Inmotion V5F

JonTheMad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a pretty decent Wheel: looks fantastic (obviously it's Inmotion!), good battery capacity, & an operating speed above 25kph.  Only possible downside might be that the motor is somewhat limited in power, being in the 500W class...

From what I heard Inmotion is a company to watch..seems to have good quality products. But why is it not that popular ? I feel bad if a company has good products but lack of "image" kills it. It's like Subru cars. They are really great cars but people go buy Hondas and such. I hope Inmotion ramps up their marketing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be doing a Video review on the V5F+ in about 10 days time... The first limited US order will arrive here in the US on June 12th, UK/EU orders around ten days later (22nd).
The '+' variant has the LG MH1 battery cells vs. the standard Samsung 22Ps that are found in the V5F; this gives it 50% more range & 20% more power than the standard V5F version. 

On 5/4/2016 at 5:36 PM, Planetpapi said:

From what I heard Inmotion is a company to watch..seems to have good quality products. But why is it not that popular ?

Could the reason be that so far they haven't been in the business of selling one-wheeled EUCs?

BTW, the Inmotion v3 was the first EUC I have ever heard of and googled, that is, it cannot have been that unpopular.

6 minutes ago, Niko said:

Could the reason be that so far they haven't been in the business of selling one-wheeled EUCs?

Planetpapi has a point, until quite recently their focus was on the V3 series, which were great, but as we hard core Wheelers  know, the twin/dual Wheel has it's functional limits. 

On 6/1/2016 at 4:05 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I'll be doing a Video review on the V5F+ in about 10 days time... The first limited US order will arrive here in the US on June 12th, UK/EU orders around ten days later (22nd).
The '+' variant has the LG MH1 battery cells vs. the standard Samsung 22Ps that are found in the V5F; this gives it 50% more range & 20% more power than the standard V5F version. 

I look forward to reading your review ! Hope it will be in less then 10 days ! I'm totally attracted by the wheel :)

V5F+ looks really impressive! Do you have any information if the speed is going to be 18.6 mph "out of the box", or if it will be like 12mph and upgradable by downloading some firmware or such?

8 minutes ago, JonTheMad said:

V5F+ looks really impressive! Do you have any information if the speed is going to be 18.6 mph "out of the box", or if it will be like 12mph and upgradable by downloading some firmware or such?

I' should have a full report in about a week from today.

Be careful INMOTION NINEBOT FRANCE/BELGIUM said V5F+ is a fake : https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/518-nouvelle-inmotion-v5f/?do=findComment&comment=10639

INMOTION France / Belgique

• rang0.png.b95918c2b21d99dd8daa28623c0c75
  • inmomo.png.570f5f05baa5687eca6a2e1e494aa
  • 13 messages
  • Inscrit May 10

Bonjour a tous 

Il s'agit bien d'une batterie 72 volts 4 A  soit 288 w.

Quant a la version soit disant 460 wh , il s'agit d'un fake : elle n'existe pas.

Bonne journée.

If @Jason McNeil is reporting and annoucing the wheel...it WILL have the promised 460wh...

It is just a easy to calculate  (18s2p or 20s2p)  with the highest possible Batterie LG 3500mah is in fact 460wh.....Fact!

Or easier: Inmotion until now using 2200mah batteries which is 288wh....then now with 3500mah Batterie is 460wh....simple three rate calculation

That "Inmotion/France-Belgium" is not knowing anything about the deal means nothing.....

my 2 Cents.....

Yep I really want this to be true!

Agreed I did the math on 20 batteries and it came up correct. Not sure how those figures work with the stipulated 40 batteries though. I know enough about electronics to know I don't know enough about electronics :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have now placed a pre-order of the V5F+ from www.wheelgo.com. The unit seems like the perfect compromise between weight/agility and performance/range. Hopefully I will be able to use it for commuting to work (about 7 km, Stockholm city). In the meantime I will fill my time with youtube videos of other people riding the things... ?

On 6/1/2016 at 4:05 PM, Jason McNeil said:

On 6/3/2016 at 9:22 PM, Jason McNeil said:

I' should have a full report in about a week from today.

Hey Jason, how is the review coming along? I'm an eager beaver, I know, but there just isn't very much information about the V5F(+) out on the Internet (that I could find).

3 hours ago, thefork said:

how is the review coming along? I'm an eager beaver, I know, but there just isn't very much information about the V5F(+) out on the Internet (that I could find).

Sending one out to a professional reviewer in the next couple days. 

I would also be very interested in knowing the peak power. The numbers for the V5F on www.proj42.co.uk (450W) cannot be correct, can they? Screenshot of specs from the site below.

inmotion_v5f+_specs.PNG

Edit: I was probably a bit tired when I posted this. I must have seen the two power ratings and assumed that one of them was PEAK power, but I see now that of course that is not the case...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived