure about any other models.

13 minutes ago, Flightrider said:

@Reny...

As I've noticed mentioned by others, IPS seems to have a very confusing situation with model numbers, stated capabilities, etc.   My IPS 122 B, which is the what the label says on the foot pedal is the T260 from what I understand.   Interestingly, I've seen 20 AND 30 kph stated as the top speed for this model.  (I looked at one on Ebay tonight for my wife and it's the same as mine, but was quoted to be 20 kph top speed).     All I know for sure is that when I connected the IMAIPS app to mine, it indicates a top speed of 30 kph.   I cruise at 22 - 26 kph according to the app and I'm bumping above that momentarily at times; so I'm relative certain mine is a 30 kph machine.  

Not sure about any other models.

I was just told that the way to tell the slower model is that it doesn't have an app, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:03 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

I was just told that the way to tell the slower model is that it doesn't have an app, I guess.

I don't care very much about the speed, because I have an older 121 without app, and I almost always ride it at slow speeds. I enjoy riding slow and watching the scenery go by. What I like about this older 121 is it has minimal tiltback at slow speeds, which is much more comfortable. If I'm riding slow, I don't want tiltback, and why should it tilt back? This question came to mind when I compared the older 121 to the newer 121+. It tilts back more for some reason, even when riding slow. I still like it, but I like it less because of the (what I call) needless tiltback that happens too early at sedate speeds. I noticed the app has a choice of "sport" or "comfort" modes. I wonder if that has any affect on the tiltback. For now I left it on sport mode. I noticed a speed choice of 20, 25, or 30 km/hr. It was on 20 by default, so I changed it to 25. I'm hoping maybe with a higher max speed, tiltback will come later (at a higher speed). I've seen apps mentioned elsewhere that let the user select what speed tiltback should occur, but the iamips app does not have that type of setting.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 10:21 PM, Sidestreet Reny said:

Last how is the ride softness is it mushy or stiff in reaction. Thanx

Since the app has a choice of "sport" mode or "comfort" mode, probably "sport" is the stiff and "comfort" is the mushy mode. In the case of my 121, the default is "sport."

15 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

I don't care very much about the speed, because I have an older 121 without app, and I almost always ride it at slow speeds. I enjoy riding slow and watching the scenery go by. What I like about this older 121 is it has minimal tiltback at slow speeds, which is much more comfortable. If I'm riding slow, I don't want tiltback, and why should it tilt back? This question came to mind when I compared the older 121 to the newer 121+. It tilts back more for some reason, even when riding slow. I still like it, but I like it less because of the (what I call) needless tiltback that happens too early at sedate speeds. I noticed the app has a choice of "sport" or "comfort" modes. I wonder if that has any affect on the tiltback. For now I left it on sport mode. I noticed a speed choice of 20, 25, or 30 km/hr. It was on 20 by default, so I changed it to 25. I'm hoping maybe with a higher max speed, tiltback will come later (at a higher speed). I've seen apps mentioned elsewhere that let the user select what speed tiltback should occur, but the iamips app does not have that type of setting.

Tiltback increases when reaching max speed, same for beeps; on my IPS T680+ I get slow beep at 23Kmh, fast beep at 25Kmh, continous beep at 27Kmh.

If the battery is getting drained too much, beeping and tiltback will start earlier to protect you from face plants. This is why I consider the IPS wheels to be relatively safe.

Never tried comfort mode, only 'sport'.

Archived