Gotway MCM3 260WH no longer charging

I think he checked the voltage through the charging port at the leads to the battery, and things were normal so I think the charging port should be okay.  I wonder if checked the plugs on the battery might be worthwhile.  A flakey connection might partially charge, but it could disconnect intermittently.  I remember seeing someone's connectors with a loose connection which they had to fix.  Double check the red T Dean's connector to make sure the wire and the plug are sound.

9 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I have plugged in the charging cable misaligned before and nothing was damaged. There are 3 pins in the connectors so when the cabe is misaligned the plus and minus voltages are not swapped, one of them is left floating and no harm is caused, I suspect.  This may be why they use a 3 pin connector.

Then You were Lucky.....

normally The Same As here can Happen:

9 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

I did see that but I don't think that's from plugging it in misaligned. He has another problem with that charger

Je has had no prob with The Charger....The cables of his Charge Port were Mixed Up :-)

From The 3 pins....One Is plus One Is minus 

nothing else

if You manage to misaligned it in a specific way The BMS or Charger or Charge Port CAN die.....

But i don't Know if the BMS of mcm3/Gotway has a Protection for this....Seams not so.....

whatever: somethings defect ....

Archived