Trash

Esash

7 hours ago, Paul g said:

It is terrifying how stifled the innovation is in the West while China gives no ***** about intelectual property and gets away with it. This is definitely not a level playing field and our politicians should take hard decisions before is too late. This is the skeleton in the West’s closet. We ignored it for so long that it came to haunt us.

You forgot about the other skeleton in the West's closet. China is mostly a meritocracy. Smart heterosexual Chinese males don't get held back in promotions and employment due to being Chinese, male, and heterosexual.

If forced, ant-meritocratic modern western policies really caused more creativity, we'd have skyscrapers on Mars by now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, noonewantstobepeterchris said:

So I guess the gays in the West are... neglecting their jobs in tech to make hurricanes or something?  I am glad you figured it out! You should absolutely change every conversation you see online to that. That.s not weird at all.

I'm not really talking about gays, as you know. 

Keep pretending meritocracy or lack thereof doesn't affect western innovation ... or lack thereof.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This forum is about discussing electric unicycles (and other things) in a way so people get something from it. If you have some (imagined) personal frustrations/weird political fixations, please vent them somewhere else, they contribute nothing here.

• Like 2