IPS 191- what do all the flashing lights mean?

Bosq

1 hour ago, Paddylaz said:

Does that not affect ventilation/heat dissipation or anything? Or are those grill slits just for the sound?

Sorry, i wasn't detailed enough.

You open the wheel up and put it on the speaker inside of the wheel. 

Not on the vents.

And the vent are there for ventilation as you said, but there is so much space in the plastic in the bottom of the wheel that it wouldn't matter if you plugged the vents or not.

A bit of a design flaw I think.

The power button flashing is based on Voltage (the power indication also), that's why it will start flashing going uphil and once your on flat terrain again it stops flashing.

If you have installed the latest version of the app, you should be able to see it in the setting, The algorithm in the IPS wheels lets you ride till almost 'dry, but undercharge is not good for the batts, so personally I avoid it. I have an IPS T680+, I never go below 55V, below 60V you can feel the performance start to degrade, probably not a good idea to climb a steep hil (at least not with my weight of 100kg+)

Tire pressure: if you're heavy and pushing it on smooth solid terrain 50PSI makes it more agile and gives you more range but it will be less stable, if you use it off-road a lower pressure like 35-40 psi will give you more control (more surface contact) but less range.

Enjoy

On 22 maj 2016 at 10:08 PM, Bosq said:

An ha! Bluetak we'd call that.  Ingenious... Ok I'll slap some on.  Thanks! What do you mean a setting for tilt back? 

No problem.

Some wheels have a setting for the tilt back of the pedals, (and also for beeps)

Ex at X km/h start tilt back.

Ex at Y km/h start single beep etc.

That wold be niceto have I think then you can set custom warnings suted to your personal riding-stile.

Speaker.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:08 PM, Paddylaz said:

Although your tire SAYS 30-45psi, I'd go for 50. Handling is better and you'll get more range. Don't worry your tire won't explode or anything

I agree. My IPS191 tire says 36 psi on the sidewall, but I keep it at 50 psi. The performance is much better.

Archived