Heatsink on the ACM

2 hours ago, OliverH said:

How secure is the fastening of this plugs? I can't understand that this yellow plugs are still in use for batteries and now with 3 wires for the motor.

From my experience, XT60's (the yellow plug in batteries) is very tight, you really have to pull hard to get them apart. I doubt they could release by accident. That being said, I've had some more brown XT60-plugs from Aliexpress, and those were lousy (didn't make a tight fit). Then from another seller I got yellow XT60's which were just fine. The XT60-connectors are rated for 60 amps, which is (probably) enough at least for most wheels (continuous 60A at around 60V would total 3600W ;)). If you're worried about them coming off, you could always pout zip-tie around them, but I doubt it's necessary.

Since I like to do overkill on things, I plan on replacing my current battery discharge plugs (Anderson PowerPoles) either with XT60's (not the crappy brown ones ;)) or EC3's (per pack) and EC5 (Y-connector connecting all packs togethetr& to mainboard):

2pair-lot-XT60-T-EC3-EC5-XT90-TRX-JST-pl

They are the blue ones, the larger EC5 is rated for >120A, EC3 is said to be 60amps, so same as XT60.

The motor connector looks interesting (MT60), never seen those before. Guess they're good for 60 amps too, assuming the naming convention is similar to XT60.

7 minutes ago, esaj said:

From my experience, XT60's (the yellow plug in batteries) is very tight, you really have to pull hard to get them apart. I doubt they could release by accident. That being said, I've had some more brown XT60-plugs from Aliexpress, and those were lousy (didn't make a tight fit). Then from another seller I got yellow XT60's which were just fine. The XT60-connectors are rated for 60 amps, which is (probably) enough at least for most wheels (continuous 60A at around 60V would total 3600W ;)). If you're worried about them coming off, you could always pout zip-tie around them, but I doubt it's necessary.

Since I like to do overkill on things, I plan on replacing my current battery discharge plugs (Anderson PowerPoles) either with XT60's (not the crappy brown ones ;)) or EC3's (per pack) and EC5 (Y-connector connecting all packs togethetr& to mainboard):

2pair-lot-XT60-T-EC3-EC5-XT90-TRX-JST-pl

They are the blue ones, the larger EC5 is rated for >120A, EC3 is said to be 60amps, so same as XT60.

The motor connector looks interesting (MT60), never seen those before. Guess they're good for 60 amps too, assuming the naming convention is similar to XT60.

The XT60s on my MSuper had to been fixed. I hadn't trust in the plugs and fixed it with tape, after even a charging connector come loose.

There will be a test sequence in the future with 10 N force to check if the plugs are tight together.

Archived