Gotway 14" Type 2

So this is my first post on the EU forum. I am fairly new to EUs. I got a base model uniwheel 1 month ago and have not been able to stop riding it ever since. The only problem is the range and the motor power are not very high, so now I'm thinking about upgrading. I have been doing some research and really like having the option of going faster. Additionally, I don't like the tilt back feature, that's standard on most EUs, as after a long distance it really starts to bother my ankles. So I thought the gotway would be perfect. I like the speeds offered by the 18" model but feel it may be too big for me. I recently some on a website that the are now offering a gotway 14" type 2 with a top speed of 34 km/hr. Here is the link:

http://shop.wheel.lu/?product=gotway-2

Does this seem legitimate and has anyone else has experience with this model? 

Best regards

-David

They are using the same page to sell GW18 (Msuper), GW14 (MCM) and GW10 (MTEN). It looks like you can order a GW14 and choose Type 1/2/3, but the "Type" option is only valid if you order a 18" Msuper. Pretty confusing... In other words: GW14 Type 2 does not exist :)

A GW14 will do about 25km/h before it starts beeping if you disable level 1&2 sound warnings (23ish on my GPS). Max speed should be 27km/h if you want to push it close to face planting.

The 18" Msuper will do 28km/h before beeping with level 1&2 disabled. Msuper Type 2 should be able to reach 34km/h.

For best performance, ensure the highest possible purchasing batteries.
The engine is able to use more power than the batteries would be able to give up. Battery instantaneous power output capacity is the weakest link.
In particular, 18inch model.

So, you should always buy the largest battery, if maximum performance is the most important. Although a long drive on a single charge would not be important to you.

They are using the same page to sell GW18 (Msuper), GW14 (MCM) and GW10 (MTEN). It looks like you can order a GW14 and choose Type 1/2/3, but the "Type" option is only valid if you order a 18" Msuper. Pretty confusing... In other words: GW14 Type 2 does not exist :)

A GW14 will do about 25km/h before it starts beeping if you disable level 1&2 sound warnings (23ish on my GPS). Max speed should be 27km/h if you want to push it close to face planting.

The 18" Msuper will do 28km/h before beeping with level 1&2 disabled. Msuper Type 2 should be able to reach 34km/h.

​Thanks. That's too bad because it would've exactly what I am looking for.

For best performance, ensure the highest possible purchasing batteries.
The engine is able to use more power than the batteries would be able to give up. Battery instantaneous power output capacity is the weakest link.
In particular, 18inch model.

So, you should always buy the largest battery, if maximum performance is the most important. Although a long drive on a single charge would not be important to you.

​Yes I have definitely noticed mine uniwheel motor is much less responsive with it's low on battery. I would probably get the 520 or 680WH gotway for that reason

Archived