Who is the youngest / oldest rider?

Scully

I was going to start a "what's your age" topic but you beat me to it. 

When I see people riding hover boards they tend to be pretty young but it's struck me reading the forums here that ECU owners span the full range of ages with a lot being middle aged or over. I'm 51 and when I bought my wheel I thought I'd be like the oldest person ever to be playing with such a thing but it seems to be us older folks who are fascinated with these things... Or maybe it's only us who can afford them. 

Maybe an added benefit is that the police are less likely to stop us than a teenager, or is that wishful thinking. I've had several police cars go by me whilst I've been wheeling and never had any issues, at least so far. But I do live out in the sticks and not in a big city. 

26 minutes ago, nute said:

I'm 51 and when I bought my wheel I thought I'd be like the oldest person ever to be playing with such a thing but it seems to be us older folks who are fascinated with these things...

I am a couple years older than you and thought the same thing. That's why I was so fascinated by the poll on this forum that asked for demographic info on EU riders. Nearly 2/5 riders are between 45 and 54! the two largest cohorts are 45-59 and 50-54, by significant percentages. Take a look at this link:

POLL: Who are the EU riders? What is your age, gender, and occupation?

The youngest EUC rider I heard of:

The oldest one in my field of view is a 75 year old chap from Berlin. He was into mechanical unicycling in his younger years and rides an airwheel now. He is happy with the low top speed of his wheel and moves very elegantly with it.

5 hours ago, dbfrese said:

I am a couple years older than you and thought the same thing. That's why I was so fascinated by the poll on this forum that asked for demographic info on EU riders. Nearly 2/5 riders are between 45 and 54! the two largest cohorts are 45-59 and 50-54, by significant percentages. Take a look at this link:

POLL: Who are the EU riders? What is your age, gender, and occupation?

I for one have moved up a group since that poll was posted so the figures are a little less accurate than they were. :)

• Upvote 1

On ‎28‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 10:14 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I'm not the oldest or youngest, but I feel like I'm 14 again when I'm riding my EUC.  Does that count?  :D

Same here, exept that I feel like I am 16 again *(legal age to ride EUC here in Norway) :)

• Upvote 2

there already a  thread on age, it seems mean age is relatively high, but the forum could be a selection bias.

money is probably a factor: the difference between the men and the boys is the quality of their toys :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I believe that former US Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld was still riding a unicycle at 80 years of age in 2010. A REAL unicycle, not a powered one.

Beat that guys. :D

======================================================

I'm 68.

I ride an UNpowered 24" unicycle, I meter my riding and, post retirement slowdown, still covering 4,000 to 5,000kms a year. Currently the meter is a hundred short of 65,000kms. My target is to pass 100,000km before I am eighty if I (fingers crossed) am still riding.

Edited by ColinOldAndCranky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...