After Ninebot's acquisition of Segway in 2015, there have been significant changes in how Ninebot products are sold and serviced in the United States.  Segway Inc. is the only authorized importer of Ninebot products to the United States.  After Ninebot products are brought into the United States, they are sold through ninebot-store.com and the network of authorized dealers.

Only products that are imported into the United States legally and purchased through ninebot-store.com  or an authorized dealer are covered by the original warranty.  If you purchase a Ninebot product from another source, your product will not be covered by full warranty.  Please note, there are several websites that claim they are “authorized” or even “exclusive” distributors.  We strongly recommend you check their actual status by going to www.segway.com

Couple of important changes.  Ninebotus.com does not have a contract with Segway or with Ninebot.  The company use to work with Ninebot China and may have some inventory leftovers but it has no access to new models and can not provide warranty in the United States.  The company can provide service on its own but it is not authorized by Segway. 

Local Segway dealers can sell you Ninebot products with full warranty.  If you are interested in buying online, please check with Segway an authorized website before placing an order.

I got a notification on my Ninebot app that a new version was available do you want to update?  I said yeah, sure, it's just an app.  The new Ninebot app says Ninebot bySegway.  That is the only difference I can see so far. But now you can see that Segway and Ninebot are tied together. I hope they can work together and improve all their products.

4 hours ago, Alexey said:

After Ninebot's acquisition of Segway in 2015, there have been significant changes in how Ninebot products are sold and serviced in the United States.  Segway Inc. is the only authorized importer of Ninebot products to the United States.  After Ninebot products are brought into the United States, they are sold through ninebot-store.com and the network of authorized dealers.

Only products that are imported into the United States legally and purchased through ninebot-store.com  or an authorized dealer are covered by the original warranty.  If you purchase a Ninebot product from another source, your product will not be covered by full warranty.  Please note, there are several websites that claim they are “authorized” or even “exclusive” distributors.  We strongly recommend you check their actual status by going to www.segway.com

Couple of important changes.  Ninebotus.comur p does not have a contract with Segway or with Ninebot.  The company use to work with Ninebot China and may have some inventory leftovers but it has no access to new models and can not provide warranty in the United States.  The company can provide service on its own but it is not authorized by Segway. 

Local Segway dealers can sell you Ninebot products with full warranty.  If you are interested in buying online, please check with Segway an authorized website before placing an order.

Sorry, @aleyey, your post made me remember that.

Steve,

The transition period takes time and there are problems and loose ends. However, I know for sure that people in Segway work hard.  From marketing to IT.   If you have any suggestions, please send them to me via email ak@ninebotstore.com and I will forward them to Segway.  

Cheers,

Alexey

If you purchased your Ninebot from a Segway dealer or online at www.ninebot-store.com you are covered with Segway warranty.  Just updating an app will not be enough. 

That is correct.  Segway will make an announcement today or tomorrow about Ninebot Mini in the United States.  We were hold by Segway's management to hold on until they post official press-release. 

Archived