GW 18 5000km Trip

• 1 month later...

What do you mean, like from normal usage?  I think the only real wear item (barring abuse) is the battery.  The controller board is solid state and the motor only has one moving part (the bearing). 

For the 5k km Tibet trip, they added a custom metal top to the GW18 and string enough battery packs together to obtain ~2000wh.

What do you mean, like from normal usage?  I think the only real wear item (barring abuse) is the battery.  The controller board is solid state and the motor only has one moving part (the bearing).

It's a physical device subject to repeated acceleration forces, if not invariably used on perfectly smooth surface, weather, dust, etc. Therefore, sooner or later about everything will wear or break, the only question is how long it takes. So it seems perfectly valid to wonder what maintenances/repairs were necessary within 5000km. The most obvious is anyway the tire, possibly the wheel bearing...

For the 5k km Tibet trip, they added a custom metal top to the GW18 and string enough battery packs together to obtain ~2000wh.

This is so cool -- can somebody who can read Chinese translate some more information about this trip? I saw a photo where it looked he was driving 47.5 km/hr !! B)

• 2 months later...

The 5000 Kilometer longterm test

https://www.facebook.com/gotwaycn

Has anyone informations about what parts until today had to be replaced?

Riding for 5000km is not a big deal for EUCs. I myself rode 3900km since I got my MSuper this June and still in very good condition.

I know this guy, he later took another trip from Guangzhou to Beijing, which is about 2500km using the same wheel.

This is so cool -- can somebody who can read Chinese translate some more information about this trip? I saw a photo where it looked he was driving 47.5 km/hr !! B)

The trip is actually 4000km nominal. Here are some info:

Total trip days: 34, including resting days
Mileage per moving day: 170km by average
Max mileage per day: 319km (day 32)
Average moving speed: 24km/h
Top speed: roughly 35km/h. The reading on the software is always exaggerated because of the GPS
The wheel: Gotway MSuper HS, total battery capacity 2720Wh(eight 340Wh packs)
Charger: two 4A in parallel, charge whenever possible including lunch time
Software/app: Xingzhe (行者 in Chinese, very popular here for riders)
Screen shot says:
Distance 259.46km, Time 10:47:36, average speed 24.04km/h, Top speed 35.66, elev 162.88m, accumulated uphill 2403m.

34i.jpg

screen1.jpg

Archived