Inmotion V5F

JonTheMad

@thefork sorry I missed this question, I'll see if I can get the answer for this. In addition  here's some more technical details, questions are mine with Inmotion responses:

• At 30kph is there enough confidence that there will be enough torque from the motor to support a heavy rider?----Generally it can be work with enough and stable torque on 25kph to support a heavy rider in safe,from manufacturer advice.
  • What are the voltage thresholds for low-battery (limp-home-mode) & out-of-battery?----68V
  • How much power is the control-board rated for? Is it exposed to the Wheel housing to allow for more effective cooling? Does the V5F use a larger heatsink than the previous V5 model?----550W.   V5F have heatsink as normal version in this industry,and it is effect cooling enough under thousands test.
  • At what temperature does the control-board overheat? What is the behaviour when this condition is reached?----80℃。When arrive at this top temperature the V5F will slow down itself,and when reduce inner temperature to normal in low speed,it can run on high speed again to keep running safe.
  • What are the type of MOSFETs are used, brand/model? ---- IRF100B202
  • When attaining maximum speed, is the tilt-back behaviour progressive to prevent the user from overpowering the Wheel? ---- Yes,it will have tilt-back behaviour progressive
  • How many hours has the development team spent so far on testing the prototype? ----  V5F test for about 4 months,accumulated distance is about 3000KM,to ensure stable performance

About the speed, out-of-the-box it's 25kph, but there will be a future FW upgrade to 27kph, originally the specs were 30kph, then scaled back. At maximum speed it feels very controlled, don't think there's any concern running at 27kph.

Feedback from @fearedbliss is excellent.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, JonTheMad said:

@thefork I'd like a review on the training-wheel! :D

It's very slow, haha! ?

@Jason McNeil, I trust you will keep us updated on the progress with the shipments? I'm traveling a bit next week but could maybe adapt my plans depending on date of arrival in Stockholm. What is typical shipping time from UK to Sweden? Which courier will be used and will I receive a tracking id? 

8 hours ago, Makoben said:

@thefork great job. When you get good at jumping on, radius the bottom board to resemble the radius of the wheel. Get the side to side balancing first, then add fore and aft. 

Mike

Great idea! As of yet it seems preposterous to be able to balance side-to-side while not moving, but I'm working on it. 

I ordered a protection cover for the V5F+. I want to take the Wheel with me to Italy (holidays) in a few weeks and wanted to have some kind of cover as I put it in the trunk of my car between all the things of the children ;-)

For people in Europe, if you are interested: I found a reseller in Belgium with moderate shipping fees, I bought it for 50 Euro shipped to germany.

Link to the Shop

Edit: Link corrected!

3 hours ago, thefork said:

As of yet it seems preposterous to be able to balance side-to-side while not moving, but I'm working on it. 

Just getting the feel of hopping on to it is probably enough.  Once you get your wheel and start moving forward the side to side will be easier.^_^

You don't have to stay balanced more than a second or two while stationary, then you start moving and the faster you go the easier the side to side is,  but will take a lot of attempts.

19 minutes ago, steve454 said:

You don't have to stay balanced more than a second or two while stationary, then you start moving and the faster you go the easier the side to side is,  but will take a lot of attempts.

That's what I was hoping for ?

I think I have actually practiced alot in my sleep. I've been dreaming of EUCs the last few nights, and specifically about practicing (and succeeding at) riding and balancing at low speed. That must be of some help, no? 

I was able to step on and off and riding hands free after some hours of practicing. What you really need to learn and lasts a lot longer is to be relaxed on the EUC. This took me weeks if not months... Even after a year of riding EUC, I still learn. Different grounds, jumps, riding backwards, one leg etc. Riding fast is easy. I like tricks and riding as slow as possible. The human brain is doing a good job, after a while, unicycling seems to be ususal as walking.

@thefork you are as excited as me to receive the  new V5F+. Should be fun. Having 2 NB1E+ s I still plan to wrap a strap through the handle and attach to my belt for the initial ride. Every EUC has it's own indiosyncracies -even my NBs. Nothing worse than dumping and scratching your new ride on your first attempts.  It is inevitable you will scratch it at some point. 

Be sure to use protective foam or as I did,  or some self adhesive 1/8" wide auto plastic trim on the areas that will contact first when it falls. Just place your machine on its side on carpeting and roll it around to determine the apex regions of the shells. 

4 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

I ordered a protection cover for the V5F+. I want to take the Wheel with me to Italy (holidays) in a few weeks and wanted to have some kind of cover as I put it in the trunk of my car between all the things of the children ;-)

For people in Europe, if you are interested: I found a reseller in Belgium with moderate shipping fees, I bought it for 50 Euro shipped to germany.

Link to the shop

As mentioned above, one more option is to order the case made bei Inmotion - for a new rider it is worth th 50 Euro!

1 hour ago, thefork said:

That's what I was hoping for ?

I think I have actually practiced alot in my sleep. I've been dreaming of EUCs the last few nights, and specifically about practicing (and succeeding at) riding and balancing at low speed. That must be of some help, no? 

haha...that would be nice....but:

As i got my first wheel i looked so much videos and learned so much about the Howto do it the right way...

i was optimistic of not needing a long time...as i also got a ninebot minipro before and know the characteristics of self balancing unicycle....

and then the Ks14 arrived and....i failed...and faiiled and failed...if some of the members didnt told me to not give up....i dont know...

and then....finally...after about 6 times of 30 minutes hardcore learning i did my first 10 meters and it all was done :-)

so the most important for me was:

go on trying....dont give up!

nowadays i even do not know how i do it...its just natural :-)

12 minutes ago, Fahrtwind said:

As mentioned above, one more option is to order the case made bei Inmotion - for a new rider it is worth th 50 Euro!

Another approach would be to appreciate the journey of learning to ride; to embrace every scratch and indentation, as they are all part of the story of the vehicle. A bit more poetic, don't you think?

Or, you could just order a new shell when the first one is scratched to hell and you have gained some control of the beast. 

Of course you can (I haven´t seen any sites selling spare parts yet, any tips?). I started with a cheap generic Airwheel X3 for the first weeks. Holy crap, this one was scratched after hours!

After I felt comfortabel, I upgraded to the NB1. Many people don´t care about scratches - I really do hate scratches and prefer to prevent instead of repairing them...

Just my 2ct... Enjoy your EUC! That´s it what it is all about..

Manu

Interesting...I have never seen a commercial cover for riding. The Nb1 s have a cover you can purchase to protect from dust but not for riding.

I tried the link but could not open it . Please send a photo. 

Very good! I like it! :) We both should be up and running shortly. Interested in how it compares to the NB1E+.

Yes me too! I am done with the NB1 E+ since I updated to 1.4.0 by accident. I like doing tricks with a lot of direction changes etc. The new NB firmware is unusable for this, I have little cut offs when doing hard stops and direction changes. I lost my trust in this wheel...

I hope Inmotion V5F+ gains some track in sales. I don't mind getting one but for now I'm stuck with NB1E+. Bummer. Both Inmotion and KS16 have unique way of incorporating trolley handles. That tells me that they have some think tanks in the company who care and listens to the customer needs. What's the price on Inmotion V5F+ anyway in USD?

Archived