Jump to content

14" mcm 3, does it support iPhone?


Recommended Posts

I just got my first GotWay 14 mcm 3, installed the iPhone app, but I can't connect. 

Manual that came w it, says only supports Android, is this true?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one of the rare MCM3s as well. Yet I can only confirm the compatibility with android devices. Maybe you can borrow someone's android phone to do the configurations? All that you really need to do is turn off the first two alarms and you should be set.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Normaly mcm3 and mcm4 has the same mainboard, the mcm4 apply for iphone should work with your wheel.

The android version of the mcm4 apply works perfectly with my mcm3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Philfree said:

Normaly mcm3 and mcm4 has the same mainboard, the mcm4 apply for iphone should work with your wheel.

The android version of the mcm4 apply works perfectly with my mcm3.

what мсм3 and мсм4 have the same controllers is a mistake. here is a picture of мсм3 .

for that, that at you has earned the application for MCM4, you have bluetooth module as in MCM4 and all

vkc6x0.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Дмитрий Дмитрий said:

what мсм3 and мсм4 have the same controllers is a mistake. here is a picture of мсм3 .

for that, that at you has earned the application for MCM4, you have bluetooth module as in MCM4 and all

vkc6x0.jpeg

That's the blue BT add on board which should work with iOS. The old green add on board wasn't BT4 capable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the MCM 3 and as you had a hard time connecting. I tried iphone and android and it would not connect. Open the panel and the bluetooth board is green. 

I got a older version android app and it worked, but for what... The app had no adjustment, only speed,temp,and battery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried iPhone 5s, 6 and 6S and none of them picking up. I can't find the app for android, can you guys help please?

this is the speed I'm getting before I hear 2 bips, I really wanna adjust settings.

IMG_0912.JPG

 

IMG_0936.PNG

Edited by yourtoys7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I have tried iPhone 5s, 6 and 6S and none of them picking up. I can't find the app for android, can you guys help please?

this is the speed I'm getting before I hear 2 bips, I really wanna adjust settings.

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0936.PNG

 

GotwayApp.apk

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

I have tried iPhone 5s, 6 and 6S and none of them picking up. I can't find the app for android, can you guys help please?

this is the speed I'm getting before I hear 2 bips, I really wanna adjust settings.

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0936.PNG

Why do you have the green BT PCB, which normally indicates BT 2.0?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

what you mean why?

this is what I got when I purchased from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotway-MCM3-Electronic-Self-balancing-unicycle-18-mph-800-watt-motor-/262402513352?hash=item3d186899c8:g:8i0AAOSwZ8ZW9Idu, by recommendation from this forum.

I got mine from Ebay too. Same price different seller, same problem as you. Did you try the app, I posted?

Here it is again for android.

GotWay4.0 - english.apk

Link to post
Share on other sites

doesn't work, used galaxy note 4, bluetooth sees GW, but the app. doesn't :(, very frustrating after spending this amount on Brand Name and they can't even get the app working.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yourtoys7 said:

doesn't work, used galaxy note 4, bluetooth sees GW, but the app. doesn't :(, very frustrating after spending this amount on Brand Name and they can't even get the app working.

But did you try my app? Yes others do not work, but this one will

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NevNutz said:

If you got a legit MCM3, BT should work on your iPhone. MCM uses BT 4.0. If you are using a android phone, make sure it's at least BT 4.0. 

If I remember right that came with Android 4.4.3 or maybe 4.4.2 - not 100% sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried with Galaxy S5, conected :) 

pic. of the wheel...

Looks like numbers pilling off, its just dust, after I posted, i went back and realized its just dust on the wheel.

 

IMG_0963.JPG

Edited by yourtoys7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...