Kicking, Grinding noise from wheel. Unable to stabilising. Airwheel X3

FIREotter

I have a problem with my Airwheel X3. When turning the unit on and tilting it there as a grinding noise from the wheel and it will not stabilise, the wheel kicks when leaning the unit forward or back. Any one had a similar issue? What was the solution? Picked this up in China, now back in UK, so no warranty support.

Thanks, Alan.

Sounds like something could be loose inside the motor (hall-sensor or magnet), there have been couple of similar sounding issues where it has happened (usually after a crash or the wheel falling hard). Not sure though, never had the issue myself. From what I've read, people have been able to re-attach (glue?) them back themselves, but probably wait for someone with more knowledge to chime in... Also, although that probably goes without saying, I don't think you should turn it on (even less try to ride it) until it's sorted.

Edit: Facebook-video of (probably) something similar:  https://www.facebook.com/sbc100/videos/10153257361229043/

If you can open the motor, you can repair the hall sensor by putting it back in its hole if it got loose, replacing it with a spare (look up the part number online) if the sensor is broken; and you can fix the magnet by re-gluing it to the side.

If the stator is broken you're fucked.

Video of brushless DC engine repairing:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUjPNIs348

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had a similar problem, my wheel wistled strong as I rolled. Suspected some worn bearing. But I tried to roll a piece of canvas and insert it between the case and the tire. Then turned the wheel. It ended in being blocked both ways ! Waouh!

But I lifted the wheel, started it and the peak power of the engine did it. My canvas was out and full of debris (leaves, small branches and mud harvested in forest trails). Since that time, no more noise, just the usual gentle siren song.

• 4 months later...

Hello, new problem !

I have a Charge Doctor, but the connexion failed in the incoming main. I tried to repair it, but I don't know which is which. I have four wires going to CD : black, light green, dark green and red. On which pin (3) out of the charger must I solder them ? I made some tries, but got just some strong flashes, so, I would like to know more before going on ! To complicate my problem, when you normally switch ON the connexion, you have "normal" flashes, so it is dfficult to know if I am good or wrong !

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived